Sprint Earnings Report for First Fiscal Quarter 2015 scheduled for August 4th

EvanA

"Alot of our sites are either 1.9 only, or 800 and 1.9...we are going to upgrade NEARLY ALL of our existing sites to tri-band".

I would interpret this to mean they are going to make every macro site support all three bands, except those that cannot for logistic, structural, municipal or technical reasons. Hopefully this means the end of the GMO is nigh.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 16

This morning has been nothing but pure hype for Sprint. Good numbers, confirmation on multiple things, Tim's B25 teaser on the subreddit...

High times for Sprint subs ahead.

I just saw this....IIRC Orlando is one of those special markets that can pull something like  that off. AJ posted the chart somewhere a while back but I don't have a link to it. 

I would interpret this to mean they are going to make every macro site support all three bands, except those that cannot for logistic, structural, municipal or technical reasons. Hopefully this means the end of the GMO is nigh.

This would make me the happiest person ever. Hopefully it happens soon.
  • Like 2

But aren't most (or all) of the GMO sites GMOs because of pretty much those same logistic, structural, municipal or technical reasons? So wouldn't that leave the GMOs in the same situation they're currently in?

But aren't most (or all) of the GMO sites GMOs because of pretty much those same logistic, structural, municipal or technical reasons? So wouldn't that leave the GMOs in the same situation they're currently in?

No, a lot of GMOs are in rural areas, that are very capable of being upgraded to Tri-Band. But because they are low use sites, the decision was made to not fully upgrade them.
  • Like 2

some yes, but not all, just look at Iowa. I would say 90% of our GMO sites are that way just because they were low priority so someone decided to make them that way. heck most (all?) of the GMO sites around the des moines metro even have fiber already run to them, which helps out 3G speeds, but no signs of upgrading them to get LTE going.

• Like 1

No. Most, probably around 90% of remaining GMO's are the lowest priority sites. They just are GMO because of cost/benefit analysis. Especially ones in areas where there are no full builds around, just a bunch of GMO's.

Where you see one GMO off by itself surrounded by full builds are the ones with 'other' issues. But GMO's in clusters are low priority sites and were waiting for future funding. It sounds like the future is finally coming.

• Like 4

No. Most, probably around 90% of remaining GMO's are the lowest priority sites. They just are GMO because of cost/benefit analysis. Especially ones in areas where there are no full builds around, just a bunch of GMO's.

Where you see one GMO off by itself surrounded by full builds are the ones with 'other' issues. But GMO's in clusters are low priority sites and were waiting for future funding. It sounds like the future is finally coming.

Are GMR sites capable of band 41?

Are GMR sites capable of band 41?

Yes, a GMR/GMO site can add B41 easily, as long as the site structurally can handle the added weight and wind load.

• Like 1

Key takeaway for Sprint shareholders is that the liquidity question has been answered by the external SoftBank-backed cash machines to be used for financing customer devices and network gear.  Less worry now about cash flow and stock dilution.

SoftBank shareholders might be miffed about giving away more money to Sprint in this roundabout way, but raising Sprint value is to ultimately raise the parent's value as well.

• Like 1

So the leasing company Sprint and Softbank will set up is supposed to arrange and finance handset leasing. The leasing company operates at net 0 profit but will take a significant load of payments off of Sprint's books thereby creating + free cash flow.

Masa had said that he did this with Softbank and it has worked very well for his company.

That's what I got from the financial part of the transcript. Did I interpret it correctly?

• Like 3

So the leasing company Sprint and Softbank will set up is supposed to arrange and finance handset leasing. The leasing company operates at net 0 profit but will take a significant load of payments off of Sprint's books thereby creating + free cash flow.

Masa had said that he did this with Softbank and it has worked very well for his company.

That's what I got from the financial part of the transcript. Did I interpret it correctly?

That is how I understood it as well. Neat and tidy.

So the leasing company Sprint and Softbank will set up is supposed to arrange and finance handset leasing. The leasing company operates at net 0 profit but will take a significant load of payments off of Sprint's books thereby creating + free cash flow.

That's what I got from the financial part of the transcript. Did I interpret it correctly?

Correct

That is how I understood it as well. Neat and tidy.

The benefits of what Softbank is arranging for sprint is simply less interest paid. If Sprint tried to finance the phone leasing themselves, they will have to pay more than by having Softbank (and whoever they're working with) loan it to them. The collateral used are the monthly leasing payment + the value of the phones themselves and Softbank is co-signing so the loan is less risky.

It's not some free money hand out to Sprint but every bit helps.

As a person in a GMO area, I certainly hope so.  The day when I stop roaming off of VZW and ATT/Alltel will be great.