iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

I think the respective subreddits for these phones are pretty informative.

for the 6s I would try https://www.reddit.com/r/apple or https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone

For the Motox https://www.reddit.com/r/motox or https://www.reddit.com/r/android

For the 6P https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6p or https://www.reddit.com/r/android

I find them to be decent areas to get battery impressions and or see complaints or common questions that come up. My wife went with a 6s and I am going with a 6P. The comparison between the two (6s and 6P) is easier since they don't have real differentiation like the Moto X does with Moto Maker/SD Storage. Although there is still quite a price difference between the 6s and 6P..

Hi Cletus,

Thanks for the info on the subreddits, for some reason I always forget about Reddit!

At the moment I'm tending towards the 6P, although the size is holding me back. I've pretty much decided against the Moto X because I'm not sure where Lenovo will go in regards to regular updates. And I won't get the 6s+ - I've held it and the size just work for me.

The size is a factor for the 6P, yet because it's pure Android with rapid updates I'm willing to perhaps forgive that. So I think that leaves me with the 6s 128GB as the only other choice  :frantic:

I've seen lots of 6P reviews since yesterday, but none that mention radio performance. So, if I don't get entirely frustrated with the M8 before I see 6P radio numbers, I may be able to hold on a few more days!

Have fun,

John

Hi Cletus,

Thanks for the info on the subreddits, for some reason I always forget about Reddit!

At the moment I'm tending towards the 6P, although the size is holding me back. I've pretty much decided against the Moto X because I'm not sure where Lenovo will go in regards to regular updates. And I won't get the 6s+ - I've held it and the size just work for me.

The size is a factor for the 6P, yet because it's pure Android with rapid updates I'm willing to perhaps forgive that. So I think that leaves me with the 6s 128GB as the only other choice  :frantic:

I've seen lots of 6P reviews since yesterday, but none that mention radio performance. So, if I don't get entirely frustrated with the M8 before I see 6P radio numbers, I may be able to hold on a few more days!

Have fun,

John

As an aside, my wife's 6s is a seriously impressive device in terms of RF. It picks up all Sprint bands better than my current Nexus 5 and seems to hold b41 for longer. Her standby time is flat out incredible. Like .5-1% an hour battery drain. She forgot to charge her phone on Sunday and made it home from work on Monday with 22% left. 

I personally don't care for iOS from a user standpoint but her phone is almost shockingly good. I just hope my 6P will be nearly as good.

As far as RF performance, see http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-399-updated-how-p-for-powerful-is-the-nexus-6p-rf/ and in the comments there is a m8 vs 6P rf comparison to give you an idea where you might expect to end up. 

As far as RF performance, see http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-399-updated-how-p-for-powerful-is-the-nexus-6p-rf/ and in the comments there is a m8 vs 6P rf comparison to give you an idea where you might expect to end up. 

Yeah, that's the comment that's been holding me back. 25 vs 22 on Band 25. San Diego is all about Band 25 at the present time. B41 is rolling out, at maybe 30% ~ish. B26 is non-existent due to IBEZ and San Bernadino public safety. According to AJ, the M8 has a reputation for dropping off LTE and hanging on to eHRPD for too long.

My personal experience mirrors this, although I notice it seems to happen mostly when I drop off B41 while driving. The M8 then stays stuck on 3G, even if I there's B25 or B41 available. I have use SCPro to reset the radios and then I'm fine. I'm really hoping that Huawei will do a much better job with the radio handoffs.

Like I said in my comments on the Moto X 2015 thread, the absolute best radios I've ever had were in my Moto Photon 4g, iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s.

Thanks though for telling me how your wife's 6s radio is working. That's encouraging. Are wifi and bluetooth pretty solid?

Have a great day,

John

Yeah, that's the comment that's been holding me back. 25 vs 22 on Band 25. San Diego is all about Band 25 at the present time. B41 is rolling out, at maybe 30% ~ish. B26 is non-existent due to IBEZ and San Bernadino public safety. According to AJ, the M8 has a reputation for dropping off LTE and hanging on to eHRPD for too long.

My personal experience mirrors this, although I notice it seems to happen mostly when I drop off B41 while driving. The M8 then stays stuck on 3G, even if I there's B25 or B41 available. I have use SCPro to reset the radios and then I'm fine. I'm really hoping that Huawei will do a much better job with the radio handoffs.

