jefbal99

Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

Nexus 6P 7.1.1

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What is your point of the screenshot...?

• Like 1

What is your point of the screenshot...?

Just showing 3rd carrier on B41 in SCP with no root.  Others were asking if anyone with 6P had picked it up and the screen shot the had been provided was with a different app and with root to get all the good logging info. 

• Like 3

Just showing 3rd carrier on B41 in SCP with no root.  Others were asking if anyone with 6P had picked it up and the screen shot the had been provided was with a different app and with root to get all the good logging info. 

Oh okay, for a minute I thought you were trying to show 3xCA which is NOT what that screenshot was showing.  Sorry for being so short in my request.

Third carrier has been shown for quite sometime.  Looking for confirmation of 2xCA without root

Third carrier has been shown for quite sometime. Looking for confirmation of 2xCA without root

Damn, owell, that, I do not have confirmation of. Sorry for the confusion.

January security patch posted.

Any thoughts on the two different OTAs for Nexus 6P?

Any thoughts on the two different OTAs for Nexus 6P?

The "I" firmware is the Jan. 1st security patch, while the "J" version is the Jan. 5th patch.  Go with the last one.  I have confirmed it working for Sprint at least...

• Like 1

I smashed by Nexus 6P screen yet again. Face down, on asphalt. Prominent piece of gravel on top of the asphalt hits screen upon contact. Smash.

I had the original screen three days, then smash it. Keep the phone on a shelf for a year. Replace the screen, and use it for 6 weeks and smash again.

I've never had this problem before. Every time I drop this thing, it goes face down. It was in a good case, but face down just ain't going to save this thing. Maybe it's the weighting? Nah, I just an idiot.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I smashed by Nexus 6P screen yet again. Face down, on asphalt. Prominent piece of gravel on top of the asphalt hits screen upon contact. Smash.

I had the original screen three days, then smash it. Keep the phone on a shelf for a year. Replace the screen, and use it for 6 weeks and smash again.

I've never had this problem before. Every time I drop this thing, it goes face down. It was in a good case, but face down just ain't going to save this thing. Maybe it's the weighting? Nah, I just an idiot.

Damn Rob :(

Well, if/when you repair it, again, I HIGHLY suggest and recommend good glass screen pro. I have used Intelliglass https://www.intelliarmor.com/shop-by-device/nexus-6p.html since day one (well, as soon as they were available) and while I haven't needed it to completely save my 6P, I have got a couple replaced by them after saving various devices from nasty drops. It would have (pretty positive) actually saved both your screens AND I can tell you the Intelliarmor product is top notch. I use the Max coverage (2 pack). 

I've dropped mine twice face down within two weeks of having it and it survived.  I was shocked and very impressed.

Sorry for your luck with the device, I put a glass screen protector and finally a live case on it.

Sounds like my luck with the LG G3. Never had dented a phone before... let alone shatter the screen. But within 4 months busted the screen on that thing 3 times. Hasn't happened since... some phones are cursed I think. 

• Like 1

Android 7.1.2 has been announced and is part of the beta program, but the Nexus 6P is not eligible yet.  Looks like Google is still working on something.  Hopefully its a fix for the random hand locks that I've been experiencing about every three days.

I'll check in when I get notified the OTA is available.

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/01/get-sneak-peek-at-android-nougat-712.html

• Like 1

Android 7.1.2 has been announced and is part of the beta program, but the Nexus 6P is not eligible yet. Looks like Google is still working on something. Hopefully its a fix for the random hand locks that I've been experiencing about every three days.

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/01/get-sneak-peek-at-android-nougat-712.html

I think the 6P images have been released?

Sent from my Pixel XL

Android 7.1.2 has been announced and is part of the beta program, but the Nexus 6P is not eligible yet.  Looks like Google is still working on something.  Hopefully its a fix for the random hand locks that I've been experiencing about every three days.

What are hand locks?

I really hope Google addresses the dismal Bluetooth performance.

I think the 6P images have been released?

Sent from my Pixel XL

Neither the 5X or 6P images are up on the site...

https://developer.android.com/preview/download-712.html

What are hand locks?

I really hope Google addresses the dismal Bluetooth performance.

Whoops, that would be HARD locks :)

5X factory image posted, still nothing on 6P

Anyone with a 5X on beta reporting Google Assistant being included in 7.1.2? Word is we'll get it but no confirmation on if it'll be official 7.1.2 or 7.2.0 version.

Disclaimer: I'm not hard up for Google Assistant, just wondering. ????????

Anyone with a 5X on beta reporting Google Assistant being included in 7.1.2? Word is we'll get it but no confirmation on if it'll be official 7.1.2 or 7.2.0 version.

Disclaimer: I'm not hard up for Google Assistant, just wondering.

I'm interested in the fingerprint gestures

They work real slick. My wife has 5X (and no, Assistant was in the 7.1.2 update but a bunch of other stuff was. It was a big file!) so I got play with that.

• Like 1

They work real slick. My wife has 5X (and no, Assistant was in the 7.1.2 update but a bunch of other stuff was. It was a big file!) so I got play with that.

Just updated last night and unless I'm blind or blatantly missing something, the 6p missed out on gestures...

Just updated last night and unless I'm blind or blatantly missing something, the 6p missed out on gestures...

Did you get the 7.1.1 monthly security update or the 7.1.2 beta update?

The gestures are in the 7.1.2 beta update (supposedly)

• Like 1

Did you get the 7.1.1 monthly security update or the 7.1.2 beta update?

The gestures are in the 7.1.2 beta update (supposedly)

Touche, I just did the Feb. security update.  All hope is not lost, :D.

• Like 1

As of today, 2/7/2017, the beta for the 6P has not been posted....