iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

Finally got me an iPhone 6s Plus. Yay me!

Anyway I've been seeing posts here about how the field test screen on the 6s models are not showing the correct information. Today at work I went to the field test screen a couple of times while on 3G and for the SID of 4148 it normally shows 1900 PCS for the band class but on the new phone the field test app showed it as being 800 SMR.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, except my 3G connections always say the non SMR 800 MHz. Apple almost completely killed the 1x Field Test Screen.

I feel that the 6s is handling data not as nice as my old iphone 6. Not sure why but it seems slower and even close to a tower, I get slow speeds.

My 6S Plus works better than my 6 Plus in terms of handling data. My connections are far more stable overall.

• Like 2

Is there any way to manually update the PRL? I'd like to change to a 56*** PRL for 3G roaming.

Sent using Tapatalk

As far as I know, there is no way to change PRL's with a jailbreak anymore.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Really liking the new wifi antenna.  When Comcast is working correctly at home, I have seen 126 down/25 up.  I would guess the down speed is the max for the phone.

I've been getting upwards of 200 mbps on my 6 Plus on my 300 mbps Time Warner connection. :)

-Anthony

• Like 2

If I bring my unlocked iPhone 6s (model A1633) to Sprint, will I also have all the features you have including HD Calling?

Model A1633*

Model A1634*

LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)

TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41)

TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)

UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)

CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)

GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

All the bands are supported on both models for AT&T and unlocked iPhones, should be no issue at all as long as its in sprints system. Including HD voice.

Model A1633*

Model A1634*

LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)

TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41)

TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)

UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)

CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)

GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

All the bands are supported on both models for AT&T and unlocked iPhones, should be no issue at all as long as its in sprints system. Including HD voice.

Thanks dor your quick response. Does Sprint give less priority to customer's who bring their own device? I'm talking in terms of data speeds.

Thanks dor your quick response. Does Sprint give less priority to customer's who bring their own device? I'm talking in terms of data speeds.

No.  But you will need to have the card internally in your phone changed to Sprint.  They should be able to do that for you at a Sprint store that does repair work.

No. But you will need to have the card internally in your phone changed to Sprint. They should be able to do that for you at a Sprint store that does repair work.

Is this 100% accurate? It's the 6s and supports all networks and bands. Do you mean the SIM Card?

is it just me or does anybody else go OCD mode on the silent switch?

Up, up --- Down, Down

Up, Down, UP, down, up.. etc?

I tend to do this with all iPhones, not any Android devices though :P

I do it constantly while it's in my pocket. No wonder my battery dies quick.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.lifeproof.com/en-us/iphone-6s-plus--iphone-6-plus/fre-for-iphone-6-plus-6s-plus/lpfr-apl-iphp15.html

Anyone interested in Lifeproof Fre for their shiny and beautiful 6+/6s+ phones? They are now up for pre-order in black with a ship date of December 11.

Was with AT&T and now back with Sprint at half the price, I regret I even switched but now I'm rocking a space grey iPhone 6S which is unprecedented considering I've been in the Android ecosystem since the beginning.

• Like 11

iPhone 6S noob here...how does the 3D touch work? I have tried pressing on icons (camera app) but the only luck I get is all the icons start to shake, what gives?

It's all about different levels of pressure. One way you can play around with it is in the messages app. There you can see the "peek" and "pop".

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

On 12/4/2015 at 11:37 AM, jamisonshaw125 said:

Are you sure they gave you a 6s LOL

Yeah *scratches head*  :P

This is my first iPhone, since the days of smartphones I went from Blackberry (2008) to Android (2009-2015). 

iPhone 6S noob here...how does the 3D touch work? I have tried pressing on icons (camera app) but the only luck I get is all the icons start to shake, what gives?

Press harder ????

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have to admit, I really love the live pictures on this phone more than I though I would when Apple announced it. It's really awesome thinking you just have a picture of a special moment, and then press it to get 3 seconds of video with audio of that moment. [emoji106]????

Sent from my iPhone 6s