Like I said in my comments on the Moto X 2015 thread, the absolute best radios I've ever had were in my My Moto Photon 4g, iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s.

Thanks though for telling me how your wife's 6s radio is working. That's encouraging. Are wifi and bluetooth pretty solid?

Have a great day,

John

Wifi speeds are better than my N5 and seems to hold 802.11AC really well and her bluetooth is bluetooth. Not sure how to quantify bluetooth other than it works.

• Like 1

Wifi speeds are better than my N5 and seems to hold 802.11AC really well and her bluetooth is bluetooth. Not sure how to quantify bluetooth other than it works.

Usually I worry if it pairs well in the car - phone calls, music, etc. I think all Bluetooth from at least 4.1 forward support HD audio for phone calls, so my headset sounds good on conference calls.

My M8 is all-around solid in that department - headset, car, music. My previous phone, a Galaxy Nexus, was an awful bluetooth performer.

I visited Carlsbad a few days ago.  I will agree with jsage,  it is spotty. I would get b25 in spots, 3g in others and b41 in a few areas.  Even when I did get an LTE band, it was slow most of the time.  I did bet 13 down and 2 up at Carlsbad Village last Saturday.

I will say that the car traffic on the 5 is nuts regardless of day or time.  Speed Limits...  We don't need any Stinkin' Speed Limits...

What.. is.. this... I... see...

A positive review of 2 Sprint devices including a link to S4GRU by Sascha Segan of PC Mag? O M G

Have I died? Is the end of the world near? Did Robert stop eating chicken? Someone pinch me.

iPhone 6s review and and 6s Plus review.

TS out 

• Like 7

What.. is.. this... I... see...

A positive review of 2 Sprint devices including a link to S4GRU by Sascha Segan of PC Mag? O M G

Have I died? Is the end of the world near? Did Robert stop eating chicken? Someone pinch me.

iPhone 6s review and and 6s Plus review.

TS out

He even mentioned S4GRU! Talk about a shock factor!

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

iOS 9.1 is out today. Anyone downloaded yet? Does it fix field test?

I'm currently installing it right now. I have been on all of the betas for it, and no changes were made to field test during that time, so I doubt that this version has fixed field test. At this point, field test is a forgotten part of the software in Apple's eyes.

-Anthony

Since when do they not allow updates over LTE under 100 meg? I'm coming from 9.1 beta 5, update is 30 or so meg and it's telling me I need to be on wifi.

You can only do APP updates over cellular. We have never been allowed to do OS updates over cellular.

-Anthony

Since when do they not allow updates over LTE under 100 meg? I'm coming from 9.1 beta 5, update is 30 or so meg and it's telling me I need to be on wifi.

Apps/App updates >100mb must be on wifi. And OS updates have to be on wifi, too. No cellular OS updates allowed.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

Apps/App updates >100mb must be on wifi. And OS updates have to be on wifi, too. No cellular OS updates allowed.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

And this was a big one, too - 2GB is a lot to download. Fortunately, I was able to use iTunes & my work's fiber line to pull the updates. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And this was a big one, too - 2GB is a lot to download. Fortunately, I was able to use iTunes & my work's fiber line to pull the updates. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of us that were on iOS 9.1 beta 5, it was only a ~30 MB update. :D

-Anthony

Does this update fix the HD voice elimination when WiFi calling is enabled? As that would be an oversight with this update!

I'm actually incredibly happy with the network performance of my 6s. It's by far, the best performing device I've ever used on Sprint, and I've used a bunch. I rarely see 3G anymore, even in the dense forest areas that I travel daily on my commute. It switches to, and hangs on to b26 like a champ. And when I drop signal too much, and "LTE" disappears, it returns after a brief second or two, whereas it used to just dump straight to 3G without a hesitation. I'm not sure if it's the carrier bundle, the radio, or iOS. Whatever it is, I'm happy, and I'm guessing others are, too, because it's been very quiet in this thread lately.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 3

a8b019ca9ec8f3c04baa2892e016d0b9.jpg

aedf8a74c594909d45df662b24e96e8b.jpg

1x Field Test screen is still bad. Band Class is still dead and the channel # is too as well as the RxAGC0. One of these days they'll fix it, I hope.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk