T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Well we can commence the BingeOn as of right now.

c5b3308a805cd1e2d9975ab30f6cf13b.jpg

For those customers who didn't know...now they know.

Sent from my iPhone

http://9to5mac.com/2015/11/23/tmobile-uncarrier-unwrapped-unlimited-data/

T-Mobile seems to be on a mission to rapidly destroy their network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need binge on active, im sure most people do since it was auto enabled. and it goes in effect after your data stash is gone.  I can't imagine this will help congested areas, and will cause many more areas to experience congestion. 

• