Sprint to end 2 Year Contracts

JimBob

Gotta love subsidized upgrades. I'll be Clark Griswold this year for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.  Glad to see that Sprint still gives customers a choice on subsidy no matter what an individuals opinion is on subsidy vs. pay in full (no subsidy) vs. lease.  I say people should be able to buy what they feel fits their situation.

• Like 2

e181a79c182c1d1bb5d7f0abe5fd6d3a.jpg

Gotta love subsidized upgrades. I'll be Clark Griswold this year for Christmas.

AJ will take that picture and throw at least 4 darts at it :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Best Buy seems to have added some more upgrade promos.  Can basically get either a Galaxy S6, LG G4 or iPhone 6S for free with 2yr upgrade or a Note 5 for $50.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/phones-communication-promotions/mobile-phone-cell-phone-sale/pcmcat125500050005.c?id=pcmcat125500050005&type=category&id=pcmcat125500050005

• Like 1

Those who rip on SERO users, while we do have a great deal, we don't have access to the crazy promos that Best Buy, others offer. At least Sprint isn't giving out commissions on those lines.

I really don't mind SERO. I just don't think Sprint can afford to give the SERO users subsidy any more. Time to go to device payment or leases.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just upgraded with a 2 year contract at best buy two of my lines. $1 for a GS6 and $1 for a G4.... Legacy plan fully unlimited. No new plan comes close to the pricing or data! Love it and Sprint will continue honoring 2 year contracts for loyal customers.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Edited by ttwiitch
  • Like 4

I just upgraded with a 2 year contract at best buy two of my lines. $1 for a GS6 and $1 for a G4.... Legacy plan fully unlimited. No new plan comes close to the pricing or data! Love it and Sprint will continue honoring 2 year contracts for loyal customers.

I wish everyone else was as appreciative as you. Some people complain their bill is so high but don't understand how much it'd be if they left Sprint and came back to a new plan with the same allowances. We're talking a minimum of an extra $20+/month per line. As long as Sprint doesn't have me change plans or give me a price increase, I'll stick with them for awhile. Unlimited everything with subsidy is truly a blessing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 5

I wish everyone else was as appreciative as you. Some people complain their bill is so high but don't understand how much it'd be if they left Sprint and came back to a new plan with the same allowances. We're talking a minimum of an extra $20+/month per line. As long as Sprint doesn't have me change plans or give me a price increase, I'll stick with them for awhile. Unlimited everything with subsidy is truly a blessing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Thanks... And heckkk yes.

Sero customers get a $15 bill credit if you lease or use easy pay, so its about a wash vs. subsidy.

So Sprint is pushing me to "early upgrade" into a lease / easy pay. If I did this would my 1 yr contract go away, and how does one go about getting this bill credit? On sero of course. The email does not mention a credit and is unclear about my remaining contract. 

So Sprint is pushing me to "early upgrade" into a lease / easy pay. If I did this would my 1 yr contract go away, and how does one go about getting this bill credit? On sero of course. The email does not mention a credit and is unclear about my remaining contract.

Yes, your contract will go away. You are essentially tied to your phone with a lease contract now, but it lets you upgrade a year early. As far as the $15 bill credit, see the following link. Every month when my month will renew, I have -$15 bill due until my actual bill gets finalized, then it's 143 something after taxes for 2 Sero lines, 1 leasing (64 gb 6s) and 1 still on subsidy. We actually only pay $4.73 I think extra a month to lease my wife's phone.

Hope this helps.

https://www.sprint.com/webconversionform/Separating_EPP_Plan_SERO_Everything_Plus.pdf

• Like 1

Yes, your contract will go away. You are essentially tied to your phone with a lease contract now, but it lets you upgrade a year early. As far as the $15 bill credit, see the following link. Every month when my month will renew, I have -$15 bill due until my actual bill gets finalized, then it's 143 something after taxes for 2 Sero lines, 1 leasing (64 gb 6s) and 1 still on subsidy. We actually only pay $4.73 I think extra a month to lease my wife's phone.

Hope this helps.

https://www.sprint.com/webconversionform/Separating_EPP_Plan_SERO_Everything_Plus.pdf

That PDF doesn't show sero 500 but looks interesting... Really phone prices are dropping so fast now buying outright is not a big deal if you can wait a couple months after release.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. If you really need a phone right now, I would look at all the sales going on right now around the holidays. many Galaxy S5s and Nexus 5 (2013) have gone for as low as 149.99 on some retail sites. (Manufacturer reconditioned, but still good if you just need a phone to wait out your renewal period)

Just remember that once you go with a lease or easy pay through Sprint, you CANNOT go back to subsidy. That monthly bill credit is only temporary and once it runs out you'll be stuck buying phones at full price or renting them. If Sprint will still honor your SERO contract, then use it. I don't get the hate for SERO contracts on this board. It seems at times users here have a bigger problem with SERO than Sprint does. If it's a big bleed for Sprint as many make it out to be, then Sprint will end them. Until then, all SERO users should continue to enjoy their cheaply priced contracts with subsidies and continue to renew until Sprint says no more. Companies are out to get the most $ out of their products/services, so why shouldn't consumers do vice versa?

