I see the value in a combined network, for the past few years Sprint has just stalled and hasn't improved much. So if the merger fails and Sprint just becomes a small carrier in specific areas it has no value to me.
I will move also. My decision will come once the merger is decided. If approved, I will likely take one of the cheaper New T Mobile plans.
If Merger is rejected, I will probably have to go to an MVNO like Google or Mint Mobile. I have a 1 person plan (1 line) and there are no deals. Yes, I know places like Mint have $15 plans now...but I want to stay with a major carrier for international travel and for other personal reasons. Family plans get all the deals. I can't justify paying $71 / month with little under 1 gig of internet used each month. I just bought out my phone (Samsung 9+ from Sprint) and it's now unlocked. I'm just waiting for the decision. I'm hoping it goes through, because I too, believe the combined network will be incredible and I would like to use T Mobile's home wireless video service once it gets off the ground.
You are on a ship you don't want to be on and will only jump after a failed merger? Why not just jump now, or a long time ago?
I jumped ship myself recently, but not because of the merger. I had a great post-paid plan but it still sucks paying $102.53/mo for two lines for essentially internet where combined less than 12GB/mo are consumed. Moved to save money. Now have 3 lines, pay for Hulu and still save $67/mo.