[Breaking News] Shentel to buy out Ntelos

From my understanding from the welcometoshentel.com site

A shentel will get all of ntelos's towers spectrum and customers, will then rebrand everything under the sprint brand name.

Now if I'm wrong don't hesitate to point it out.

You are correct except that Sprint will own the spectrum, not Shentel.

Sent from my Note 4

Do any of their towers go in to Eastern ky or eastern ohio?

This is the only map I know of that we got. Haven't heard or seen of any updates since this map came out.

gallery_1_2_1222305_zpsniohpfh1.png

• Like 1

sorry if this was already answered. But I noticed that Shentel Coverage is counted as 3G Native Sprint coverage (and some 3g). While Ntelos coverage is 3G speeds but counts as roaming data. Once this Buyout is complete will all of Ntelos coverage be treated like Shentel coverage which Sprint counts as Native Sprint coverage? Since the LTE roaming maps showed up its still shows Ntelos as Roaming 3G and 4G. Even if it then changed to the Roaming+ would be an improvement

sorry if this was already answered. But I noticed that Shentel Coverage is counted as 3G Native Sprint coverage (and some 3g). While Ntelos coverage is 3G speeds but counts as roaming data. Once this Buyout is complete will all of Ntelos coverage be treated like Shentel coverage which Sprint counts as Native Sprint coverage? Since the LTE roaming maps showed up its still shows Ntelos as Roaming 3G and 4G. Even if it then changed to the Roaming+ would be an improvement

Once Shentel gets total control of nTelos, the coverage will look like regular Sprint Coverage.  This should happen very early in 2016. This will include 1X, 3G, and LTE. It will take awhile until Shentel gets the coverage installed that is needed to bring the area up to standards expected.

nTelos is treated as native. US Cellular is shown as roaming.
  • Like 1

nTelos is treated as native. US Cellular is shown as roaming.

There are areas that show non native 3G coverage when looking at 3G only coverage map. When you change it to LTE it all changes to LTE Roaming. I thought there there was no sprint LTE roaming with US Cellular. and it was only US cellular customers that could roam on Sprint LTE

There are areas that show non native 3G coverage when looking at 3G only coverage map. When you change it to LTE it all changes to LTE Roaming. I thought there there was no sprint LTE roaming with US Cellular. and it was only US cellular customers that could roam on Sprint LTE

The reason there is non native 3g is because nTelos netork does not reach far. Look at the orange in Morgantown, Beckley, Charleston, and Roanoke that is nTelos LTE. I shouldn't say US Cellular only because no one has shown who it is with a screenshot. But the LTE roaming does match US Cellular LTE map.

nTelos coverages are treated as Native for Sprint. All of it. Where you see what you believe is ntelos roaming, it is actually another provider.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

How long ago did ntelos shut down its network in the Richmond VA area if they have at all? I just barely get sprint service at my house in chesterfield and just looked up and saw that ntelos has towers all around where I live and much closer than the sprint tower I'm pulling off of. If sprint would use those towers it would make service in rural chesterfield much better.

How long ago did ntelos shut down its network in the Richmond VA area if they have at all? I just barely get sprint service at my house in chesterfield and just looked up and saw that ntelos has towers all around where I live and much closer than the sprint tower I'm pulling off of. If sprint would use those towers it would make service in rural chesterfield much better.

It should have been November 15.

- Trip