markjcc

WiMAX Down, Other Alternatives?

WiMax has been killed off, are there any alternatives to something like Clear/ClearWire with a fair amount of data and cost?

WiMax has been killed off, are there any alternatives to something like Clear/ClearWire with a fair amount of data and cost?

You're not going to find something similar to the data cost of Clear but there are great metered plans out there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hasnt here yet

You're not going to find something similar to the data cost of Clear but there are great metered plans out there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I agree

Maybe some local WISP.

Great for who?

Got any examples?

• Like 1

Boost Mobile just announced a 10GB, $50 a month plan for a wifi hotspot. That's probably one of the best rates you will find.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/boost-mobile-launches-first-wi-fi-hotspot-plans-with-availability-of-the-netgear-fuse.htm

Great for who?

Got any examples?

Compared to the standard cost other Hotspot plans, there are great options out there.

Now I am really confused.

If you had simply stated other options, I wouldn't be questioning anything.

However, you state there are great options without providing examples or qualification.

I am interested in seeing what you consider 'great' metered options.

And if you think I am being snarky or negative, I am not. I am sincerely interested in seeing some specific examples of great (metered or not) plans, as I am sure many others who are losing clear service soon will be interested in as well.

Now I am really confused.

If you had simply stated other options, I wouldn't be questioning anything.

However, you state there are great options without providing examples or qualification.

I am interested in seeing what you consider 'great' metered options.

And if you think I am being snarky or negative, I am not. I am sincerely interested in seeing some specific examples of great (metered or not) plans, as I am sure many others who are losing clear service soon will be interested in as well.

We can't compare today's pricing of options to what was the pricing of yesterday's options. I'm talking strictly on the standard data cost options available from Carrier A versus the data cost options from Carrier B, Carrier C and so on and so forth.

That's all I'm saying.

I was under the impression that Sprint was going to migrate WiMAX users to LTE by providing another compatible device free of charge, or at least cheaply; I guess I was wrong.

I was hoping they would, but seems like they are just dropping all clear customers without any type of effort re-capturing or converting them to either existing or special sprint plans/equipment.

Seems like a bad move to not even try to keep some type of revenue coming in.

I was under the impression that Sprint was going to migrate WiMAX users to LTE by providing another compatible device free of charge, or at least cheaply; I guess I was wrong.

Believe it was for Sprint users who had WiMax phones and not the clear customers who used WiMax as a home internet. 

For home internet users they are sending emails out that suggest other internet services providers.

ex: 

s3n6ue.jpg

• Like 5

Does anybody know any Clear/ClearWire resellers that offer Unlimited data and can still activate devices?

Does anybody know any Clear/ClearWire resellers that offer Unlimited data and can still activate devices?

my friend clear is dead and unlimited data access for home Internet is gone with wimaxx
  • Like 1