Google Nexus 5X by LG (codename "Bullhead")

PythonFanPA

I'm much more concerned about the battery life rumored for the new nexus 5. Still under 3000.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Agreed.  TBH the Nexus 5 battery should be above 3000 maH.  I could care less about an extra 0.1 or 0.2 mm thicker to have a beefier battery.  A 3300 maH battery would be nice.

If it's LG with their improved camera & decent battery size, I shall be getting this to replace my N5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The only thing that might lure me away from my Nexus 5 would be a huge battery. That has been my only disappointment with the phone, but Android M is a lot better on battery so far than Lollipop so I may be holding onto my Nexus 5 for another cycle. Every phone I have bought has been to upgrade RF features, I'm hoping the 2015 Nexus 5 doesn't disappoint in that department.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I have been holding onto our G2's as they have been excellent phones and we don't really want to go to a bigger size of the G3/4. A 5.2" Nexus would be a dream come true especially if it includes all the roaming LTE bands and CA.

• Like 6

My wife and I have been holding onto our G2's as they have been excellent phones and we don't really want to go to a bigger size of the G3/4. A 5.2" Nexus would be a dream come true especially if it includes all the roaming LTE bands and CA.

I am in the same boat as you man in terms of having the G2 currently and looking to upgrade.  Since my 2 year upgrade isn't up until Oct, this will probably be my first time I am looking at buying a Nexus device this time.  I am hoping it does stay true to the 5.2 inch screen and hopefully it comes with a USB type-C port.

• Like 1

Comprehensive LTE band coverage is guaranteed -- because the combination of AT&T and T-Mobile will require bands 4/5/12.  Band 41 CA is no given, however.

AJ

• Like 1

Comprehensive LTE band coverage is guaranteed -- because the combination of AT&T and T-Mobile will require bands 4/5/12.  Band 41 CA is no given, however.

AJ

I have a good feeling it'll support B41 CA, because the last variant supported the other carriers CA.  But, I'm only assuming.  The whole "I missed out" on the latest network tech is usually those on the Note line.

• Like 1

I have a good feeling it'll support B41 CA, because the last variant supported the other carriers CA.

Other domestic operators' CA is a different animal -- inter band CA between low band and mid band spectrum.  Sprint is the only one pursuing intra band CA, and it is in high band spectrum.  So, in a jack of all trades Nexus handset, do not rule out Sprint capable CA, but certainly do not count on it.

AJ

Other domestic operators' CA is a different animal -- inter band CA between low band and mid band spectrum. Sprint is the only one pursuing intra band CA, and it is in high band spectrum. So, in a jack of all trades Nexus handset, do not rule out Sprint capable CA, but certainly do not count on it.

AJ

Wouldn't it essentially be easier to aggregate a single band rather than two separate bands? I mean, the signal levels should be exactly the same, coming from the same panel and all.

Sent from my M8

Wouldn't it essentially be easier to aggregate a single band rather than two separate bands?

Not if the two intra band carriers require separate RF transceiver ports. And not when the two carriers exceed 20 MHz of aggregated bandwidth. The first may be an issue. The second definitely has been a limitation.

I mean, the signal levels should be exactly the same, coming from the same panel and all.

You might be surprised. The signal levels between the two carriers may be close, but they rarely will be exactly the same.

AJ

• Like 2

The only thing that might lure me away from my Nexus 5 would be a huge battery. That has been my only disappointment with the phone, but Android M is a lot better on battery so far than Lollipop so I may be holding onto my Nexus 5 for another cycle. Every phone I have bought has been to upgrade RF features, I'm hoping the 2015 Nexus 5 doesn't disappoint in that department.

LG and Nexus constantly do very well in regards to RF performance so, unless it turns out to be a lemon, I don't think we will have to worry about suffering in the RF department. 

LG and Nexus constantly do very well in regards to RF performance so, unless it turns out to be a lemon, I don't think we will have to worry about suffering in the RF department. 

