Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

I'm in KC. Great market.

Consider myself a heavy user. Never charge overnight anymore. Just about 30-45 minutes per day.

Considering wifi doesn't seem to sleep like it should AND as you can see from my screen shot, it's always active and eating up a good chunk of battery, I'm just going to start turning if off, toggling it off.  I live in a great market as well and if the phone won't conserve when not connected or when the device is awake, I guess I'll have to just not be lazy about actively turning it off. :)

• Like 1

OnePlus refunded my cables since they were found to be noncompliant. They didn't refund the shipping charge but I am okay with that because they didn't make me ship the cables back.

Just got me my $19 back from 3 cables. They mentioned they'll have a revised one. May just hold out for those. They are really nice cables, from an appearance standpoint.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 1

Hello all. Just wanted to confirm the correct sim to use for Sprint. From what I read here, it is the same one used for the M9 or Moto X Pure Edition. Is that correct?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Hello all. Just wanted to confirm the correct sim to use for Sprint. From what I read here, it is the same one used for the M9 or Moto X Pure Edition. Is that correct?

That is correct.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ok. Thank you!

Go to the 5X thread and get the correct item numbers as the "Original" M9 SIM card does not work in the MXP/5X/6P.  The MXP SIM does work in the M9 and of course the 5X and 6P. :)

• Like 1

Go to the 5X thread and get the correct item numbers as the "Original" M9 SIM card does not work in the MXP/5X/6P. The MXP SIM does work in the M9 and of course the 5X and 6P. :)

I talked with Sprint chat today and they are sending me this one. Item # 019962040146. WW GEM LTE+GSM REM 4FF CSIM V5.

• Like 2

Sorry if this has been discussed but I couldn't find anything about it. Does the Nexus 6P have wifi calling for Sprint and has anyone tested it out? Thanks

It does not. No Nexus phones do. Sprint uses a proprietary implementation of wifi calling that is not compatible with the version built into stock Android. I doubt an app could be released to enable it since it would require heavy tie in with the OS, so the only way we'd get it is if/when Sprint upgrades their implementation. This will probably happen around the time VoLTE rolls out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 2

I'd also like to note that calls are SUBSTANTIALLY more clear on the 6P than on my previous 2 phones (Nexus 6 and Galaxy S4). Previously, calls to call centers or automated services were awful and continuously cut out. It was particularly noticeable with hold music. A T-Mobile phone had the exact same issue, so I had assumed it was a voice codec thing where it's overly compressed. These calls are crystal clear now on the 6p.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Casting a wide net, but was wondering if the volume control in these Bose headphones works with the 6p:

https://www.bose.com/products/headphones/earphones/soundtrue-ultra-in-ear-headphones-samsung-devices.html

The volume control is supposed to work with some Samsung devices, but the compatibility of that is unclear.

Casting a wide net, but was wondering if the volume control in these Bose headphones works with the 6p:

https://www.bose.com/products/headphones/earphones/soundtrue-ultra-in-ear-headphones-samsung-devices.html

The volume control is supposed to work with some Samsung devices, but the compatibility of that is unclear.

I have the Bose QC25 headphones and the volume control does not work with the 6p.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I have the Bose QC25 headphones and the volume control does not work with the 6p.

Warning:  you just got suckered into buying Bose.  No, mere consumer, Bose is not the "best."  It has not been the best forever, even ever.  And Amar now has been dead for two years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/13/business/amar-g-bose-acoustic-engineer-and-inventor-dies-at-83.html?_r=0

Bose is like Monster Cable.

AJ

• Like 3

Warning: you just got suckered into buying Bose. No, mere consumer, Bose is not the "best." It has not been the best forever, even ever. And Amar now has been dead for two years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/13/business/amar-g-bose-acoustic-engineer-and-inventor-dies-at-83.html?_r=0

Bose is like Monster Cable.

AJ

I did a lot of research before buying them. I know Bose is expensive for the audio quality and would never buy them as regular headphones or speakers. I got them solely for active noise cancellation for flights, since in that aspect they were/are the best on the market. I have a pair of audio technica ath-m50 I use most of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 1

Yea.  I'll agree that they're overpriced.  They are better than average, but what really caught my eye is the volume control.  

I just don't understand how no one on android world noticed that iPhones all come with headphones with inline volume controls.  Is it just a lack of standardization?  Anyway, are there any headphones with volume control for the 6p that anyone has found?

Yea. I'll agree that they're overpriced. They are better than average, but what really caught my eye is the volume control.

I just don't understand how no one on android world noticed that iPhones all come with headphones with inline volume controls. Is it just a lack of standardization? Anyway, are there any headphones with volume control for the 6p that anyone has found?

I actually asked Bose about it and they said they design them for Apple. I guess Apple has their own way to handle volume control. I'm not sure if stock Android has a method to do it. Samsung I know supports it with their earbuds, but I don't know if it's a different standard than what Apple uses.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Just got the 6.0.1 update, my phone is now dropping to 3G in some occasions. Did not have this issue with 6.0.

Wondering if the baseband was upgraded.

Currently on .2.6.1.c4-00008-M8994FAAAANAZM-1

The radio is different. The versions in the factory images have different file names (2.15 vs 2.50) and different SHA1 sum checks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

The radio is different. The versions in the factory images have different file names (2.15 vs 2.50) and different SHA1 sum checks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

That's unfortunate, didn't have an issue with the previous one. Now I randomly drop to 3G. Also happens after a call as well which never happened before.
  • Like 1

Just got the 6.0.1 update, my phone is now dropping to 3G in some occasions. Did not have this issue with 6.0.

Wondering if the baseband was upgraded.

Currently on .2.6.1.c4-00008-M8994FAAAANAZM-1

Others here http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/help/lte-issues-6-0-1-radio-canadian-carriers-t3267270 are having the same issue.  A couple people have reported that flashing the old radio (.2.6.1.c4-00005-M8994FAAAANAZM-1) does NOT fix the problem, some have reported that it does.

• Like 2

Others here http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/help/lte-issues-6-0-1-radio-canadian-carriers-t3267270 are having the same issue.  A couple people have reported that flashing the old radio (.2.6.1.c4-00005-M8994FAAAANAZM-1) does NOT fix the problem, some have reported that it does.

Hmmm... that is weird.  I wonder why flashing the radio wouldn't fix the issue.  I stand corrected.