Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

This phone can be so weird sometimes, the last few weeks have been terrible for battery life I was to the point of doing a clean install but all of the sudden it's great again wth lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I was going to ask if anyone noticed bettery improvement. Nevermind!

• Like 1

I wonder what the chance is that Samsung will give the Note 5 all the software features that were in the Note 7? Like always on display, blue light filter, secure folder, etc. I think it would be great for them to do it, since the 7 was canceled. Has anyone come across any articles that say it may or will happen?

• Like 2

I wonder what the chance is that Samsung will give the Note 5 all the software features that were in the Note 7? Like always on display, blue light filter, secure folder, etc. I think it would be great for them to do it, since the 7 was canceled. Has anyone come across any articles that say it may or will happen?

Would love for that to happen.

Anyone have a issue when typing after you use the sym button for the $ sign then try to type 3 it puts another $ sign. Same thing with a .(period) and 8. It randomly happens and have cleared cache and reset keyboard settings to no avail. Thanks.

Sent from a under water dust storm on my Galaxy S7 on Verizon.

We reset the phone and somewhat fixed the issue but he's gonna trade up to a s7e, he knows how to factory reset it but he said there is a code you type into the dialer that resets it again? Or something like that. Thanks guys.

Sent from a under water dust storm on my Galaxy S7 on Verizon.

Just installed, was hoping for more than security patches, I want Note 7 software lol.

I don't think we'll get any of that unfortunately.

Maybe you guys already know this, but I didn't and stumbled upon this recently, no idea when it was added or if it was already always there.  

Did you know you can put 30 different photos on your lock screen and it'll cycle through them like a screen saver every time you unlock your phone?  

It's different than the Google's daydream feature, I think, but a different implementation of it?  Anyways, it's made my Note5 feel new to me, funny how a little thing can do that. 

• Like 2

Anyone having weird battery issues? Just got to work didn't use it on the way in so I was at 100%. Figured I would do a quick cache wipe and went through the whole process. Phone booted up to 80% battery like wtf there is no way for that to be possible.

Anyone having weird battery issues? Just got to work didn't use it on the way in so I was at 100%. Figured I would do a quick cache wipe and went through the whole process. Phone booted up to 80% battery like wtf there is no way for that to be possible.

Yep! Past days I've been having that quick drain again we've discussed on here. I was on mine this morning browsing, and reading some NFL news on way to work on the train for about 15 min, and was down to 83% after a full charge. Did some more news browsing during lunch for about 20 min, and by the time I got home after work, I was down to 15%. What's going on?

Google play services is a big drain for me, but it still doesn't explain that sudden 20% drop in 3 minutes time.

Play Services 10.0.84 (440-137749526) update (on apkmirror here) is doing a lot better on my phone, plus they've got some enhancements for chromecasting in there as well. 

• Like 1