S4GRU Members Average Monthly Data Usage (with Poll)

Arysyn

S4GRU Members Average Monthly Data Usage  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Your Average Monthly Data Usage, is

Hi Everyone!

I had an idea for a poll, which I did a search for on here, just in case this already had been done here before, though I couldn't find any indication of it, so now I'm creating it.

As a former admin of mostly health-related sites, I loved having polls, as it was a great way of getting people to learn more general knowledge of other people's issues, ideas, etc. This poll post here is that I'm hoping will help start a discussion of data usage habits and such, while it also would be interesting to see how much data Sprint gets through its network from people on this site.

• Like 1

BTW, I just now selected the choice for between 15gb - 30gb monthly as my usage. I think this range of usage is going to become the typical average, if it isn't already.

Don't let AJ know that your using that much data per month...lol   :nono:  

• Like 2

I am assuming you mean wireless data usage.  My fiancee and I share a 2GB Sprint family share plan and usually use about 1.5GB between the two of us.

- Trip

• Like 1

I use 10-15GB. Mostly for tethering on AT&T, working on S4GRU at work and on the road. I have a 30GB AT&T family plan that I share. I also have a 4 GB VZW hotspot plan that I use as a backup in places with no AT&T signal, or the AT&T network is too slow.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am assuming you mean wireless data usage.  My fiancee and I share a 2GB Sprint family share plan and usually use about 1.5GB between the two of us.

- Trip

Yes, wireless data usage typically used, not the plan subscribed to.

I'll go see if I can find how much. I'm positive I use a lot.

From January and back, I was through straight talk.

How in the hell did you use 141 gigs in a month?!...... ????

• Like 5

2 days left in this cycle and I am at 29.98gb.

This my heaviest usage month by far - other months are all 17gb or less.

Used a lot of tethering over the past 3 weeks (work and kids iPads) + a metric crapload of speed tests.

How in the hell did you use 141 gigs in a month?!...... ????

Download your entire music and movie collection from Google Play? Five times... ????

It sure is a lot. My wife and I are usually around 5GB each, but some months can be as high as 10GB each. Just depends how much we're out of the house. At home, we mostly use our wifi connection, even though it's dsl and slower than most everyone else has.

Sent from my Note 4.

How in the hell did you use 141 gigs in a month?!......

Most likely, performing certain data activities that violate the contractual Ts and Cs.  But that is cool, lol.

;)

AJ

• Like 5

Most likely, performing certain data activities that violate the contractual Ts and Cs. But that is cool, lol.

;)

AJ

That's what I was assuming (what most of us on here would assume). I was hoping it's prompt a further explanation/breakdown from him.

I've been getting into the 6-10 gb range. Streaming netflix and hulu over LTE def doesnt help. That and  I pretty much do not use anything but spotify while there, or in my car. And I don't bother connecting to public wifi in most places because half the time my LTE is faster. 

How in the hell did you use 141 gigs in a month?!......

Me and my friends.. Every night, we've watched ton's of shows on my phone and their are so many apps for Cable now. I can watch live games and tv too.

Edited by awsum gam3r