Sprint Home Wifi Router [Wi-Fi Connect][Asus AC66u]

marioc21

Just called and got the "wifi router" ordered!

Looks like the reps got their monday training or at least some of them did!

Requirements AFAIK

--------------------------

1) You calling in to inquire about it

2) At least 1 Wi-Fi calling capable device on account

3) "Bad" existing wifi coverage and you complaining about crappy sprint signal

4) One of the compatible high speed internet providers (they will ask you for it and check a compatible list)

What menu options do I choose once I call in since all I get is the regular automated service options.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

What menu options do I choose once I call in since all I get is the regular automated service options.

Choose all the way to speak with a live repsentative. 

1-5-5-5 i believe?

Funny thing is the number on the FAQ for the wifi router has you call advanced network support for help and info.. (aka the airave department). 

The rep I'm speaking with is trying to get me a free AIRAVE instead of the WiFi Connect. She must not of had the same training lilotimz's rep had. :)

The rep I'm speaking with is trying to get me a free AIRAVE instead of the WiFi Connect. She must not of had the same training lilotimz's rep had. :)

I'm only eligible for the AIRAVE for now, apparently -- at least, that's what the system told the rep. I have no idea what I need to do in order to get my account eligible for the WiFi Connect... anyone have any ideas?

im talking to a guy who knows about the wifi router he's checking to see if im eligible right now.

I'm only eligible for the AIRAVE for now, apparently -- at least, that's what the system told the rep. I have no idea what I need to do in order to get my account eligible for the WiFi Connect... anyone have any ideas?

Ask to transfer to the advanced network support department (aka airave support) if the normal reps can't do anything for you. The router FAQ did say to contact that department if you have any questions... 

• Like 1

Ask to transfer to the advanced network support department (aka airave support) if the normal reps can't do anything for you. The router FAQ did say to contact that department if you have any questions... 

Good call. I'll do that now.

Good call. I'll do that now.

I called the advanced network support line and mine is ordered.

• Like 1

I called the advanced network support line and mine is ordered.

I'm in the process of ordering mine now. What a cluster... I think I've lost about 90 minutes of my day talking to reps. :)

• Like 1

I'm in the process of ordering mine now. What a cluster... I think I've lost about 90 minutes of my day talking to reps. :)

Welp. Just kidding. They tried to get me on EasyPay for a 'pocket hotspot' for 'wifi access' for my 'laptop.'

I'll try again later and call the advanced network support line directly instead of getting transferred all over the place.

• Like 1

Just got it by calling 1-866-556-7310 delivery in 3 to 5 business days.

Same here - it was a 5 minute call. I should have called them direct first!

Just got it by calling 1-866-556-7310 delivery in 3 to 5 business days.

I used that number to order one, thanks! Took just a few minutes, even though the person I talked to wasn't sure of the order process yet.

Like the website says to do...

Eh, to be fair, they had 888-211-4727 listed on the landing page. That set off the wild goose chase through CS transfer phone hell.

• Like 1

Remember.

556-7310 is the advance network support team for a reason. People don't get transfered to them unless requested or someone calls them because they were given their number. These reps know exactly what they're doing, is usually well informed, and actually care about their work.

211-4272 is just the standard sprint support number with a huge pool of reps with various training that you get connected to for any reason really. 

• Like 2

FYI to your Nexus folks, even after stating I make most of my calls over Wifi via google voice (which I do) and checking with the supervisor, there was no way the rep could find to override it and put a order through.

You MUST have a wifi calling phone on your account (as others have stated, I just wanted to try). So...theyre sending me an updated airrave...meh. 

Now, how to get a wifi calling phone on my account for a few days....

FYI to your Nexus folks, even after stating I make most of my calls over Wifi via google voice (which I do) and checking with the supervisor, there was no way the rep could find to override it and put a order through.

You MUST have a wifi calling phone on your account (as others have stated, I just wanted to try). So...theyre sending me an updated airrave...meh. 

Now, how to get a wifi calling phone on my account for a few days....

If you have a phone that is capable of WI-FI calling, you can turn it on yourself, at least on Android.  You will need to get into settings, turn it on and get your address set up for 911 calls.  Make a call .It will use Wi-Fi for the call and place a new ICON on the top bar.  If your current phone is not a Wi-Fi calling capable phone, you can not do it.  You do not need the router if you are not using Wi-Fi calling. You do not need the router if you have a super fast internet connection that never gets overloaded. You only need the router if excessive traffic on your internet connection disrupts the smooth flow of the voice call.

On my Galaxy S-5, turning on Wi-Fi calling completely turns of the cellular radios.

Everything flows through your Wi-Fi. And, I DO mean EVERYTHING.

If you have a phone that is capable of WI-FI calling, you can turn it on yourself, at least on Android.  You will need to get into settings, turn it on and get your address set up for 911 calls.  Make a call .It will use Wi-Fi for the call and place a new ICON on the top bar.  If your current phone is not a Wi-Fi calling capable phone, you can not do it.  You do not need the router if you are not using Wi-Fi calling. You do not need the router if you have a super fast internet connection that never gets overloaded. You only need the router if excessive traffic on your internet connection disrupts the smooth flow of the voice call.

On my Galaxy S-5, turning on Wi-Fi calling completely turns of the cellular radios.

Everything flows through your Wi-Fi. And, I DO mean EVERYTHING.

Not for Nexus phones, which is what he was saying.

EVO 4G LTE didn't get the wifi calling update did it? That is the latest phone I have sitting in a drawer somewhere.

I want the router because the router is awesome.

I currently have 2 netgear wnr2000's in my house to get "meh" coverage, one upstairs and one down. From what I read the ASUS may just cover my entire house and at much faster speeds, and I've already been thinking about buying one. Even if I couldn't use the Sprint QoS calling features (on my current phone) the new router would certainly boost the WiFi experience in my home, and for free.

I already have my order number and am actively waiting for it to ship. I'll post back when it does.

I already have my order number and am actively waiting for it to ship. I'll post back when it does.

I got a order email not too long ago as well.