My New Plan Idea with a Network-Variable Speed Cap

Arysyn

If you really wanted to and had some start up money, you or anyone could become a wholesale partner with Sprint and create your own MVNO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That actually is a very good idea, especially as it is something that I'm interested in and isn't any sort of challenge to my physical health condition.

I have a friend in the Hartford Connecticut area who is trying to start various buinesses, mostly socially based via fashion and relationships. Since communication is a big part of that, it sounds like a feasible idea we could work into his other plans.

Currently, he has Verizon, which surprisingly he says is quite bad in his area, supposedly drops to 1xrtt a lot of the time, though he's in some rural-ish suburban area near there. I looked online on RootMetrics, which says for the second half of 2014 Sprint was rated the best in network reliability there. So, perhaps a Sprint MVNO would be an idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I've been reading this and other threads everyone's throwing ideas out about different plans and services. But I'll share... Since Sprint has 3 prepaid brands Boost, Sprint prepaid and Virgin Mobile why not create teirs.

Boost being domestic Latin American calls, lower end teen young adult market basic well built device and services. Your needs for the most part. As it is marketed now is fine personally.

Sprint being being mid-premium postpaid exclusively. Focused on multi line agreements tablets data buckets 5+ lines and more. Prepaid, as it is now it's a lil sloppy and convoluted. Not really necessary, personal opinion. Nice mixture of high and low here.

Virgin Mobile, being a premium here (slight rebrand) but like the name. V line, of devices and services. Purple being royal as the color of choice for images and marketing. Where you can buy your phone outright or lease with all inclusive pricing which includes tiered data and roaming to overseas countries and territories. Devices sold online only for certain devices. Which could leverage some of the overseas devices not released here in US territories and could also be used as a test bed for certain technology as vo-lte for early adopters as it would be program in the firmware from Sprint, before mass deployment as way to get away from 3gpp2 for business and international purposes moving technology forward. They could even do that in a limited market release where they have fully deployed most of there efforts in regards densification in major markets. Where you could buy device in store at certain location.

Premium customer serice and device support. Offer all in one pricing ,which has already been experimented in terms of leasing to reiterate. Use it as an upgrade path every 16 months, or so. Can have a single line plan that cost 150.00 to start. Which includes a lot of base incentive in regard to roaming customer support and replacement care services. Care free living for people to busy to be bothered!

Virgin essentially replicates what boost does, waste in my opinion. As boost does it better.

See how it actually plays out to see if it is actually even a market for such a branding type. Make use of what you already have. By creating distinct images, for each division.

Boost would have the lowest arpu. But could be subsidized by Virgin Mobile and its flagship image. Sprint with high user experience with data tiers mutlilines and such. It's how car makers do it for the most part. Devices don't have to be that much different besides a few on and off switches on the software end to have continuity and price validity.

If Sprint is so concerned with data and how it plays with limited bandwith, and high usage area. Throw there hat in assisting video codec support within network technology. How it spefically balances codec and efficiency throughput.

Think this is my first super long post sorry! I was bored. My arm CEO for the day. Sadly this would take a lot of time to implement. But what's a few more years its marathon not a sprint.

Data Strong network of choice! Corp tagline.

As I've been saying on other threads lately, my objective to update this thread is something I've been wanting to do. So now here it is :

I'm revising this just a bit. While the non-lease plan rate remains the same at $45 monthly for 5gb with a $2 per gb overage fee, still including governmental fees and taxes along with offering unlimited talk and unlimited text, I'm changing the rate for device leasing plan.

While the device leasing plan offers the same inclusive features, the rate starts higher, but includes a lot more data. I have it so that it will entice people primarily to device leasing on a yearly basis, along with spending more both on the devices and the data. Ultimately, in order to boost ARPU, whereas the non-lease plan is mainly for people who don't use their device as often and don't upgrade their device much.

Anyways, I'll post regarding the leasing plan shortly...

Alright, now onto the changes I made to the main plan idea for leasing devices. A one-year lease plan specifically for leasing devices, including everything on the basic $45 monthly non-lease plan, which is all governmental fees and taxes, along with including unlimited talk and unlimited text. However, here are the differences :

The lease plan includes insurance, while the base rate covers all devices up to $650 MSRP. After that, there is a $5 monthly increase to the base plan rate for every $50 additional MSRP. I'll list th e rates for this, now -

The base rate is $95 monthly for 35gb of data, which is an additional 5gb of data more than what would be given in overages from the basic $45 monthly non-lease plan.

So, $95 monthly for a device with up to a $650 MSRP. Up to $700 MSRP is $100 monthly. Up to $750 MSRP is $105 monthly. Up to $800 MSRP is $110 monthly. Up to $850 MSRP is $115 monthly. Up to $900 MSRP is $120 monthly.

The included features remain the same regardless of rate based on the MSRP, anywhere from $95 monthly to $120 monthly, all including governmental fees and taxes, along with unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 35gb of data. The overage rate also remains the same as on the basic $45 monthly non-lease plan, which the overage rate is $2 per gb.

• 1 month later...

I'm not intending to merely bump this thread up. A moment ago, I posted on the T-Mobile thread in a post with a link to this thread, which has some information relating to what I wrote there, specifically about the variable network speed cap. For those reading this, please only take into consideration the idea of the variable network speed cap, not the rate plan ideas, as I've shifted my thinking away from data bucket rate plans, to rate plans which strictly are per GB.

To give more of an update about that here, I'll say that any other kind of rate plans I may mention, are to keep in line with the current rate plan types available, though they do not reflect what I actually believe ought to be available for customers.

Instead, what I actually think ought to be offered, which is a complete update from what I wrote here prior to this, all except for the variable network speed cap idea, is this :

$35 monthly for one line (includes all governmental taxes and fees), 1¢ per minute, 1¢ per text, and $1 per GB of data. There are three add-on ideas to this, which are all just optional. $5 monthly for unlimited talk, $5 monthly for unlimited text, and $5 monthly for one-year's worth of full device insurance on the one year device lease I believe ought to become standard, devices ranging from $5 monthly to $35 monthly in $5 increments, to make accounting easier, as well in making things simpler to understand for the customer.

• 4 weeks later...

On a more positive note, I wonder if Sprint has some sort of surprise that is in the works they can announce soon and implement at the same time, rather than something they have to work on implementing. One thing they could do, is to implement an inexpensive per gb rate plan similar to what I wrote about in the plan thread under the Suggestion Box section. With that, they could announce their Android Forever idea together with the other, sort of as a revised "Allin" plan, or "Allin 2.0". Perhaps even something like one line, 15gb, any Android device lease for $75 monthly, which at that price and deal may tempt many people away from unlimited data.

Also, I'll add that while I'm not a fan of shared data, if Sprint did something like I mentioned with a shared line with any Android device lease and 5gb additional data for $45 monthly, each, that may help to move people away from Everything Data plans too. $120, two lines, 20gb, and two Android device leases may be what does it, so Sprint can begin consolidating plans and improving their accounting.

I say this not so much that I'm big on the idea, but that it might be something similar to what Sprint might do, considering their financial shifting around of things, which could include and again, improve their accounting. Besides that, its a pretty great deal that could work very well in time for the holiday season promotions, especially Android Forever.