From what I hear, the N5 was only good on Sprint, RF-wise.  I hear complaints about it from T-Mobile and AT&T users.  Especially AT&T users.  Odd, because I only hear complaints from Sprint users regarding the Nexus 6. Something about texts failing over LTE or of the like.

• Like 1

MMS fail over LTE for my wife and I all the time on our G2s. A toggle of airplane mode is often required for the image to download. I assume it is a Sprint issue not a handset issue because it affects both of us.

From what I hear, the N5 was only good on Sprint, RF-wise. I hear complaints about it from T-Mobile and AT&T users. Especially AT&T users. Odd, because I only hear complaints from Sprint users regarding the Nexus 6. Something about texts failing over LTE or of the like.

Well, technically the N5 is not an officially supported device by at&t so that might be one reason it's not the best on that network.

While RF performance is important to me, my upgrades have been for actual radio changes. My first real upgrade was to get evdo rev.a, then wimax, then lte, then triband. I don't know if I'll upgrade just for 2x CA on band 41 if that's all the new nexus has.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

While RF performance is important to me, my upgrades have been for actual radio changes. My first real upgrade was to get evdo rev.a, then wimax, then lte, then triband. I don't know if I'll upgrade just for 2x CA on band 41 if that's all the new nexus has.

I understand, and that certainly makes sense to me.  The only additional thought I have is, just keep in mind that it doesn't matter what radio tech you have if it has poor RF performance.  

• Like 1

I understand, and that certainly makes sense to me. The only additional thought I have is, just keep in mind that it doesn't matter what radio tech you have if it has poor RF performance.

For sure, that was one of the main factors when I bought my nexus 5. So many were posting about it being a RF powerhouse, I bought it much sooner than I had planned. I was going to hold out until other lte bands were deployed in my area.

• Like 1

My N5 on AT&T works great. Data, voice, mms, texts - all reliable & fast. I connect to band 2, 4, and 17 & hardly ever fall down to HSPA.

I wish LG would quickly officially confirm or deny the N5 so I can begin planning.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

From what I hear, the N5 was only good on Sprint, RF-wise. I hear complaints about it from T-Mobile and AT&T users. Especially AT&T users. Odd, because I only hear complaints from Sprint users regarding the Nexus 6. Something about texts failing over LTE or of the like.

My Nexus 5 on AT&T was solid, except on the Cellular band WCDMA. Where it was acceptable, but not as good as PCS/AWS. LTE on the Cellular band was fine, though.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Specs leak!

http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/08/03/google-nexus-5-huawei-nexus-specs-leaked/

The buzz is Snapdragon 620 using new ARM cores, cortex A72. Camera f/1.8, laser autofocus, OIS. USB type C.

I think this sounds pretty great.

From what I'm hearing, the SD 620 should have similar performance to the SD 810, minus the heat. :P  Makes me wonder how well the 820 will be late this year/early next year.

I've read those specs came accross the original on Reddit. They sound so perfect of balance its hard to believe this would be possible at a 400 dollar price point. It would legit be the best all around device from a specifications stand point released this year. I would not complain. But I am suspect and really dont want to get my hope up!

Specs leak!

http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/08/03/google-nexus-5-huawei-nexus-specs-leaked/

The buzz is Snapdragon 620 using new ARM cores, cortex A72. Camera f/1.8, laser autofocus, OIS. USB type C.

I think this sounds pretty great.

That sounds a bit too good to be true.  Apparently the commenters on that article seem to agree.  If it is true, I don't care at all about the price, it will be mine.  

I've said several times over that I'm done with Samsung BUT I do love a good camera, which the Nexus' have lacked.  If they actually use that LG camera module then I'm willing to trade off the sealed up battery (my other real bugaboo), for Nexus bloat-free-ness and fast updates (why I skipped the G4).  I'm giving up on water resistance, it seems crazy that more people don't demand that from their devices, but whatever.