Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

So I went back to the well of the @marceloclaure twitter account to try to get answers on why carrier aggregation is not working on the MXPE.  The first response I got was "The device doesn't have the built in antennas for band 41."   That was roughly the response I expected, so I sent back a message from the FCC docs regarding the certification for B41 CA and B41 support in general.  Not sure I'll get anywhere, but might end up with something new...

Also, I was on the Wall article from last summer about this device and I notice that there is now a bold red line that the B41 CA may not work with the MXPE.  I have no clue when that was added or who added it.  There is no information in the comments or anything I could find in this thread.  Any idea who or when that was added and why?

So I went back to the well of the @marceloclaure twitter account to try to get answers on why carrier aggregation is not working on the MXPE. The first response I got was "The device doesn't have the built in antennas for band 41." That was roughly the response I expected, so I sent back a message from the FCC docs regarding the certification for B41 CA and B41 support in general. Not sure I'll get anywhere, but might end up with something new...

Also, I was on the Wall article from last summer about this device and I notice that there is now a bold red line that the B41 CA may not work with the MXPE. I have no clue when that was added or who added it. There is no information in the comments or anything I could find in this thread. Any idea who or when that was added and why?

I gave up after talking to ALL the companies having to do with this issue.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I gave up after talking to ALL the companies having to do with this issue.

Did you get anything solid from anyone?

Not at all. Even Qualcomm said the device is capable but just not enabled.

So who enables it, Motorola with a firmware/radio update or Sprint with a network update?

So who enables it, Motorola with a firmware/radio update or Sprint with a network update?

Motorola should via an update. So you ask them, and they don't have a "timeframe" at this time.

Phone just popped up and said SD card removed but it's been fine and in a otterbox, just set it on my desk and that notification popped up. Could it be the phone or card don't know yet, I have it set to merge the internal and SD card as one.

Is there a way to test a SD card, I think mine died. Hope not I have stuff I need off it and pictures.

Sometimes (rarely) they go bad n corrupt.

Hello everyone. I just picked up my new Moto X Pure on Friday and I am enjoying it very much (expect for the fact that I need a new SIM card so technically its not in service yet). I came from an old Samsung Note and decided to go with this phone after a lot of compliments and good reviews. While searching through S4GRU I found this thread... I haven't read through the posts yet but I hope there is some real world reviews and good stuff about this phone. :D

• Like 2

Ca doesn't work on att either. Seems most carriers are taking this action against non branded devices. Volte is the other target.

FYI 6.0.1 for 1572 is rolling out now. I'm running it and it is much smoother then 6.0 so something to look forward to.

FYI 6.0.1 for 1572 is rolling out now. I'm running it and it is much smoother then 6.0 so something to look forward to.

Did you an update notification? I got a security patch update a few days ago but not 6.0.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I'm traveling in Canada and can't get any GSM data to work with the Moto x pure. I have Sprint open world so it should be working. Voice and text work, but nada on data. Network is set to global, and I've updated profile.

Any suggestions ?

Hey everyone. I'm traveling in Canada and can't get any GSM data to work with the Moto x pure. I have Sprint open world so it should be working. Voice and text work, but nada on data. Network is set to global, and I've updated profile.

Any suggestions ?

You'll need to contact sprint international support. Usually it'd account settings that they mess with.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

You'll need to contact sprint international support. Usually it'd account settings that they mess with.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I called them.. They can't figure it out. What's weird the Moto x has no screen for APN settings and things like that. I think sprint just has their setup wrong for this phone. It also became obvious that they are not as good supporting phones they don't sell.

I called them.. They can't figure it out. What's weird the Moto x has no screen for APN settings and things like that. I think sprint just has their setup wrong for this phone. It also became obvious that they are not as good supporting phones they don't sell.

Wireless operators are never as good at supporting devices that they do not sell.

They are not obligated to do so.  And do not expect otherwise.  That just is the reality of the current situation.

AJ

Any suggestions ?

Under one of the standard user facing (not hidden) data settings menus on the handset, be sure that international data roaming is toggled on.

My experience with at least one other handset when traveling to Canada a few years ago is that the international data roaming setting is toggled off by default.  Even though I had paid for a Canada/Mexico data roaming allotment, I was puzzled why I had no data when I crossed the border.  Well, I had no data until I went into the settings and toggled on international data roaming.

My Sprint postpaid SIM currently is in my Nexus 5X, my AT&T prepaid SIM in my 2015 Moto X.  Otherwise, I would check out the data roaming settings myself.  Maybe the international data roaming toggle is missing.  The Nexus 5X has only one data roaming toggle -- all or nothing for both domestic and international data roaming.  Or the Nexus 5X could have trouble in Canada, too.

AJ