Sprint to end 2 Year Contracts

JimBob

My wife works for a hospital system that currently gives a 25% discount (up from 23% a year or two ago) so our lines are under her name.

That's fantastic!

Best Buy is also giving a $100 gift card for 2 yr contracts, lease, and easy pay. 2 yr contracts weren't valid until yesterday.

• Like 1

Best Buy is also giving a $100 gift card for 2 yr contracts, lease, and easy pay. 2 yr contracts weren't valid until yesterday.

I'm assuming this $100 can't be combined with the minimum $200 smartphone trade-in towards an iPhone 6s.  That would be crazy.

I'm assuming this $100 can't be combined with the minimum $200 smartphone trade-in towards an iPhone 6s.  That would be crazy.

The $100 BB GC is only valid on Samsung products.  So you dno't have to worry about that problem.

• Like 1

I took advantage of the Best Buy $200 gift card promo this evening.  Turned in my first smartphone, a shiny HTC Touch Pro 2, and walked out with a shiny iPhone 6S for only $18 out of pocket.  Hopefully this promo is still available in November when 3 of my other lines will be eligible for upgrade. 

• Like 1

Where are you seeing this?

Go to Best Buy's website, and you'll see special offers for select phones. Last week they offered $100 gift card on all Samsung phones leasing, easy pay, 2 yr contract, and buying full price. I went and got a Note 5. Looks like leasing only is being offered for Sprint right now for the gift card, and LGs are phone for the week.

Go to Best Buy's website, and you'll see special offers for select phones. Last week they offered $100 gift card on all Samsung phones leasing, easy pay, 2 yr contract, and buying full price. I went and got a Note 5. Looks like leasing only is being offered for Sprint right now for the gift card, and LGs are phone for the week.

I think this is it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/samsung-phones-145798?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

Guaranteed $100 Best Buy Gift Card

when you purchase and activate a select Samsung Galaxy smartphone with 2-year agreement, Sprint Lease* or monthly installment plan for Verizon Wireless, AT&T or Sprint.

Looks Like I could get the Galaxy S6 Edge for $150 AND get a $100 gift card?

That wouldnt be bad at all.

Did you do this in store or online? Im trying to figure out where the gift card shows up in the checkout process.

I think this is it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/samsung-phones-145798?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

Guaranteed $100 Best Buy Gift Card

when you purchase and activate a select Samsung Galaxy smartphone with 2-year agreement, Sprint Lease* or monthly installment plan for Verizon Wireless, AT&T or Sprint.

Yes that's it. I went into the store. Note 5 was $249, plus $100 gift card.

Looks Like I could get the Galaxy S6 Edge for $150 AND get a $100 gift card?

That wouldnt be bad at all.

Did you do this in store or online? Im trying to figure out where the gift card shows up in the checkout process.

Edited by S4GRU
Fixed quoting error

Hm. I dont really want the S6 because of all the stuff they took out, but at this point its clear there's nothing I DO want thats coming to Sprint this year, and the last thing I want to do is sit on an upgrade until next April.

If only the LG G4 was available in "not massive" size

I think Im going to jump on this deal. Essentially $50 for an S6 edge isnt bad - and its exactly why I value contract pricing so much. Leasing, easy pay etc doesnt touch this kind of value.

• Like 1

Leasing and easy pay isn't for everyone, including myself after trying to do it, looked more into it, and it has it's pros/cons . So I stuck with my 2yr contract as I've always had. That's what I got my Note 5 with.

• Like 4

Leasing and easy pay isn't for everyone, including myself after trying to do it, looked more into it, and it has it's pros/cons . So I stuck with my 2yr contract as I've always had. That's what I got my Note 5 with.

I went through Best Buy as well to do my upgrade on subsidy two year contract.

I upgraded to the Note 5 the month it first came out which was August and it was $249 on contract and received a $200 Best Buy gift card with a trade in smartphone. $50 plus tax out of pocket.

Best deal ever!

• Like 2

Also my local Sprint third party store offered me the LG G4 for lease with 0 down an 0 taxes + $100 mail in rebate I believe for $18 a month and with the loyalty Credit ( legacy customers ) I get an additional $15 monthly making it $3 a month.

• Like 3

Also my local Sprint third party store offered me the LG G4 for lease with 0 down an 0 taxes + $100 mail in rebate I believe for $18 a month and with the loyalty Credit ( legacy customers ) I get an additional $15 monthly making it $3 a month.

Its such an attractive phone I just wish they had a smaller option available.

Why does LG not want my money?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

is 2yr still set to end? I tweeted sprint and their ceo line got back to me seeing nothing of the sort.

Dude don't worry about it and certainly DO NOT tweet the CEO about it.  Why bring up the issue when nobody is talking about it.  If any news changes it will be fully disclosed well in advance of any changes (ex: single line unlimited data plan increasing from $60 to $70).  Even Verizon and AT&T made announcements well in advance of removing 2 year contracts.

Dude don't worry about it and certainly DO NOT tweet the CEO about it. Why bring up the issue when nobody is talking about it.

Agreed!

Leave well enough alone.

What would it have cost for an iPhone 6S Plus 64GB? I assume it would have been $200.

Yes, 64GB iPhone 6S Plus would be $200.  Basically they just give you a $200 Gift Card to use toward the purchase of the iPhone.

What is the trade in promo?  I upgraded 3 lines to S6 phones on Friday. 

It is for a $200 gift card when upgrading to iPhone 6S with 2-year agreement.  Effectively makes the 16GB iPhone 6S free.  Here is the link to the promo.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/sprint-iphone-trade-in-gift-card-offer/pcmcat748300624202.c?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0&id=pcmcat748300624202

• Like 1