S4GRU in need of funding...Please help!

S4GRU

S4GRU is dangerously low on funds.  We had very generous donations in November/December that have carried us pretty far into this year.  But those reserves have been depleted.  And if we take in donations in June the same rate as April and May, we will not be able to cover our expenses this month.  We have had a few monthly recurring donations lapse and not be renewed and for the first time this month we had a PayPal check draft donation bounce.  Setting us back over $200.

If you have been considering a donation to support S4GRU, upgrade, renewal, donate toward the gift/scholarship fund, set up a recurring monthly donation or just feeling generous...this is a great time.

We appreciate all of you who have given so generously in the past.  We would appreciate anything you can give now.  With the current costs of S4GRU, I will not be able to float the costs out of pocket myself.  We thank you in advance for your consideration to support S4GRU.

Robert

• Like 10

S4GRU is dangerously low on funds.  We had very generous donations in November/December that have carried us pretty far into this year.  But those reserves have been depleted.  And if we take in donations in June the same rate as May, we will not be able to cover our expenses this month.  We have had a few monthly recurring donations lapse and not be renewed and for the first time this month we had a PayPal check draft donation bounce.  Setting us back over $200.

If you have been considering a donation to support S4GRU, renewal, donate toward the gift/scholarship fund, set up a recurring monthly donation or just feeling generous...this is a great time.

We appreciate all of you who have given so generously in the past.  We would appreciate anything you can give now.  With the current costs of S4GRU, I will not be able to float the costs out of pocket myself.  We thank you in advance for your consideration to support S4GRU.

Robert

I will!! Sad to hear its slowing down, ive noticed the whole site is not as active as last year....

I will!! Sad to hear its slowing down, ive noticed the whole site is not as active as last year....

Most of the people who donated last year still participate.  So not much has changed in that regard.  Much of the drop off is our casual users who just came in to see what Sprint was doing in their neighborhoods during Network Vision.  Thanks for your support.

• Like 4

Most of the people who donated last year still participate.  So not much has changed in that regard.  Much of the drop off is our casual users who just came in to see what Sprint was doing in their neighborhoods during Network Vision.  Thanks for your support.

I can understand that, probably now that a majority of NV is finally done and LTE is available in a lot of places people go to now, must be not as many people are wondering "where is 4GLTE?!?!" as you said. I just helped out some a few minutes ago.  :) 

• Like 6

Just threw a bit your way...Kinda tight in these times with my wife expecting, but still want to help!

• Like 4

Hoping to be able to donate again soon. Just got a bill for $10k in medical expenses last night upon getting home from work, so needless to say ALL of my spending plans are in the air at this point. Economic recovery, schmovery. Womp womp. But hoping to send at least a little your way soon.

• Like 1

I look forward to donating :). Would hate to see something change :/

One thing Sprint really needs to start working on now is GMOs and get LTE to them, that would be nice. However getting 800 on all towers would be even nicer!! 

• Like 1

Hoping to be able to donate again soon. Just got a bill for $10k in medical expenses last night upon getting home from work, so needless to say ALL of my spending plans are in the air at this point. Economic recovery, schmovery. Womp womp. But hoping to send at least a little your way soon.

Understood.  Sorry for your current financial condition.  Hopefully you'll get back on your feet soon!  :thx:

• Like 1

Understood.  Sorry for your current financial condition.  Hopefully you'll get back on your feet soon!   :thx:

Thanks, Robert! My poor wife has been on the phone with the insurance company (which I'm questioning what we're paying for, at this point....) all morning. They do NOT want to have to deal with me. I'm just not a nice person anymore.  :mad:

• Like 1

Donated Robert :)

One thing Sprint really needs to start working on now is GMOs and get LTE to them, that would be nice. However getting 800 on all towers would be even nicer!! 

I have to agree, 800 is lit up everywhere around me. It's pretty nice and convenient to have 800SMR and 800LTE.

• Like 3

Thanks, Robert! My poor wife has been on the phone with the insurance company (which I'm questioning what we're paying for, at this point....) all morning. They do NOT want to have to deal with me. I'm just not a nice person anymore. :mad:

I hope you're able to get the medical stuff resolved well, Daniel. I know how stressful it is. If you need any help with it, please let me know.

Also, there is something I've been thinking about a bit recently, and just trying to figure out how to say it and when to do so, as I mean this in the best possible way. I know S4GRU is meant as a primary site for Sprint network information, and as helpful as the site is for that, it also sets the site up for less activity and potentially less funding as Sprint's network improvement projects slow down.

My idea is, what about the possibility of eventually developing this site into a wireless forum for all the carriers. I know there is HowardForum, but that site is full of ads and just isn't as good as it was many years ago. The site use to be more community oriented, similar to S4GRU, but now is more like a bulletin board, one which is full of ads.

S4GRU, with its community membership-focused donation-driven operation, is one I think would work exceptionally well for a new multi-carrier wireless forum, and would ensure a manageable source of funding for a long time. Again, I mean well by this suggestion, nothing against S4GRU for what it is, only trying to suggest a way to keep this site growing so that it can continue being funded well enough into the future while still able to be online with all the features which make this site great.

• Like 2

Donated Robert :)

I have to agree, 800 is lit up everywhere around me. It's pretty nice and convenient to have 800SMR and 800LTE.

Your lucky that Syracuse didnt have to worry about 800 like us in Rochester

• Like 2

Your lucky that Syracuse didnt have to worry about 800 like us in Rochester

There is no 800 LTE live in Syracuse yet just 1x, even though they are allowed to and able to broadcast it.

• Like 1

Lets keep this thread alive! I give thanks to Robert, AJ, the rest of the S4GRU staff and members for sharing their knowledge and passion for wireless with me. I've certainly learned more here than any tech site I've ever frequented. And while I don't know or understand enough to add much to the conversation in a technical capacity, I sure enjoy the ride. Donation sent [emoji106]????

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Donation coming.  Currently hosted by Invision Power?  Would it be possible to lower the average online users at once to lower the cost?

• Like 3

Donation coming. Currently hosted by Invision Power? Would it be possible to lower the average online users at once to lower the cost?

ooh, I didn't notice the mention of it being hosted by Invision, though I knew this was their software.

The hosted plans are very expensive! Back when planning several forum projects with friends in the rtd movement and some other human rights ones in the past, I often looked at getting the hosted if we thought we could get enough donations in for the plans with enough online users at once, which we would have needed over a hundred dollars per month for. Now I certainly can tell why this is a bind for Robert and I definitely don't think the site should go lower in plans. It wouldn't work out with what the site needs with more contributing members. Although, it also is a risk trying to get more members here if they don't end up paying then Invision tells Robert he needs to upgrade his plan.

I'd donate more if I could.