Sprint Name Change Ideas (With Poll)

Arysyn

Sprint Name Poll  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think ought to happen with the Sprint company name?

• Keep the name Sprint
    • Rename to Softbank
    • Rename to Spark Wireless
    • Rename to Spark Mobile
    • Something else (Please indicate in a post too)

Not sure you mentioned it first, but a name change has to happen, personally I agree with the poster who mentioned Clear as a new name.

Personally I would go with simply Clear.

However other options could be...

Clear Mobile

Clear Wireless

or even a variation...

Clearly Wireless

Those variations of Clear are very good. I like the name, especially as it has history with Sprint. The name also was part of Sprint's old advertisement mottos, as I mentioned in an earlier post I made here. Clear would make a great universal brand name for a worldwide wireless division. Such examples as Clear Mobile, then small print, a Softbank company.

Plus, Softbank's light Silver/Plainum colors match well with the name Clear.

• Like 1

Part of the purpose of re-branding is to convey a new stronger image to the consumer. If Sprint and Softbank both agree that re-branding is needed how does using anything associated with the two help build this image.

- Sprint PCS became Sprint - a company that has struggled to deliver by many

- Nextel - How many people are still pissed about the purchase of Nextel and how many former customers are still pissed about the shutdown? Many point to this purchase as the reason Sprint has continued to struggle

- Clear - The provider Sprint backed for WiMax 4G that never took hold. Sprint & Softbank later purchase the company and once again send out network shutdown notices. I personally listened to my family for 45+ minutes about how upset they were that Sprint bought the company and that they are now shutting down the network. It took away a great home internet provider for my family.

- Softbank - The company that bought Sprint promising the turnaround of Sprint. Now the company has admitted that they had lost hope in the company and have talked about selling it off.

- Spark - The name for the tri-band network that many still complain Sprint has delivered on.

I recently started to think that something with a little more meaning might be needed. I was thinking something like Phoenix Wireless, the rebirth of the company from the ashes of the old. It has nothing to do with all the past companies that have merged into the one they are today. It also conveys a new since in the company and that they have returned a stronger company.

I really like your idea of Phoenix Wireless, based on the idea of a company returning back from greatness. It has a good meaning for Sprint with all they are doing as a company bringing their network into full status and everything great about it now from what it has been.

Only one potential problem I can see with the name, which unfortunately is a pretty big one. It very well may be that too many customers/potential customers will associate it with Phoenix, Arizona. Nothing against the city, but it can cause some business confusion, especially since Phoenix Arizona is a major city. Perhaps this would be different if it were a name of a small town.

• Like 1

Yea Clear uhhh no....to many people ticked about that mess, as described above....

Rather then a WHOLE change over, why not a tweak, finish up using your old paperwork etc. (instead of just wasting all that money) and also on a slight change, is more cost effective....  I have seen some name changes, and the shear amount of $$$ spent on throw away plus all new lettering and signage.....shhheeeeshhhh

This should be Sprint's new logo with the word Mobile or Wireless added at the end. What is wrong with using their parent companys name?

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

Why confuse anyone with a name that has the word bank in it?  

• Like 1

I thought of ClearLite Corporation , CrossLight Corporation and Lightspeed Corporation 

but like  

SparkLiTE Corporation  

numerous meanings..

(Spark Light Telecommunications) - retains the Spark and LTE, the i can also mean International (Japan, USA, etc)

TS out

• Like 2

Oh I forgot...We have a bunch od id*ots in the United States that can't tell the difference between a banana and a home phone nor a bank and a cell phone shop, company or whatever the heck you want to call it. I'm done. I mean dumb(founded)...

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

I thought of ClearLite Corporation , CrossLight Corporation and Lightspeed Corporation

but like

SparkLiTE Corporation

numerous meanings..

(Spark Light Telecommunications) - retains the Spark and LTE, the i can also mean International (Japan, USA, etc)

TS out

I like ClearLite, synonymous and synchronous. Sounds nice.
  • Like 3

Yea Clear uhhh no....to many people ticked about that mess, as described above....

Rather then a WHOLE change over, why not a tweak, finish up using your old paperwork etc. (instead of just wasting all that money) and also on a slight change, is more cost effective....  I have seen some name changes, and the shear amount of $$$ spent on throw away plus all new lettering and signage.....shhheeeeshhhh

Perhaps a Micro-Site in every new sign????

• Like 1

No, that would not enter the equation.  Too many of you are too sensitive about how you perceive Sprint and/or Clearwire failed you with WiMAX.  Yet, you are an incredibly small minority.  Public perception of Clear is and was nearly zero.  The negative goodwill that you think persists exists mostly in your own minds.

That said, this is not an endorsement for a rebrand to Clear.

AJ

• Like 2

Clear may not be possible to, uh, clear as a national cellular service name since the Spanish cognate "Claro" is used by a competitor in Puerto Rico. Certainly they'd object to Sprint using the "Clear" name in PR.

Claro que no.

AJ

• Like 3

Claro que no.

Lmao

Claure que no.

AJ

• Like 3

I had an idea while reading another thread here on S4GRU a moment ago. As Marcelo's former company bought by Masa was named Brightstar, I'm wondering if that could be the name which Sprint might be changed to, as they still could use the Spark symbol for that.

• Like 1

I get the feeling you won't be satified until someone suggests it be named Arysyn Communications.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

That would be awesome!

Seriously though, I'd love to be able to work in the industry and have asked some of the store employees I've had the better dealings with who've been very understanding of my situation and wireless needs which involve it to some degree.

When they asked a bit about my health, I've explained to them how it has been difficult in many ways, especially in ever having much of an opportunity to work. One place offered me the option of them asking some of the higher ups about it, if I were seriously considering a job working in the store. I may take him up on the offer next year, after getting some other important issues settled.

Anyways, if I ever did have an opportunity to actually rename Sprint, I'd put my personal choices aside and have some sort of poll among loyal Sprint customers and of course, S4GRU members as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I get the feeling you won't be satified until someone suggests it be named Arysyn Communications.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Too much like Aryan. No bueno.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Too much like Aryan. No bueno.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

A lot of people from different sites back when I use to spend several hours every day online, use to ask me often about my online name. Thankfully, people here on S4GRU haven't, as I got tired of explaining to people how it s a take on the word arisen. Pretty simple actually, and if it were used in a company name while I doubt the confusion with the word Aryan, mostly because of the letter "s" separating it with different meanings, it very well could be a problem for people taking the word for religious meanings though.
  • Like 1