Hello Everyone

darnell89

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, looking to make new cyber friends, and looking for answer about Sprint's service and updates on 3G, 4G, and Wimax.

Been waiting patiently for Sprint to get it together, and fix all the issues they have been having.....I been quite the sport! I just hope they fix the data speeds all over the country, before they lose even more people over it!

Why have unlimited data, when you can barely use it......smh.....Unlimited is very useless in my area, and it sucks!

Thanks for your time!

Enjoy. Keep it intelligent. Keep it positive.

Ditto. In fact, here is the S4GRU Mission Statement, "To provide a forum for discussion and education about wireless spectrum, networks, and Sprint Network Vision, in particular, in an online community that is mature, intelligent, and free from uncritical negativity."

:welc:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By danlodish345
      Even though Sprint doesn't have the best coverage in my area. I do have lots of memories and nostalgia with the company. I wonder who else here will miss Sprint besides me?
    • By vanko987
      I'm new to this forum, and I've seen people mention cell sites with specific ID's (for example, SF33XC664). Is there any significance to these ID's, and is there a way to decode them? Also, how do I figure out what the cell site ID's are for towers near me?
      Thanks! I'm excited to start talking on this site more 😀
    • By lilotimz
      Samsung Network Vision equipment are highly distinct and fairly easy to spot compared to the equipment that other vendors are deploying. Sprint is Samsung's first extremely massive American contract (baring Clearwire) so there  should be no issues in confusing these equipment for another carrier which happens often with Ericsson NV equipment.

Below are images of Samsung equipment which includes antennas, remote radio units, base stations, and their mounting configurations. 

Samsung antenna with eSMR 800 RRU & PCS 1900 RRU

A close look at a Samsung setup

Next Generation Samsung Configuration
      RRH-P4 4T4R 1.9 GHz  | RRH-C4 4T4R 800 MHz| RRH-V3 2.5 GHz

Next Generation 8 Port Dual Band Antenna Setup 
      4 port 800 MHz RRH-C4 800

(source: dkyeager)

(source: dkyeager)
      Narrow beam setup

High Capacity Site with 2 Antennas & 3 RRUs (2x PCS & 1x SMR).
      Second antenna is PCS only for now.

Canadian IBEZ (NO SMR)

Special Case PCS Only Setup for Canadian IBEZ

Close up of standard antenna connectors 

Samsung Cabinets

Powerpoint slides from Samsung / Sprint
      *disclaimer - all  powerpoint diagrams and images were found through public municipality online databases and is by no means misappropriated through malicious means*
      *Credit goes to those whom took pictures of these equipment. You know who you are*
    • By kckid
      Sprint announced at MWC trade show in Barcelona that 5G will go live with 4 cities starting in May  (Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas and Kansas City )
      https://phys.org/news/2019-02-sprint-5g-network-chicago-atlanta.html

• Initially T-Mobile was simply slapping n41 panels onto existing sites which meant that NR+LTE aggregation aggregated all available LTE bands with NR. Now, T-Mobile seems to be replacing 600/700MHz antennas every time they add n41 and as a result, the city is getting covered in split eNB IDs. On a local (legacy) 600MHz site by my home, when I connect to n71 it's n71 + Band 2 + Band 66 + Band 71 or Band 12 for a combined total of 50MHz of spectrum. However on my home site, because of the split eNB, when I force my phone to connect to n71 it only aggregates n71 + Band 2 + Band 66 for a total of 45MHz of spectrum. It seems weird that T-Mobile is allowing this to happen instead of fixing it so that they can squeeze as much performance out of their network as possible. 5MHz of LTE is not much but it's still an extra ~37Mbps of speed and capacity that could be provided in NSA mode. Interestingly this problem is not something I experience in LTE-only mode much anymore. My phone seems to have no issue aggregating LTE bands across the split most of the time.   Another thing that has been bothering me is that according to the FCC dashboard T-Mobile has 400MHz of spectrum in the 39GHz band here in NYC that they won in December of 2019 but they haven't done any upgrades to actually use that spectrum here. Instead they've been relying on the two 50MHz blocks aggregated together in the 28GHz band which performs worse than n41 on average.
    • Betting VZW trades that B12 to TMo for B66 eventually.
    • Confirmed that AT&T is running dedicated n5 here, at 10 MHz, by process of elimination. LTE is 10x10, and H+ is 5x5. They might be running DSS or n2 or n66 but I kinda doubt it. Guessing they aren't running H+ on every site anymore either; signal appeared a good bit weaker than the B5 LTE signal when I band selected to it. Also, B14 is pretty obviously not on every site here; signal levels at my place are comparable to B2 and, well, 700 should be a lot better than that. Explains why I wasn't seeing B14 aggregated normally. Though apparently they have 25 MHz of B66...one 15 MHz carrier, one 10 MHz.
    • I DM”d him on the 16th, no reply yet. Guessing he’s just too busy lately.