iPhone 6S/6S Plus/6C Rumor Thread

MacinJosh

Shit. Well, looks like my wife is going to have to buy a 4.7" screen now that's too big for her hands to operate/reach the screen comfortably.

Or switch to Android and hate it for a long time.

Shit. Well, looks like my wife is going to have to buy a 4.7" screen now that's too big for her hands to operate/reach the screen comfortably.

I'm hoping those people are wrong and we do get a 4" 6C. We need a variety.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I'm hoping those people are wrong and we do get a 4" 6C. We need a variety.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

You say that josh but how many iterations occurred with out having two models? Only 5s/5c and the 6/+ had two models. It doesn't surprise me that they have decided to leave it at two.
  • Like 1

Or switch to Android and see how much better it is and what she has been missing  :D. The 4.7" screen size could be perfect if they would just reduce the bezels and overall physical size of the phone.

Or switch to Android and see how much better it is and what she has been missing :D. The 4.7" screen size could be perfect if they would just reduce the bezels and overall physical size of the phone.

I tried that with my wife...once. "Take this thing back. How do I get my iPhone back?"

• Like 2

I tried that with my wife...once. "Take this thing back. How do I get my iPhone back?"

Yup.

I let my wife use my Galaxy S6 for a few hours to see if she likes it. Her description was "this is a hot mess that makes no sense at all."

She's always been an iPhone user, though.

• Like 4

The next line in the sand for Legere and the Pink contingent.  I wonder how they can subsidize this and not break the bank.  You know that Apple will want their cut regardless.

http://news.yahoo.com/t-mobile-iphone-6s-apple-music-offer-just-153023076.html

I am currently on a lease for my iPhone 6 and I would not be surprised to see Sprint come out and allow those on a current iPhone 6 lease to move up to a 6S lease when that phone comes out.  iPhone has a good enough residual value to allow it and with SoftBank's connection to Brightstar I would think Sprint would be in the best position to pull something like this off.  Not saying it will actually happen, but it would not shock me either. 

I am currently on a lease for my iPhone 6 and I would not be surprised to see Sprint come out and allow those on a current iPhone 6 lease to move up to a 6S lease when that phone comes out. iPhone has a good enough residual value to allow it and with SoftBank's connection to Brightstar I would think Sprint would be in the best position to pull something like this off. Not saying it will actually happen, but it would not shock me either.

If best buy followed through and did a 1$ upgrade lease plan and 5 additional for the 64 gb, I would actually get rid of my 2 year contract if the phone is worth it. Maybe.

Maybe. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

The next line in the sand for Legere and the Pink contingent. I wonder how they can subsidize this and not break the bank. You know that Apple will want their cut regardless.

http://news.yahoo.com/t-mobile-iphone-6s-apple-music-offer-just-153023076.html

Did I just read an advertorial or a press release? I'm not 100% sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never bought an iPhone on launch day. This will be my first time. I've always tried, but something with Sprint or Apple's website always messes up, and I give up. I'm determined this year to have a good experience.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I've never bought an iPhone on launch day. This will be my first time. I've always tried, but something with Sprint or Apple's website always messes up, and I give up. I'm determined this year to have a good experience.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I've been lucky... I bought direct from Sprint on preorder day the past 3 models. I hope I can keep that going!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been lucky... I bought direct from Sprint on preorder day the past 3 models. I hope I can keep that going!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not so worried about the site malfunctioning, but more so my timing. I don't want to be too late, and end up in that dreaded "ships mid-October" group, or worse. I want to get in the first shipment group for once.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I'm not so worried about the site malfunctioning, but more so my timing. I don't want to be too late, and end up in that dreaded "ships mid-October" group, or worse. I want to get in the first shipment group for once.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I've preordered through Sprint, and always had gotten my iPhones with the first group, whereas Apple had the expected ship dates far later then with Sprint, lucky me! Also, never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to revert from 9b3 to 8.4 - app crash city. And I can't update my GPS watch because the TomTom app won't launch. [emoji52]

I am still debating if I am going to upgrade.  There is most likely going to be a 3CA model in 2017.  Even if I do upgrade this year, I will keep the current phone as a backup just in case.  I have read several issues from others with cameras, screens, etc...

• Like 1

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/08/10/new-video-gives-clearer-look-at-display-assembly-purportedly-for-apples-iphone-6s

I am still debating if I am going to upgrade.  There is most likely going to be a 3CA model in 2017.  Even if I do upgrade this year, I will keep the current phone as a backup just in case.  I have read several issues from others with cameras, screens, etc...

Hopefully the issue with the front camera and the screen popping has been completely resolved with this generation. 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/08/10/new-video-gives-clearer-look-at-display-assembly-purportedly-for-apples-iphone-6s

Hopefully the issue with the front camera and the screen popping has been completely resolved with this generation. 

I hope so too! I had not heard of that problem. One thing related to the screen is I hope Apple sticks with Corning, Gorilla Glass 4 or one of the other next gen glass products Corning has in the works. I had seen rumors earlier this year that Foxcon was ramping up Sapphire production, possibly for the iPhone 6s/7.

I thought this was kind of funny, a typo I hope, but this article went so far as to state Foxcon "is planning to open up a new planet to manufacture sapphire glass ......."

"New information coming from Focus Taiwan online publication says that Foxconn is planning to open up a new planet to manufacture sapphire glass screens for the 2015 iPhone models."

• Like 2

Just came across this regarding the new iPhone 6s chassis, its strength, and composition. Lewis Hilsenteger the guy who originally disclosed the weakness of the iPhone 6 and "Bendgate" was given two chassis (an iPhone 6 and the new iPhone 6s) to do comparison testing, which of course he demonstrates in a video once again. You can read and or watch all about it on Forbes link below:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/19/massive-iphone-6s-chassis-leak/

Just came across this regarding the new iPhone 6s chassis, its strength, and composition. Lewis Hilsenteger the guy who originally disclosed the weakness of the iPhone 6 and "Bendgate" was given two chassis (an iPhone 6 and the new iPhone 6s) to do comparison testing, which of course he demonstrates in a video once again. You can read and or watch all about it on Forbes link below:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/19/massive-iphone-6s-chassis-leak/

Not gonna lie. I hate that man. He started an entire movement over that bendgate crap and racked up the followers on YouTube from it. All over something that should've been completely obvious. If you apply enough force to a phone that is 6.9 or 7.1 mm thin, it'll bend. Hur dedurdur.

Sent from my iPhone 6 usinf Crapatalk

• Like 7