T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

2f5e43fc540c4315f34d4bb653738fa7.jpg

Was wondering why spotify was buffering so I did a speed test...

This has to be the worst congestion I've ever seen. I used to get 70 mbps at this spot. My upload seems fine so this has to be congestion.

#cringeon

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

This has to be the worst congestion I've ever seen. I used to get 70 mbps at this spot. My upload seems fine so this has to be congestion.

#cringeon

Exceptional upload with a great signal level too so it ain't because of weak signal. That is congestion out the wazoo!

• Like 5

#cringeon

Wow. And with no bad intentions, I didn't even think the anecdotal evidence would start piling up this quick. 

I guess they're trying to start 2016 off with a bang, and not a good one. 

• Like 7

#cringeon

T-Mobile fan boy be like.. Bruh your phone isn't on band 12 DUH!?

U need 2 wait for T-Mobile 2 turn on Band 12 den it'll be super fast

• Like 4

T-Mobile fan boy be like.. Bruh your phone isn't on band 12 DUH!?

U need 2 wait for T-Mobile 2 turn on Band 12 den it'll be super fast

band 12 is crawling in my city almost unusable. 3mbps down at best during the day. Band 4 is still in the 20's.

As an ED1500 plan holder who is ready to jump ship to T-mobile,  everything you say is true as long as the network is in good shape.  I have the unfortunate circumstances of living next to / in a big donut hole of coverage in the suburbs.  Also, I need a 6th line and I can't add it to my plan.  

If you live in Litchfiled Park, I think you'll find that t-mo's network leaves a lot to be desired in the West Valley.  I'm just a few miles North of you in Surprise, on Litchfield Rd, and t-mo is 2G in my house with unusable data.  Sprint's got 2 B41 carriers and B25. Just sayin, t-mobile is not going to solve your problem in West Phx. 

• Like 1

#cringeon

Wow, I thought the last one with sub 1 Mbps down and 20 up was extreme, this one is even more so. Geez.

Looks like the Tmobile marketing brass(Legere etc) has a bunch of yes men in the network and engineering departments . These jokers should had told him Binge on is a terrible idea that would cripple the network.

• Like 1

BingeOn is bringing T-Mobile to its knees. Soon they will be demanding free/reduced price spectrum from the FCC, and since the FCC chairman thinks BingeOn is innovative, watch out.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I came to the conclusion that BingeOn was implemented to control their subscribers video streaming habits because they see the network is getting hit from their users streaming HD all the time. So why not put something like this into play that is automatically turned on for the users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came to the conclusion that BingeOn was implemented to control their subscribers video streaming habits because they see the network is getting hit from their users streaming HD all the time. So why not put something like this into play that is automatically turned on for the users.

But people are seeing more congestion now than without BingeOn, even with Speedtest prioritized and whitelisted. Legere has made the mistake of the decade.

But people are seeing more congestion now than without BingeOn, even with Speedtest prioritized and whitelisted. Legere has made the mistake of the decade.

I would have thought it would have been the other way around. But it makes sense when you think more about it. Those who are on the plans that have the 2g slow down are more cautious about how they use their data so streaming Netflix and stuff was out the question. So now that it's free they are the main ones streaming more then those who have the truly unlimited plans.

I would have thought it would have been the other way around. But it makes sense when you think more about it. Those who are on the plans that have the 2g slow down are more cautious about how they use their data so streaming Netflix and stuff was out the question. So now that it's free they are the main ones streaming more then those who have the truly unlimited plans.

Exactly. If BingeOn wasn't created, no one would want to spend 3/4 of their billing cycle on 2g speeds, so they were extra conservative. This whole BingeOn concept will never work past the concept point because wireless is too finite of a resource for that much traffic. That's why I called it the biggest mistake of the decade. If it continues to congest the network, people will go elsewhere. And I suppose that many people are skipping wifi at home now that BingeOn makes most of their videos free, adding further congestion to the network.

