iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

Now with the WiMAX shutdown in Nashville, I am guessing Sprint will need to reconfigure priority of band selection with the iPhone. In downtown Friday, my iPhone was parked on b26 but the speeds were poor. 0.13dn/0.40up.

Correct me if I am wrong but if one band is stressed with traffic, is the phone not able to search other bands for less congestion?

Yes but if Band 26 is the only band that your device is currently able to receive, then there is no other band for it to offload to.

-Anthony

Yes but if Band 26 is the only band that your device is currently able to receive, then there is no other band for it to offload to.

-Anthony

True, all three bands are available but congestion it on all three bands. Even 41 is very slow at times. I do not think they have 2CA up in the area yet. Hopefully with the shutdown of WiMAX, it will be up sometime soon.

• Like 1

I'm not really having issues. I get the occasional hang up, but other than that, it's good.

-Anthony

Was unable to make outgoing phone calls after updating to beta 5 last night. Had to restore back to 9.2.1 to get it to come back. Betas never seem to work out good for me for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was unable to make outgoing phone calls after updating to beta 5 last night. Had to restore back to 9.2.1 to get it to come back. Betas never seem to work out good for me for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's very odd. I have had no problems whatsoever. 

-Anthony

That's very odd. I have had no problems whatsoever.

-Anthony

An odd Ood.

2da15fba865017c5ada4e6c72b737c7f.jpg

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The 9.3 update and carrier bundle 24.1 broke Clear B41 for me on my 6s Plus. I'm in the LA/OC market. It happened as well with the public beta, so I reverted back to 9.2.1 last month. Updated to the gold master yesterday...the problem resurfaced.

After logging 80 miles on my commute and feverishly switching between Field Test and Speedtest, I can pretty much confirm that Clear B41 is the problem. Sprint B41 and B25 seem to be fine. I've noticed that the Clear TAC in my market changed from 9xxx to 3xxxx since the WiMAX shutdown. Anyone else experiencing this bug in their market?

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

The 9.3 update and carrier bundle 24.1 broke Clear B41 for me on my 6s. Anyone else experiencing this bug in their market?

I updated and haven't noticed any abnormal B41 behavior on my 6s in the LA Market. I will pay more attention after having read your post.

EDIT: I have experienced connection issues with Clear B41 sites.

The 9.3 update and carrier bundle 24.1 broke Clear B41 for me on my 6s Plus. I'm in the LA/OC market. It happened as well with the public beta, so I reverted back to 9.2.1 last month. Updated to the gold master yesterday...the problem resurfaced.

After logging 80 miles on my commute and feverishly switching between Field Test and Speedtest, I can pretty much confirm that Clear B41 is the problem. Sprint B41 and B25 seem to be fine. I've noticed that the Clear TAC in my market changed from 9xxx to 3xxxx since the WiMAX shutdown. Anyone else experiencing this bug in their market?

I'm in OC and am having sporadic problems where data wouldn't work when connected to LTE.  Your explanation makes perfect sense.

I'm in OC and am having sporadic problems where data wouldn't work when connected to LTE. Your explanation makes perfect sense.

I've had to turn off LTE. I'm going to revert back to 9.2.1 tonight. I tweeted Sprint Care, network team is "investigating"

• Like 1

After logging 80 miles on my commute and feverishly switching between Field Test and Speedtest, I can pretty much confirm that Clear B41 is the problem. 

You must have more patience than I do with Field Test.  That screen really makes me miss my HTC M8.

Do you have any tricks to get the info to populate correctly for TAC and UARFCN?  Half the time it seems random to me.

Is there a separate display for PLMN?

You must have more patience than I do with Field Test. That screen really makes me miss my HTC M8.

Do you have any tricks to get the info to populate correctly for TAC and UARFCN? Half the time it seems random to me.

Is there a separate display for PLMN?

No tricks, just a whole lot of double clicks on the home button, switching between dialer and Speedtest. Pretty easy when sitting in standstill traffic for an hour and a half (I know, I'm a bad person for doing that [emoji57]) The *3001#12345#* stays populated so you just have to hit call. When Field test bugs out, just go back to dialer and hit call again...some fields populate correctly. I could never find PLMN on Field Test.

Needless to say, I turned off LTE because of this Clear B41 problem. So many of the towers in LA are Clear that my data hangs 50% of the time. Surprisingly though, EVDO is working for my basic needs as I have excellent WiFi at home and work. I wonder if this is just a 6s Plus issue...ugh.

I wonder if this is just a 6s Plus issue...ugh.

Thanks for the tips!

I don't think this is isolated to just the 6s Plus.  I've noticed problems with Clear B41 as well.  My 6s sees the signal, but I'm not able to use data.  I reported it via Sprint Zone.

I reported it via Sprint Zone.

I tweeted Marcelo, who then forwarded to Sprint Care

c0992b31cec92166b40e20ad957783b3.jpg

Please excuse my terrible grammar...

• Like 1

I'm on a chat with Sprint Care about this issue.

Did they respond to your tweet?

I messaged them back with a screenshot of a failed Speedtest, they replied back with "Type a reply..." I don't know what to make of that honestly.

fc119c1830bb0b490a4885db56bc2913.jpg

I messaged them back with a screenshot of a failed Speedtest, they replied back with "Type a reply..." I don't know what to make of that honestly.

LOL.  I am also experiencing a long pause of 2+ hours.  I'm not sure they knew what to do with the information that I have 2 other iPhone 6s devices that are running 9.2 and the older carrier bundle that can connect with no problem.

• Like 1

The conversations I had with Apple and Sprint were comical...they had no idea what to make of my knowledge of the network and my troubleshooting results. We know too much.

• Like 4

The conversations I had with Apple and Sprint were comical...they had no idea what to make of my knowledge of the network and my troubleshooting results. We know too much.

I'm surprised there aren't more people complaining about LTE connectivity issues.  I'm definitely open to the idea it could be a peculiarity of my device.  It just seems odd that I'm able to replicate your findings 100%.

Sprint Care told me to report it via Sprint Zone.  Not being satisfied with that answer I asked them if they had experienced an uptick in 6s LTE connectivity issues and suggested if that was the case that they pass the info up the chain.  The agent promised to do so.

Haven't been on here in a while. I will second the LTE issues. I consistently find that my phone isn't loading anything and I have to cycle airplane mode. Sometimes I even turn off LTE and switch to 3g. 

I have a 6s

I'm surprised there aren't more people complaining about LTE connectivity issues.

Haven't been on here in a while. I will second the LTE issues. I consistently find that my phone isn't loading anything and I have to cycle airplane mode. Sometimes I even turn off LTE and switch to 3g.

I have a 6s

Give it time, I think people are starting to find out. There are a few people posting on the Sprint Reddit with the same problem.

Jamison, are you in a Clear market?

Nothing user related, but the cookie monster iPhone TV commercial is phenomenal!!

• Like 8