Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

No idea on the S4T numbers, but here's the Moto X 2015 RF comparisons with the previous devices.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7063-moto-x-2015/?p=435129

The S4T had great RF performance, possibly the best tri-band device on Sprint's network (aside from the N5.)  But the article (and FCC doc) does not show the values needed to judge.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-356-teaser-samsung-galaxy-s4-2-3/

If I picked the right doc from the FCC (https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=2095850), then I see the following as LTE comparisons

2015 Moto X ("UC1")

Band 25 22 dBm

Band 26 20 dBm

Band 41 21-23 dBm 

S4T 

Band 25 19.2-21.75

Band 26 20.08-22.82

Band 41 19.5-21

• Like 3

So the higher the numbers the better? Can't remember. It's been awhile since I've worried about RF performance.

Also. Has anyone seen pricing as far as what it will cost to add an sd card slot? I really want to get back to android after being on iOS but leaving 64gb for 16gb just won't work for me. I'd rather have the expandable memory than built in if it's more cost effective to do so.

So the higher the numbers the better? Can't remember. It's been awhile since I've worried about RF performance.

Also. Has anyone seen pricing as far as what it will cost to add an sd card slot? I really want to get back to android after being on iOS but leaving 64gb for 16gb just won't work for me. I'd rather have the expandable memory than built in if it's more cost effective to do so.

It doesn't cost more to add an SD card slot. I believe the memory size costs $50 per upgrade.

Sent from my Tab 4

The inclusion of the sd card slot on the Moto X Pure brings me back to looking at the phone.  I looked at the old Moto X back when I got the HTC One M8.  The lack of an sd card slot turned me away.  I did like the fact that the Moto X had a pure Android experience on it (unlike HTC).  So I'm hoping that holds true for the Moto X Pure.

• Like 1

So if the x pure has sprint bands in it I should be able to order one straight from moto and activate it on sprint? Only thing I'd want to do is up the internal memory a bit, fancy colors don't do much for me or the different backs, my job pretty much requires a defender case.

Sent from a Note 4

So if the x pure has sprint bands in it I should be able to order one straight from moto and activate it on sprint? Only thing I'd want to do is up the internal memory a bit, fancy colors don't do much for me or the different backs, my job pretty much requires a defender case.

Sent from a Note 4

The Moto X Pure has compatible Sprint Bands and it will only be sold directly from Motorola.com, Best Buy and Amazon.com

• Like 2

The Moto X Pure has compatible Sprint Bands and it will only be sold directly from Motorola.com, Best Buy and Amazon.com

Sweet, thank. I wonder If Bestbuy and Amazon will put a premium on it. Also wonder if Bestbuy will just sell the 16gb model.

Sent from a Note 4

Sweet, thank. I wonder If Bestbuy and Amazon will put a premium on it. Also wonder if Bestbuy will just sell the 16gb model.

Sent from a Note 4

Inconceivable on both accounts.  The price will be the price and I'm sure there will be several versions available from brick and mortar Bestbuys.  If this is the way that Moto wants to "change the industry" they'll be plunking down handsets with options in every place they possibly can, at least that's how I view it.  

However, with the Motomaker, I'm not sure why you'd really get it from Bestbuy versus just making it yourself online?  Regardless, I'm sure that BB will have like a black and a white version with higher storage sizes.  If anything, BB and Amazon will likely offer better incentives and deals than Moto does to get you to purchase there like they do with current phones.

However, with the Motomaker, I'm not sure why you'd really get it from Bestbuy versus just making it yourself online?  Regardless, I'm sure that BB will have like a black and a white version with higher storage sizes.  If anything, BB and Amazon will likely offer better incentives and deals than Moto does to get you to purchase there like they do with current phones.

Definitely buying mine from Amazon, it all comes to pricing and two day shipping by being a prime subscriber. Customization is not a big deal for me, so the black option is the way to go.

• Like 1

Definitely buying mine from Amazon, it all comes to pricing and two day shipping by being a prime subscriber. Customization is not a big deal for me, so the black option is the way to go.

What, you don't want a real wood back?  (Seriously, I might be a big enough sucker to go for the wood back one.  lol)

What, you don't want a real wood back?  (Seriously, I might be a big enough sucker to go for the wood back one.  lol)

In fact the real wood back looks real nice on the Moto X but its just not for me, I like my phones plain and simple lol. So all black it is

• Like 2

In fact the real wood back looks real nice on the Moto X but its just not for me, I like my phones plain and simple lol. So all black it is

Plus, you're going to put a case on it anyway.  :-)

I'll have a otterbox on mine so it really doesn't matter. All I'd like to have is the 32gb version, I have a 64gig SD card for pictures/videos etc. I just like to keep some extra room on the internal just incase, also I know the system takes up x amount. I don't want a 16gb phone with only 11gb usable( just throwing out numbers).

Sent from a Note 4

Does anyone know if I can swap sim cards using the Moto X Pure Edition? I travel to the US from Canada each week. I have a Bell Mobility account and a Sprint account. All the bands are supported for both carriers. If it's as simple as a nano sim and being whitelisted, my plan should work?

Anyone?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It's specs seem to say that it can handle a very wide range of bands. I am going to guess that you will be able to swap SIMS to whatever your heart desires.

I really can't wait! I only wish they would ship to Canada so I could use Moto Maker.

Switching from my SGN4. Finally sick of TW getting constipated.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I can't wait for this phone to come out, my note 4 has been acting up since the latest update. I can't stand this phone messing up so much, takes 20 home/power button pushed to turn the screen on. Ready for Motorola newest phone, hopefully if my local bestbuy gets a 32gb in I'll pick it up when it launches and I'll be like a guinea pig.

Sent from a Note 4

Inconceivable on both accounts.  The price will be the price and I'm sure there will be several versions available from brick and mortar Bestbuys.  If this is the way that Moto wants to "change the industry" they'll be plunking down handsets with options in every place they possibly can, at least that's how I view it.  

Best Buy sold the Nexus 5 for $400 vs Google Play's $350 price. My store price matched Google Play for me, but it's not hard to see the price being different.

• Like 1

So there have been no new rumors or leaks since the Twitter/Google+ postings that got pulled down.  Do the masses feel that 9/3 is still going to be the date?

• Like 1

If i buy this unlocked either through Moto BB or Amazon, how will i activate it? I have a G3; just pop in my Sprint sim card in there??

The 2015 Moto X requires a 4FF nano SIM.  I do not recall if the LG G3 uses the same or a 3FF micro SIM.  Even if you do not require a new SIM, you will need to contact CS to activate the CDMA2000 side of the service.

AJ

• Like 3

The 2015 Moto X requires a 4FF nano SIM. I do not recall if the LG G3 uses the same or a 3FF micro SIM. Even if you do not require a new SIM, you will need to contact CS to activate the CDMA2000 side of the service.

AJ

Thx for a quick reply

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk