iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

I'm happy with my phone for the most part. Around Milwaukee there are still spots where I drop to 3G and on 3G the speeds still aren't the greatest. When my phone is on lte it works great and I have no issues at all.

The Milwaukee market is coming along nicely, its also on the first round of NGN small cell deployment due to its low macro tower density.... hopping they put a nice high capacity small cell in state fair park, as data was basically unusable at last years state fair.   

Maybe. I had a meeting the other week where we talked with the network engineers about what's going on in Milwaukee. All that's really left is going to be the small cell deployment and optimization.

Lambeau is getting another sector added for the DAS system before the big send off for Farve's jersey and Miller I wanna say they're leaving alone for this year. I believe they said they'll be installing something in the next year or so to make data more useable inside but it didn't seem like it would be anytime in the near future so I didn't pay too much attention.

Milwaukee proper will be covered in small cells as well as Racine and Madison. There will be others spread out across the state but nothing nearly as dense as those couple cities.

• Like 1

I am having an issue where I will close an app, then later open it again and see it at the bottom of the double click home button screen to close an app.  Any ideas?  I will try to catch a screen shot of it the next time it happens.

I am having an issue where I will close an app, then later open it again and see it at the bottom of the double click home button screen to close an app. Any ideas? I will try to catch a screen shot of it the next time it happens.

Errrrr what

Sent from my iPhone 6s using moderately better tapatalk

The one thing I have been noticing is my predictive text keeps turning off on me randomly. Seems to be more so when I go from emoji to the normal keyboard again but it does it other times too. Have to go back in and turn it back on again. Not the worst but what the hell Apple. lol.

Maybe. I had a meeting the other week where we talked with the network engineers about what's going on in Milwaukee. All that's really left is going to be the small cell deployment and optimization.

Lambeau is getting another sector added for the DAS system before the big send off for Farve's jersey and Miller I wanna say they're leaving alone for this year. I believe they said they'll be installing something in the next year or so to make data more useable inside but it didn't seem like it would be anytime in the near future so I didn't pay too much attention.

Milwaukee proper will be covered in small cells as well as Racine and Madison. There will be others spread out across the state but nothing nearly as dense as those couple cities.

I look forward to that, miller park could use band 41 on the DAS for sure, capacity is an issue as currently deployed.

I look forward to that, miller park could use band 41 on the DAS for sure, capacity is an issue as currently deployed.

Their only comment on Miller was data was usable in the parking lots for tail gating. Lol. Other than that no comment. I haven't been to a game in some time so I can't comment on what I've experienced or how it's been lately for myself.

I was there a few times this year. I had no problems with calls texts or the data. Wasn't doing too much but it was vastly improved over the year before where you couldn't even send text messages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their only comment on Miller was data was usable in the parking lots for tail gating. Lol. Other than that no comment. I haven't been to a game in some time so I can't comment on what I've experienced or how it's been lately for myself.

the parking lot is great! A tower is located with in sight of the lot with one sector pointed at the north lot, and the other pointed at the east lot. This tower is a full build with 2 band 41 carriers, had hd you tube without hesitation in a full lot. The DAS however drown out that band 41 and the band 25/26 DAS quickly becomes overloaded for most antennas servicing the seats.

I was there a few times this year. I had no problems with calls texts or the data. Wasn't doing too much but it was vastly improved over the year before where you couldn't even send text messages

agreed huge improvement but as always room for more improvement, they are leaps and bounds better than 2 years ago for sure!

the parking lot is great! A tower is located with in sight of the lot with one sector pointed at the north lot, and the other pointed at the east lot. This tower is a full build with 2 band 41 carriers, had hd you tube without hesitation in a full lot. The DAS however drown out that band 41 and the band 25/26 DAS quickly becomes overloaded for most antennas servicing the seats.

Miller Parks doesn't have wifi?

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 1

Miller Parks doesn't have wifi?

Sent from my iPhone 6s

it does unfortunately it was mostly unusable in the stands (our phones would not connect). In the concourse DAS and wifi are fine but in the stands no. I think the mlb at bat app was the culprit it provides video replays of the game in progress, I saw a lot of phones streaming video highlights of the game... Not really the point of going to a game, then watching most of it on your phone but it's the world we live in. Att and Verizon worked fine in the stands, t mobile was hit and miss, as was sprint. All carriers and wifi did well in the concourse. I was in a large group diverse with all carriers! Lol adding 2 band 41 carriers to the DAS will fix all the problems.

Anybody having issues with the time on their phone being wrong when in Automatic mode.  When I turn it off it is correct, but if I turn the set automatically back on it moves forward an hour.  Could it be a network issue, maybe a tower that did not get updated for DST ending?  iPhone 6S running 9.1

• Like 1

Anybody having issues with the time on their phone being wrong when in Automatic mode.  When I turn it off it is correct, but if I turn the set automatically back on it moves forward an hour.  Could it be a network issue, maybe a tower that did not get updated for DST ending?  iPhone 6S running 9.1

I am having the issue when I take the elevator downstairs.  When I get off the elevator, I have a 3G signal and the clock is showing Daylight Savings Time, not Standard.  I toggle the airplane mode, pick up an LTE signal and it reverts back to standard. 

Anybody having issues with the time on their phone being wrong when in Automatic mode.

Hi BigRed,

Same issue here. I've set the timezone to manual for the present.

Have fun,

John

We had the time issue here in Milwaukee just for the day that the time switched over though. I didn't notice until a customer came in and told us about it. It's gone now. I'd check when you leave the area that you first noticed and see if it is a tower thing.

Didn't see it on any other phones so maybe it's an Apple thing.

I can't wait for Apple to fix the no service issue on iPhones. Been seeing too many of those lately and the only way to fix it is to replace the device.

• Like 1

Yes on 9.1 w/ an iPhone 6. I restarted my phone yesterday afternoon and haven't had the issue come back yet... We'll see if that actually fixed the issue or not as I go throughout the day today.

I can't wait for Apple to fix the no service issue on iPhones. Been seeing too many of those lately and the only way to fix it is to replace the device.

What no service issue are you talking about? And which devices are being affected?

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

A lot of 5c and any of the 6 series. Just randomly come in and will say no sim or no service. New SIM cards and restoring doesn't fix the issue. Replacing the device is the only way to resolve the issue.

Wow, weird.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Finally got me an iPhone 6s Plus. Yay me!

Anyway I've been seeing posts here about how the field test screen on the 6s models are not showing the correct information. Today at work I went to the field test screen a couple of times while on 3G and for the SID of 4148 it normally shows 1900 PCS for the band class but on the new phone the field test app showed it as being 800 SMR.

Has anyone else experienced this?

d805d593dd505af03cf37a7396b9f916.jpg