• Like 1

Just remember that once you go with a lease or easy pay through Sprint, you CANNOT go back to subsidy. That monthly bill credit is only temporary and once it runs out you'll be stuck buying phones at full price or renting them.

Wait, are you serious? My brother needed a phone upgrade bad earlier this year and he had an early upgrade via the leasing deal. It's a real shame Sprint did not mention that he wouldn't get my subsidy back, but rather said the opposite "you'll be able to upgrade again with a contract after the lease agreement is fulfilled."

We're on ED1500.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Wait, are you serious? My brother needed a phone upgrade bad earlier this year and he had an early upgrade via the leasing deal. It's a real shame Sprint did not mention that he wouldn't get my subsidy back, but rather said the opposite "you'll be able to upgrade again with a contract after the lease agreement is fulfilled."

We're on ED1500.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I do not think that's accurate.

I have a leased phone on a line that is now eligible for a 2 year upgrade. Says so on Sprints site.

• Like 1

Personally, I wouldn't do it. If you really need a phone right now, I would look at all the sales going on right now around the holidays. many Galaxy S5s and Nexus 5 (2013) have gone for as low as 149.99 on some retail sites. (Manufacturer reconditioned, but still good if you just need a phone to wait out your renewal period)

Just remember that once you go with a lease or easy pay through Sprint, you CANNOT go back to subsidy. That monthly bill credit is only temporary and once it runs out you'll be stuck buying phones at full price or renting them. If Sprint will still honor your SERO contract, then use it. I don't get the hate for SERO contracts on this board. It seems at times users here have a bigger problem with SERO than Sprint does. If it's a big bleed for Sprint as many make it out to be, then Sprint will end them. Until then, all SERO users should continue to enjoy their cheaply priced contracts with subsidies and continue to renew until Sprint says no more. Companies are out to get the most $ out of their products/services, so why shouldn't consumers do vice versa?

In regards not being able to go back to subsidy once the lease or easy pay option if selected is inaccurate and erroneous information.

Subsidy, EasyPay and lease are nothing more than financial programs not part of the plan the customer is on. This entails the programs have a similar contractual agreement across the line which is once you've met the financial commitment then you're released from that. That also entails that your options of subsidy, EasyPay and lease will continue to be available as a financial program as to which to upgrade future devices.

Unless this has changed and there is a link to Sprint website quoting this then it stands.

• Like 1

I don't get the hate for SERO contracts on this board. It seems at times users here have a bigger problem with SERO than Sprint does. If it's a big bleed for Sprint as many make it out to be, then Sprint will end them. Until then, all SERO users should continue to enjoy their cheaply priced contracts with subsidies and continue to renew until Sprint says no more. Companies are out to get the most $ out of their products/services, so why shouldn't consumers do vice versa?

We don't hate SERO. We hate when SERO customers have the audacity to complain to us.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I do not think that's accurate.

I have a leased phone on a line that is now eligible for a 2 year upgrade. Says so on Sprints site.

From what I've been told by Sprint reps over the phone, once you lease a phone there is no way to go back to subsidized phones unless you sign up for the current rates available to the public (which would mean losing SERO or ED 1500 prices). I have asked twice, not because I am curious, but because the last 2 times I called for billing/service issues, I have been offered to end my current contract early in order to get a leased phone.

You may want to double check, because I know my account also says I'm eligible for an upgrade even though I just renewed my lines 6 months ago through 2 year agreement. Once I click on the notification, the only options to come up are easy pay or lease, with 2-year agreement pricing being greyed out.

Just going by what Sprint has told me twice.

From what I've been told by Sprint reps over the phone, once you lease a phone there is no way to go back to subsidized phones unless you sign up for the current rates available to the public (which would mean losing SERO or ED 1500 prices). I have asked twice, not because I am curious, but because the last 2 times I called for billing/service issues, I have been offered to end my current contract early in order to get a leased phone.

You may want to double check, because I know my account also says I'm eligible for an upgrade even though I just renewed my lines 6 months ago through 2 year agreement. Once I click on the notification, the only options to come up are easy pay or lease, with 2-year agreement pricing being greyed out.

Not greyed out for me!

You are eligible for lease pretty much anytime now. Especially with an ED plan.

I was also told that once you pay off the phone then you can get subsidized back.  I asked that point blank.  I had to get a new phone early for my son about  months back.