Google Nexus 5X by LG (codename "Bullhead")

PythonFanPA

Motorola is hitting the $400 price point with the X Pure next month, using Snapdragon 808 and parts largely comparable to other 2015 flagships, so LG should be able to do the same especially with a smaller display.

Specs leak!

http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/08/03/google-nexus-5-huawei-nexus-specs-leaked/

The buzz is Snapdragon 620 using new ARM cores, cortex A72. Camera f/1.8, laser autofocus, OIS. USB type C.

I think this sounds pretty great.

If these are the specs (especially being a 5.2 inch display, nothing bigger), then I'm definitely getting this!

• Like 1

That sounds a bit too good to be true. Apparently the commenters on that article seem to agree. If it is true, I don't care at all about the price, it will be mine.

I've said several times over that I'm done with Samsung BUT I do love a good camera, which the Nexus' have lacked. If they actually use that LG camera module then I'm willing to trade off the sealed up battery (my other real bugaboo), for Nexus bloat-free-ness and fast updates (why I skipped the G4). I'm giving up on water resistance, it seems crazy that more people don't demand that from their devices, but whatever.

I don't see why this wouldn't be the specs for that price. Several other flagships (Motorola, Oneplus, etc) are doing similar specs for that price.

If there really are two nexus devices this year, one an LG n5 successor and one Hawaei phablet to succeed the n6 I'll be interested to see how they handle naming them. If the 2015 'n5' is even 80% of the supposed specs then my household will be getting three of them this year.

I thought the 820 was the best chip/processor?

Whats the 620? Isnt the 810 what was in the lg flex?

Actually benchmarks better than the 810 in most areas:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/620

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Cortex-A72-powered-Snapdragon-620-posts-impressive-benchmark-results_id70785

The 820 won't be available until 2016 (reportedly).  The 620 seems like a very capable chip.  I wouldn't worry about this at all. 

• Like 1

It's a render reportedly built from factory specs, but I like it: 

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-nexus-5-2015-re-created-using-factory-schematics-rear-fingerprint-scanner-shown

Some may complain that it's plain looking (again, its a render, materials could be who knows), but if the build quality is legit, this will be a great phone. 

• Like 1

It's a render reportedly built from factory specs, but I like it:

http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-nexus-5-2015-re-created-using-factory-schematics-rear-fingerprint-scanner-shown

Some may complain that it's plain looking (again, its a render, materials could be who knows), but if the build quality is legit, this will be a great phone.

Can't wait! Still on my Nexus 5 original and looking for an upgrade. I'm excited to try the dual speaker set up and a good camera on a phone. The fingerprint sensor will also help me deal with a very over protective IT department as they disabled all the Google smart unlocks.
  • Like 1

For those that have a Nexus 5 or 6 and may be monitoring this thread, if you DO NOT buy a phone directly from Sprint (on subsidy or lease), so direct buy through Google or whoever, can you apply the TEP to it?  I wasn't sure since TEP works through a 3rd party Asurion for repairs and replacements.  The website where it lists phones does show the Nexus 6 as supported, but Sprint does sell that phone.  Not that I would get it, but wondering.  Phones do have issues often and I know that has been a hassle in the past for Nexus 5 owners so I've heard. 

For those that have a Nexus 5 or 6 and may be monitoring this thread, if you DO NOT buy a phone directly from Sprint (on subsidy or lease), so direct buy through Google or whoever, can you apply the TEP to it? I wasn't sure since TEP works through a 3rd party Asurion for repairs and replacements. The website where it lists phones does show the Nexus 6 as supported, but Sprint does sell that phone. Not that I would get it, but wondering. Phones do have issues often and I know that has been a hassle in the past for Nexus 5 owners so I've heard.

Sprint will pretty much always allow TEP to be added whenever you activate a phone. At least on my plan. I can still add TEP to my HTC One M8.

Sent from my M8

I see.  So the 2015 LG Nexus 5 is the 2012 HTC One X -- with a fingerprint scanner.

jfayae.jpg

AJ

• Like 3

I see. So the 2015 LG Nexus 5 is the 2012 HTC One X -- with a fingerprint scanner.

AJ

Fine by me. I always thought the original One X looked great.
  • Like 1

I seem to be in the minority if you go by reddit comments, etc but I really like the look of this phone.

I find it ok. I prefer the rubberized feel and look of the nexus 5 original. Also, the camera module looks funky like it is a growth coming out of the phone.

I seem to be in the minority if you go by reddit comments, etc but I really like the look of this phone.

The size is perfect!  It's just about the same size as my HTC One M8.  So I don't mind that at all.  My only gripe will likely be battery size.  I really hope LG throws in at least 3,000 MAh.  I usually throw a case on my phone now but I really do like the looks of it, too.

rumors has it 31xx MAh +    so hope thats true

The size is perfect!  It's just about the same size as my HTC One M8.  So I don't mind that at all.  My only gripe will likely be battery size.  I really hope LG throws in at least 3,000 MAh.  I usually throw a case on my phone now but I really do like the looks of it, too.

• Like 1

Is there a source for the 'leaked' photo? With AJ's post I'm highly skeptical that LG would make a phone so close to a competitors old phone, generations old especially. 

Is there a source for the 'leaked' photo? With AJ's post I'm highly skeptical that LG would make a phone so close to a competitors old phone, generations old especially.

The only resemblance is the camera. The texture on the back, speakers on the front, and LED/ fingerprint scanner are large differentiators.

Sent from my M8

The only resemblance is the camera. The texture on the back, speakers on the front, and LED/ fingerprint scanner are large differentiators.

Sent from my M8

When I look at it, I see literally the same phone with a different camera hole/led and an included finger print scanner. Which are small changes to make in a cad file to have it print the new 'N5'. I was just curious where you found it, because I haven't really been keeping tracks of the leaks/rumors except for this thread, and I wanted to start :P.

For reference, here's the HTC One X in it's entirety:

20120607T125403.jpeg

I always thought it looked awesome, but in 2015 the front does look a bit dated.

And here's the unofficial render of the 2015 Nexus 5:

lg-nexus-5-2015-render.jpg

• Like 1

I'll note that this leaked "real life" photo matches the "unofficial" render almost perfectly, so the front may very well end up looking like the render photo.

lg-nexus-5-2015-render-6.jpg

When I look at it, I see literally the same phone with a different camera hole/led and an included finger print scanner. Which are small changes to make in a cad file to have it print the new 'N5'. I was just curious where you found it, because I haven't really been keeping tracks of the leaks/rumors except for this thread, and I wanted to start :P.

www.reddit.com/r/android

Typically always has leaks and it seems to be getting quite a bit of coverage now.