Google Nexus 5X by LG (codename "Bullhead")

PythonFanPA

The Nexus 5X box has a very similar symbol from the computer game DOTA 2.  If you guys don't know what DOTA is, do a google search for "Dota 2 logo" and you'll see what I mean.

Damn according to amazon India leak the Nexus 5X is only going to have 2 GB RAM and start with 16 GB version base  :(.  I hope this is not true.

http://bgr.com/2015/09/23/nexus-5x-6p-image-leaks-amazon/

Finally, Amazon India is already listing the Nexus 5X, though the handset can’t beordered at this time. Pricing details aren’t mentioned, but Amazon reveals much of the hardware inside the phone. According to the listing, the Nexus 5X has a 5.2-inch display with Full HD resolution, 1.8GHz hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor, 2GB of RAM 16GB of storage, a 12.3-megapixel camera, a 5-megapixel selfie shooter, and a 2,700 mAh battery.

The listing also says the Nexus 5X is made by LG, with model number LG-H791, and that it’ll be available in three colors including Ice Blue, Charcoal Black and Quartz White.

I still am expecting 3 GB of ram and 16/32 GB ram storage sizes. I am a little skeptical of that leak as it lists the weight at 175g which is as heavy as Samsung's Note line with much bigger screens and battery. I still think it will come with 3 GB of ram.

I'll have to see how the battery life compares to the Moto X pure.

Edit: actually looking at the sizing specs the amazon india links listed I think they got some specs for the Nexus P intermixed as the size looks like it would be for a 5.7" phone in which case the weight makes sense

I still am expecting 3 GB of ram and 16/32 GB ram storage sizes. I am a little skeptical of that leak as it lists the weight at 175g which is as heavy as Samsung's Note line with much bigger screens and battery. I still think it will come with 3 GB of ram.

Edit: actually looking at the sizing specs the amazon india links listed I think they got some specs for the Nexus P intermixed as the size looks like it would be for a 5.7" phone in which case the weight makes sense

3GB is a necessary upgrade imo. My Moto G has 2GB of RAM and it's considered mid-tier.

I'm hoping the specs are off. Battery is kind of little too but we'll see.

Sent from my M8

3GB is a necessary upgrade imo. My Moto G has 2GB of RAM and it's considered mid-tier.

I'm hoping the specs are off. Battery is kind of little too but we'll see.

Sent from my M8

I hope the leaked specs are wrong in the RAM and storage size department. I would be disappointed in 2 GB RAM since I think 3 GB RAM is good enough.  32 GB storage should be the base model with 32 GB and 64 GB storage options.

I know people want lower costs on Nexus phones but I hate these trade offs.  I would rather pay a bit more so that certain corners are not cut just to ensure a decent spec phone.  The rest of the specs of non 1440p screen resolution and battery of 2700 maH, I have come to accept even though I much prefer at least a 3000 maH battery and the 1440p screen.

I hope the leaked specs are wrong in the RAM and storage size department. I would be disappointed in 2 GB RAM since I think 3 GB RAM is good enough.  32 GB storage should be the base model with 32 GB and 64 GB storage options.

I know people want lower costs on Nexus phones but I hate these trade offs.  I would rather pay a bit more so that certain corners are not cut just to ensure a decent spec phone.  The rest of the specs of non 1440p screen resolution and battery of 2700 maH, I have come to accept even though I much prefer at least a 3000 maH battery and the 1440p screen.

Honestly, if they made the Moto Nexus 6 with a 5" screen, it'd be perfect for me.  I hate that to get a flagship phone with a 5" screen size, you're having to compromise on a number of things.

Honestly, if they made the Moto Nexus 6 with a 5" screen, it'd be perfect for me.  I hate that to get a flagship phone with a 5" screen size, you're having to compromise on a number of things.

I guess the question for you is, do you fall in the camp where you would rather have a fully high end speced phone and pay $649 for base model like the Nexus 6 did or would you rather have a lower cost Nexus like the Nexus 5 and have to compromise on things.  Either way there are disadvantages.  It sounds like from your response you don't mind paying the $649 for the Nexus 6 if the screen was just 5 inches.

Personally for me I hated that $649 price tag since it was too rich and Id rather have a lower priced Nexus phone.  However if $400 gives me these specs from the leak, I would rather pay another $50 bucks ($450 based) to improve on some of the specs like the RAM/storage size.

