Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

I had, just looking for supporting comparative evidence to make my case. I am at the "Reception isn't covered under warranty unless you can prove the device is defective relative to other identical phones." step dealing with Huawei. You wouldn't believe the insane list of things they want me to do.

This is actually not all of it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/516gb0/exceedingly_bad_radio_performance_nexus_6p/d7ao5ku

Pretty ridiculous for something in service for less than a month.

I am unsure why a post, let alone a new thread was necessary. MrZorbatron seems already to have come to the supported conclusion that this particular unit is defective or damaged. Do not make a fuss about it -- just return or exchange the unit. If it cannot be returned or exchanged, caveat emptor.

AJ

I had, just looking for supporting comparative evidence to make my case. I am at the "Reception isn't covered under warranty unless you can prove the device is defective relative to other identical phones." step dealing with Huawei. You wouldn't believe the insane list of things they want me to do.

This is actually not all of it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/516gb0/exceedingly_bad_radio_performance_nexus_6p/d7ao5ku

Pretty ridiculous for something in service for less than a month.

A no greater than 5-10 minute read through this thread would have shown that others are not experiencing even remotely the same signal/reception issues.  As such, the separate threads here and at Reddit still seem unnecessary.

I am sorry for your trouble.  But the problem is between you and Huawei.  You seem determined to raise a stink in public.  Is that an effort to shame Huawei into covering the issue under warranty?  As long as you or someone else did not cause damage to the handset during the first 30 days that you are trying to pass off as a defect, then, agreed, Huawei should honor its warranty.  However, S4GRU is not party to this dispute, and just as S4GRU does not host Sprint complaints, I am not sure that we want to host Huawei complaints either.

AJ

A no greater than 5-10 minute read through this thread would have shown that others are not experiencing even remotely the same signal/reception issues.  As such, the separate threads here and at Reddit still seem unnecessary.

I am sorry for your trouble.  But the problem is between you and Huawei.  You seem determined to raise a stink in public.  Is that an effort to shame Huawei into covering the issue under warranty?  As long as you or someone else did not cause damage to the handset during the first 30 days that you are trying to pass off as a defect, then, agreed, Huawei should honor its warranty.  However, S4GRU is not party to this dispute, and just as S4GRU does not host Sprint complaints, I am not sure that we want to host Huawei complaints either.

AJ

Not looking to complain here, since I highly doubt Huawei reads this forum (or Reddit for that matter).  Raising a stink in public does no good in cases like this.  I am looking for, and have found, a few people to indicate that this phone should perform in a manner at least equivalent to the Nexus 6.  It gives me what I want as far as them indicating that they have no idea how it should perform compared to the other device, and perhaps I should contact other users to determine if my issues are actually atypical.

Having this device for just over a week and all my reviews are very positive except the lack of Miracast and QuickCharge 2.0.  Band switching is very fast, on par or faster than my Moto X Pure Edition.  This thing loves Band 26 and stays on it in many places that I would drop to to 3g or 1x.  Data sessions are much more stable, on the MXPE, many times I would have an icon for an LTE connection, but data would never actually flow.  The bump for the camera is much smaller than I expected and not an eye sore at all.  I love Android N and the Finger Print scanner for unlocking.  I can't wait for more apps to integrate finger print authentication.

• Like 1

Having this device for just over a week and all my reviews are very positive except the lack of Miracast and QuickCharge 2.0.  Band switching is very fast, on par or faster than my Moto X Pure Edition.  This thing loves Band 26 and stays on it in many places that I would drop to to 3g or 1x.  Data sessions are much more stable, on the MXPE, many times I would have an icon for an LTE connection, but data would never actually flow.  The bump for the camera is much smaller than I expected and not an eye sore at all.  I love Android N and the Finger Print scanner for unlocking.  I can't wait for more apps to integrate finger print authentication.

Why are you missing QC2? IIRC, USB-C charges faster than QC2 though it's been awhile since I measured charge voltage on my 6P, I was pretty concerned about it too when I first got it back when it first came out. 

Why are you missing QC2? IIRC, USB-C charges faster than QC2 though it's been awhile since I measured charge voltage on my 6P, I was pretty concerned about it too when I first got it back when it first came out. 

I agree, what is the loss of QC2?  USB-C rapid charging is just over an hour from nearly dead and way faster than my Nexus 6 charged.  Or at least it feels this way.

I'm with you on the fingerprint scanner.  Sooooo nice.  Wish Android apps would start leveraging it though.

Just based on observed charge times and watching the charging meter in Android OS.  I could get about a 90% charge on the MXPE in 45 mins, takes probably an hour and a half on the N6P with the included charger.  Also, looking at the expected charging line in Android, the MXPE line is a much steeper graph indicating a much faster increase in battery percentage.

• Like 1

Just based on observed charge times and watching the charging meter in Android OS.  I could get about a 90% charge on the MXPE in 45 mins, takes probably an hour and a half on the N6P with the included charger.  Also, looking at the expected charging line in Android, the MXPE line is a much steeper graph indicating a much faster increase in battery percentage.

I would stand to reason it is due to the smaller battery in the MXPE? 3000 mAh compared to 3450mAh.

I would stand to reason it is due to the smaller battery in the MXPE? 3000 mAh compared to 3450mAh.

