Sprint Home Wifi Router [Wi-Fi Connect][Asus AC66u]

marioc21

Is it possible to run this router in AP mode?

I don't know. I don't recall seeing a setting for that. My linksys didn't have a setting for bridge or AP mode either and it works just leaving it in router mode. My linksys is my secondary access point which I won't use as much.

Sent from my Note 4.

Just got a UPS Delivery Notice that an attempt was made to deliver the router, but nobody was around to sign for it, so they put it back on the truck instead of leaving it for me to play with tonight. Grr.

That is strange. I just got one from a UPS driver and did not sign anything. I have the router working and made a few Wi-Fi calls.

They were perfect.    I will wait a few days until I say this is the answer to the Wi-Fi calling issues however.

Got mine today! Side note...I have an Airave 2.5+ on my account as well. Wifi Connect router is working great!

I re-setup the whole home network, put my Fios Actiontec in bridge mode so I'm not using it for anything but passing the WAN IP directly to the sprint asus router. Things are much faster now!

• Like 1

Got mine today! Side note...I have an Airave 2.5+ on my account as well. Wifi Connect router is working great!

I re-setup the whole home network, put my Fios Actiontec in bridge mode so I'm not using it for anything but passing the WAN IP directly to the sprint asus router. Things are much faster now!

I have the fios gateway router which i am going to switch with my gf for the actiontec. No point in keeping it since ill have the wifi off on it.

As a side note i do have a airave 2.5+ as well.

I have the fios gateway router which i am going to switch with my gf for the actiontec. No point in keeping it since ill have the wifi off on it.

As a side note i do have a airave 2.5+ as well.

If you have FiOS tv service, the verizon provided router is required to be on the moca network with the set top boxes for several features such as on demand and the on screen guide to work.

Have your ONT provisioned for ethernet, and you can bypass that router completely.

Have your ONT provisioned for ethernet, and you can bypass that router completely.

Have you ever called Verizon CS? I own the Actiontec and it only took a few mins to put it in bridge mode, which gives the Asus WAN a public IP. Maybe one day I'll take the time to do Ethernet from the ONT...lol

Have you ever called Verizon CS? I own the Actiontec and it only took a few mins to put it in bridge mode, which gives the Asus WAN a public IP. Maybe one day I'll take the time to do Ethernet from the ONT...lol

Yes, it only takes a few minutes over the phone. You may even be able to do it over chat support, I haven't tried it that way though.

Yes, it only takes a few minutes over the phone.

When I tried last summer when I got a N66u, Verizon told me my ONT didn't have Ethernet, so I hung up and tried again...this person said they needed to send someone out to do it. So I gave up...and just used the N66u as an AP.

Got my WiFi Connect set up. Haven't had a chance to make a test call yet, but wifi calling is turned back on on my phone.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I called a second time (after ordering the router) to ask for help with my Airave and they were like "duh, you have a 2.0 you need the 2.5, we'll send it right out you'll have it in two business days." These people are the best

• Like 1

I love this router! I now have almost full wifi signal over my entire yard. Before, the back 50' was no wifi or maybe 1 bar (iPhone has 3 bar wifi signal meter). Now I have a strong 2 up to 3 bars, and that's through 2 rows of thick trees. Sprint really made an awesome decision with the Home Wifi Router!

I love this router! I now have almost full wifi signal over my entire yard. Before, the back 50' was no wifi or maybe 1 bar (iPhone has 3 bar wifi signal meter). Now I have a strong 2 up to 3 bars, and that's through 2 rows of thick trees. Sprint really made an awesome decision with the Home Wifi Router!

*mumble mumble router still not delivered here rabble rabble*

• Like 1

*mumble mumble router still not delivered here rabble rabble*

Didn't you order yours before me? If so, when is it supposed to deliver?

Didn't you order yours before me? If so, when is it supposed to deliver?

soon™ :|

I'll probably call them tomorow to check up on the status of it. 

If you have FiOS tv service, the verizon provided router is required to be on the moca network with the set top boxes for several features such as on demand and the on screen guide to work.

I am well aware it is still needed. You should reread my post as no where it states i am getting rid of it. Just switching with my gf so she can have the quantum gateway router and ill have her actiontec.

As a side note. It is possible to do away with the verizon router entirely. The only feature lost is being able to set dvr recording remotely. Father is a verizon fios tech.

Please clarify what the "awesome decision" that Sprint made really means..someone still needs a wi-fi calling capable

phone..correct?  So are they giving away this router for "free" to those poor souls who have no 3G signal at home

for voice calling?  I believe my wife is the only person left who actually uses a phone for voice..I would guess most

of us in here already have wireless routers in our homes using incoming fiber for internet and thusly a generous

smattering of wifi thru our abodes..PR move?  Must be something here I'm missing...another piece of hardware

in my house and my wife will put me out with the trash along with this router..

It means it's great to use with wifi calling with the added bonus of it being a great router. Also all you need is a phone with wifi calling to get the router. They don't ask about the coverage at your house.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Honestly...if I knew how to setup QOS for Sprint wifi calling on my old Asus N66U, I would have. But I don't. So the QOS is a huge perk for me. I re-setup my entire home network, to ensure that the wifi calling would get prioritized over all traffic. Previously I had other items connected in the network before my wireless access point (N66U). So this I'm hopeful will help. My wife was having some wifi calling issues with our old router when we were streaming, and we have 50/50Mbps FiOS.