Switch to Sprint or no?

Jaramie3

Ok, I just tried to post my sensorly data, I think I used the paper clip icon for attachment but it only.let's me post do far, maybe a brand new galaxy 6 would let me post further idk, I'm still learning as I go along,

I'll photobucket my sensory data again.in a while if I can figure out why this phone won't let me direct post to any thread, even from a photobucket image that I shared to the thread.......

The device you are using will not make a difference. It is a limit on our site. Use the button below to upload to Tapatalk.

This button

216a1400e690d0d3ae2a4e8a5654d595.jpg

Sent from my LG G4

Properly tuned B26 can add 5 to 10 dB to your signal, so what you currently have as a -106dBm signal (which really isn't all that bad, most devices now would show that as 2 bars) could become as high as -95dBm (3-4 bars depending on device) under ideal conditions. You will probably be out of luck as far as B41 goes, since it is a higher frequency and generally fades a bit quicker, but you never know. We have been finding some sites that provide better B41 coverage than they did B25.

Also, based on the -74dBm RSSI 1x800 signal, that would also lead me to believe that you could see a -95dBm RSRP Band 26 signal. 

• Like 2

Properly tuned B26 can add 5 to 10 dB to your signal, so what you currently have as a -106dBm signal (which really isn't all that bad, most devices now would show that as 2 bars) could become as high as -95dBm (3-4 bars depending on device) under ideal conditions. You will probably be out of luck as far as B41 goes, since it is a higher frequency and generally fades a bit quicker, but you never know. We have been finding some sites that provide better B41 coverage than they did B25.

Also, based on the -74dBm RSSI 1x800 signal, that would also lead me to believe that you could see a -95dBm RSRP Band 26 signal.

Thanks, these are the readings at the house, now if I go up the street 3/4 mile, my UL and DL speeds literally will double if not triple but I get the idea.....I do.like sprint, and my family has updated to another 2 years but we are grandfathered in on unlimited data and would hate to lose it by upgrading to all New phones.....already paying around $275.00 /mo for 4 phones with insurance .......

Wonder if I upgraded or if all 4 phones on sprint upgraded, which we are eligible for, would I.lose the grandfathered in unlimited data

Thanks, these are the readings at the house, now if I go up the street 3/4 mile, my UL and DL speeds literally will double if not triple but I get the idea.....I do.like sprint, and my family has updated to another 2 years but we are grandfathered in on unlimited data and would hate to lose it by upgrading to all New phones.....already paying around $275.00 /mo for 4 phones with insurance .......

Wonder if I upgraded or if all 4 phones on sprint upgraded, which we are eligible for, would I.lose the grandfathered in unlimited data

You will not be forced to change plans. Any plan you have you will be able to keep, unlimited is not going anywhere for now. Not sure why you say grandfathered in, because unlimited is very much alive and well.

Sent from my LG G4

• Like 1

You will not be forced to change plans. Any plan you have you will be able to keep, unlimited is not going anywhere for now. Not sure why you say grandfathered in, because unlimited is very much alive and well.

Sent from my LG G4

I just thought if we changed to all New phones, that our previous unlimited would be lost, I heard with other carriers after you switch , you lose your unlimited, Verizon , that's why we left, but not just because of losing unlimited, they dropped the the free upgrade years ago as soon as they started carrying the I phone, how convenient right......

So our family has been with sprint for the past 4+ years

I just thought if we changed to all New phones, that our previous unlimited would be lost, I heard with other carriers after you switch , you lose your unlimited, Verizon , that's why we left, but not just because of losing unlimited, they dropped the the free upgrade years ago as soon as they started carrying the I phone, how convenient right......

No reason for you to lose it considering unlimited plans are still available. There are even plans with phone subsides available, although those will likely be gone soon in favor of easy pay/leasing.

I assume you are on an Everything Data plan? It's perfectly safe to upgrade devices on that plan. No threat of losing unlimited.

You said you just signed up for 2 more years? How did you do that but not upgrade devices? Unless I am misunderstand that.

Sent from my LG G4

And Verizon doesn't offer unlimited data, that's why we are loyal to sprint so far, just scary times, and I love unlimited, would hate to have to check data usage every time I upload HD vids or stream a few hours of music and have to check all 4 phones to make sure our monthly data isn't over, that's why I'm sticking with sprint