Doing some Ampere comparisons, my MXPE typically charged in the 3100-3300mah with i think 3600mah as a max, on the N6P, I've seen a max of 3050mah and it is typically in the 1800-2300mah charging range.  Watching the phone charge right now its been stable at 1950mah which is the current max with a min of 1160mah.

• Like 1

Doing some Ampere comparisons, my MXPE typically charged in the 3100-3300mah with i think 3600mah as a max, on the N6P, I've seen a max of 3050mah and it is typically in the 1800-2300mah charging range.  Watching the phone charge right now its been stable at 1950mah which is the current max with a min of 1160mah.

The charge profile can be different from one QC device to another and your MXP does charge faster 0 - 100% but the battery size is probably the gap. I can't find the chart but there was a good one where it showed a charge mah graph and it was quit interesting to see how some where VERY steep and then fell off while others where steep but stayed very steady up to the last 10%. To do a better comparison, you'd want to do a side by side from the same battery level and charge for x number of minutes and see what battery level is. 

If you go here http://www.phonearena.com/news/Phones-with-quick-charge-the-fastest-charging-from-0-to-100-2016-edition_id81675 you can see comparisons of the top phones for 2016 but you can also add in the MXP (bottom of the chart) which I did and it scores a 76 which is great but given the smaller battery size, I don't think it really matters but there isn't much else going on with our 6P's so why not. :)

Here is a good read and from what I can tell Moto tweaks their charging profile different than most. http://www.androidauthority.com/which-phone-charges-the-fastest-660181/  You can also see the profile for the 6P which just gives a visualization of what we already know. 

• Like 2

The charge profile can be different from one QC device to another and your MXP does charge faster 0 - 100% but the battery size is probably the gap. I can't find the chart but there was a good one where it showed a charge mah graph and it was quit interesting to see how some where VERY steep and then fell off while others where steep but stayed very steady up to the last 10%. To do a better comparison, you'd want to do a side by side from the same battery level and charge for x number of minutes and see what battery level is. 

If you go here http://www.phonearena.com/news/Phones-with-quick-charge-the-fastest-charging-from-0-to-100-2016-edition_id81675 you can see comparisons of the top phones for 2016 but you can also add in the MXP (bottom of the chart) which I did and it scores a 76 which is great but given the smaller battery size, I don't think it really matters but there isn't much else going on with our 6P's so why not. :)

Here is a good read and from what I can tell Moto tweaks their charging profile different than most. http://www.androidauthority.com/which-phone-charges-the-fastest-660181/  You can also see the profile for the 6P which just gives a visualization of what we already know. 

All great info there, thanks for sharing.  ordered a new car charger today to get the "Rapid Charging" on the go, need to get a new charger for the office too :)

• Like 2

All great info there, thanks for sharing.  ordered a new car charger today to get the "Rapid Charging" on the go, need to get a new charger for the office too :)

What I did to avoid buying a bunch of new chargers was use the OEM charger in the living room, where I would want the max charge rate since I'd most likely be plugging in just to top off or something.  Then I put one of my old QC2.0 chargers in my bedroom where I don't care how fast it charged since it would have 4-8hr to charge while I was sleeping. 

What I did to avoid buying a bunch of new chargers was use the OEM charger in the living room, where I would want the max charge rate since I'd most likely be plugging in just to top off or something.  Then I put one of my old QC2.0 chargers in my bedroom where I don't care how fast it charged since it would have 4-8hr to charge while I was sleeping. 

I keep the rapid charger at home, it moves rooms as needed ;)  I have the A-C cable in my laptop bag and I throw it on the charger for my hotspot when needed at the office.  Once I have an appropriate car charger, I should be all set.

• Like 1

I keep the rapid charger at home, it moves rooms as needed ;)  I have the A-C cable in my laptop bag and I throw it on the charger for my hotspot when needed at the office.  Once I have an appropriate car charger, I should be all set.

For what it's worth, I have been using this for about a month with great success.  Charges quickly and efficiently.

For what it's worth, I have been using this for about a month with great success.  Charges quickly and efficiently.

Yup I have the same charger. Works great.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I snagged this and so far, very happy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone on the 7.1.1 beta having issues with DND not automatically turning itself off?

No issues with that here but my Hangouts v13 is being  real battery hog (as in 10% of battery used).  I just cleared data to see if that helps but Hangouts, in general, web and mobile has been RATHER buggy the last two days. I'll pay attention to DND though and see if there are any issues. 

No issues with that here but my Hangouts v13 is being  real battery hog (as in 10% of battery used).  I just cleared data to see if that helps but Hangouts, in general, web and mobile has been RATHER buggy the last two days. I'll pay attention to DND though and see if there are any issues. 

I deleted my previous saved DND profile and recreated it with a new name to see if that helps

I deleted my previous saved DND profile and recreated it with a new name to see if that helps

It almost looks like the timing is wrong, I think the rule turned on at 9:45a

9971b0068a663cf4a2738b90650fd5c5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ha ha! So yes, yes I actually did see the behavior as shown in the issue tracker. I hadn't had my normal schedule to anything wrong BUT after thinking about it, I have seen my DND on when I didn't think I actually turned it on. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to post in there again as I have noticed that as soon as I initiate a phone call, my phone is activating DND now.  If I change the "Sound" setting to speaker or bluetooth, it goes off but if it's on phone, its on DND. 

Really weird 

• Like 1