iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

What does this update address?

More bug fixes pretty much, also got an carrier update to Sprint 23.1.  Unfortunately HD voice is still disabled if you enable Wi-Fi calling.  ;)  

• Like 1

Not to hijack your conversation on the carrier bundle... but I've been keeping up in reading all the posts between here and the 6/6 Plus thread. As I may or may not have mentioned on here, I plan on going to an iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus as my new secondary, business line to keep all my work stuff off my personal line on my G3.

Now I noticed that there are still some issues with the 6 that were solved by the 6S. The question I have - and since I plan on buying at least a 64GB if not preferably a 128GB right off the bat through Swappa and not new through Sprint - should I get the 6 Plus, the 6S Plus or wait until a used one comes around of the 7? It's also something I'd probably keep for 2-3 years before replacing, keeping that in mind.

I personally plan on making a decision and buying one within the next couple months (probably at most by the start of summer), but I'd much rather hear actual users inputs first since this would be my first IOS device.

If you are planning for long term, get the 6s Plus. This has been the best iPhone I've ever owned. TouchID has been awesome, the 12MP camera is great. But I would not get a 6/6 Plus just for the many issues people are still persistently having with Apple having over a year to fix them and still not fixing them.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just picked up a 6s. I have only one complaint: scrolling in Safari is SLOW! I know about tapping the bar to skip to the top, but that's only a partial solution.

Anyone know of a solution to this?

Just picked up a 6s. I have only one complaint: scrolling in Safari is SLOW! I know about tapping the bar to skip to the top, but that's only a partial solution.

Anyone know of a solution to this?

If you increase your swiping speed ever so slightly it increases the speed at which it scrolls. I think if you do it 3 or more times, it accelerates it much quicker. Other than that, no...just clicking on the top bar.

• Like 1

Yeah I would probably go with the 6S series. I would do it myself if I could do it for very little cost to get away from these never ending issues with my 6 (replacement number 9 since getting it right after launch is on its way). If I can just get one with even enough backlighting and no dead pixels I will be happy til iP7.

• Like 1

If you increase your swiping speed ever so slightly it increases the speed at which it scrolls. I think if you do it 3 or more times, it accelerates it much quicker. Other than that, no...just clicking on the top bar.

Thanks! You're right it does. It's just not as nice as the implementation in Android.

I'm late to the CA party as well having just picked up a 6S Friday night. I'm impressed with CA as well! Out of complete curiosity, I did a speed test with my wife's 6 and saw 30.92Mbps and then with my 6S saw 56.72. Both phones had around -115dbm on Clear B41 in my house.

• Like 3

How do I read this? This is getting three dots signal. But average RSRP 138?

In order to see what dBm you are receiving on a device post-iOS 9, you have to go to Field Test, then exit out of field test and look at your status bar quickly while it still shows the dBm before it changes back to dots.

-Anthony

In order to see what dBm you are receiving on a device post-iOS 9, you have to go to Field Test, then exit out of field test and look at your status bar quickly while it still shows the dBm before it changes back to dots.

-Anthony

You can scroll down notifications view from the top of the screen within the field test mode as well and see -dBm

EDIT...if you just want to see -dBm without changing to dots. The "back to" button annoys me in field test

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You can also go into field test and then open a waiting notification and then hit the back to button back to field test and it'll display the dbm without needing to slide the notification window down every time.

• Like 2

You can still force close Field Test to keep the dBm listed at the top.

This seemed to work for me:

Repeat these steps twice.

1. Enter Field Test mode.

2. Hold down the power button until you get the shutdown screen.

3. Hit exit.

I had to this twice before it worked.

This seemed to work for me:

Repeat these steps twice.

1. Enter Field Test mode.

2. Hold down the power button until you get the shutdown screen.

3. Hit exit.

I had to this twice before it worked.

Thanks for posting those steps. I was checking out in the grocery store and forgot to come back and post them.

So, my lease is up on the iPhone 6 I have, and I'm considering making the possible leap to the 6S Plus, vs the 6S. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I tried the 6 plus from the 6 and it took a good few weeks for me to get used to the size. Because of that, and also price, when the 6s came out, I went with the standard 4.7" model. But I think with a good week or two it may be better. I did like the high quality screen with the Plus, and also the battery life was flawless for my heavy usage.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

So, my lease is up on the iPhone 6 I have, and I'm considering making the possible leap to the 6S Plus, vs the 6S. Any thoughts or suggestions?

If you go with the 6S Plus, I would suggest getting a slim case and a screen protector and relying on a protection plan instead of a bulky OtterBox.  My 6S Plus fits in my pocket fine and doesn't seem that much larger than my 6 with the OtterBox I had on it.