• Like 1

I guess the question for you is, do you fall in the camp where you would rather have a fully high end speced phone and pay $649 for base model like the Nexus 6 did or would you rather have a lower cost Nexus like the Nexus 5 and have to compromise on things.  Either way there are disadvantages.  It sounds like from your response you don't mind paying the $649 for the Nexus 6 if the screen was just 5 inches.

Personally for me I hated that $649 price tag since it was too rich and Id rather have a lower priced Nexus phone.  However if $400 gives me these specs from the leak, I would rather pay another $50 bucks ($450 based) to improve on some of the specs like the RAM/storage size.

I don't mind the price as much, if I can get it subsidized.  (I'm currently sitting on two upgrades.)

I just don't want a phablet.  If the specs are comparable to the competition's flagships, at the right size, I'd go for it.  Moto especially, considering they're RF geniuses.

If 3000 maH, 1440p, and 3 GB is what you want then the Moto X sounds like the perfect phone for you. I am still leaning that way myself actually but I want to see some comparison reviews between the two before I buy.

• Like 1

Looks like some indian company oust the specs, it ain't looking pretty guys

5.2-inch 2015 LG Nexus has a Full HD display, as well as a hexa-core Snapdragon 808 chip, 2GB RAM, 12.3 and 5MP cameras, 16GB/ 32gb internal storage space, and 2,700 mAh battery.

http://pocketnow.com/2015/09/23/lg-nexus-5x-specs-amazon

I fully expect this phone to be no more than $349 with 32GB.

Also, looks like case makers jumped the gun as usual...

Here is another look at the device.

http://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Essential-Protector-Scratch-Resistant-Protective/dp/B014RS5EZ6/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1443023175&sr=1-4&keywords=nexus+5x

Looks like some indian company oust the specs, it ain't looking pretty guys

5.2-inch 2015 LG Nexus has a Full HD display, as well as a hexa-core Snapdragon 808 chip, 2GB RAM, 12.3 and 5MP cameras, 16GB/ 32gb internal storage space, and 2,700 mAh battery.

http://pocketnow.com/2015/09/23/lg-nexus-5x-specs-amazon

I fully expect this phone to be no more than $349 with 32GB.

Also, looks like case makers jumped the gun as usual...

Here is another look at the device.

http://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Essential-Protector-Scratch-Resistant-Protective/dp/B014RS5EZ6/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1443023175&sr=1-4&keywords=nexus+5x

As mentioned above: plenty is wrong with the leaked specs in regards to size and weight so it is also plausible then that the ram spec listed is wrong as well.

As mentioned above: plenty is wrong with the leaked specs in regards to size and weight so it is also plausible then that the ram spec listed is wrong as well.

Looks like it has dual front facing speakers, plus extra electronics for the finger print sensor. I would not be surprised at the added weight.

You can have basically a smaller Nexus 6.  It already exists.  It is called the 2014 Moto X.  And it is really inexpensive now, starting at $300.

AJ

But not on Sprint. That's another issue.

Sure, it is Republic Wireless.  But the SIM card is pure Sprint.  SignalCheck Pro displays the PLMN IDs and provider as Sprint.  So, bar none, you are on the Sprint network.  And with Republic refund, my Republic bill last month was under $20.

AJ

White Nexus 5X for me.

#whitephonesmatter

AJ

• Like 2

White Nexus 5X for me.

#whitephonesmatter

AJ

Same here. 64GB if available.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

If 3000 maH, 1440p, and 3 GB is what you want then the Moto X sounds like the perfect phone for you. I am still leaning that way myself actually but I want to see some comparison reviews between the two before I buy.

I am not too concerned about the 1440p screen anymore and to a certain extent the 2700 maH battery.  I can live with 1080p.  I would much rather have 3 GB RAM and a larger base storage size (32 GB base with 64 GB option).

• Like 3

Have any FCC docs been found on this yet?

Not that I'm aware. I'm waiting to see before I decide between MXPE, N5X or possibly, just maybe, a N6P (albeit unlikely).

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 2

...or possibly, just maybe, a N6P (albeit unlikely).

Mothers would have to shield the eyes of their small children if you carried around that horrific looking thing.

AJ

• Like 3