• Like 2

While I don't disagree with the idea that this is a mistake, I think it would be terribly short sighted to not chalk some of this up to seasonal increases in load due to the holiday.

People are with their family, and are tired of being with their family, and are thus on their phones. The shoppers are using their phones in dense areas bogging the network down.

Not to say that binge on hasn't had an effect, but I think the timing on this was impeccable how it overlaps with the seasonally increasing usage period of the holidays.

Just my 2¢

• Like 1

While I don't disagree with the idea that this is a mistake, I think it would be terribly short sighted to not chalk some of this up to seasonal increases in load due to the holiday.

People are with their family, and are tired of being with their family, and are thus on their phones. The shoppers are using their phones in dense areas bogging the network down.

Not to say that binge on hasn't had an effect, but I think the timing on this was impeccable how it overlaps with the seasonally increasing usage period of the holidays.

Just my 2¢

Then Why is Sprint doing fine?

Was at WalMart on Sprint LTE pulling atleast 7Mbps on band 26, Yup Band 26 which is 5x5Mhz

Yet my T-mobile phone struggled to pull even 1 Mbps but somehow it managed to pull 10Mbps upload

23d8333247.jpg

• Like 5

Just my 2¢

People with data caps are still conservative with their data even through the holidays. And yes, part of what you are saying is right, people will use more, so I can probably contribute 25-45% of the congestion on travelers/shoppers using their phones more. We will just have to see how things are after the first of the year when school is back in and adults are back at work, but I think you'll find it'll still be pretty bad in the end.

People with data caps are still conservative with their data even through the holidays. And yes, part of what you are saying is right, people will use more, so I can probably contribute 25-45% of the congestion on travelers/shoppers using their phones more. We will just have to see how things are after the first of the year when school is back in and adults are back at work, but I think you'll find it'll still be pretty bad in the end.

We'll just wait till Binge on for YouTube is added and all the toddlers and kids will start watching youtube because parents wouldn't have to worry about hitting their high-speed cap.

More congestion, YAY!

23d8333247.jpg

• Like 3

We'll just wait till Binge on for YouTube is added and all the toddlers and kids will start watching youtube because parents wouldn't have to worry about hitting their high-speed cap.

More congestion, YAY!

23d8333247.jpg

That Legere Grinch picture is awesome! Where did you find it?

• Like 1

band 12 is crawling in my city almost unusable. 3mbps down at best during the day. Band 4 is still in the 20's.

B26 crawls along at about 3mbps on average for me, while B41 is in the 20s. Interesting. No, wait, that other thing...tedious.

More congestion, YAY!

Congestion? No, no, this is their new service: GreenOn - slower data saves energy. it'll play really well with millennials, like John.

• Like 1

More congestion, YAY!

23d8333247.jpg

That'll be the ReCarrier xmas gift if it doesn't come sooner. 

CringeOn 2.0: Now featuring downloads lower than Verizon's worst B13 and buckling AWS "XLTE" areas. CringeOn with industry leading buffering times at all new highs! Highest upload:download ratio speeds, highest latencies, highest jitter, highest unreliability, highest dropped calls. We are number 1! 

• Like 3

BingeOn has had zero impact in my area on data speeds.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1454611607 (unloaded at 5am is 69Mbps). This result is similar to prior to BingeOn. I'm not convinced this is "the biggest mistake of the decade" or going to kill the T-Mobile brand. Im going to ride it out as long as possible. $30/line for 10Gb with unlimited music and video is a better value than Framily unlimited. And T-Mobile fees are lower than Sprint.

Once Sprint gets their act together in Maryland, I would like to switch back. Mostly because of the rural coverage. It's not a huge issue for me because I rarely need rural coverage, but it'd be nice.

Well on the bright side maybe this whole ordeal will serve as a good example to point to when people say stuff like "carriers overcharge for data and all carriers could serve unlimited @ $10 a month if they wanted to with no impact on the network blah blah conspiracy".

• Like 2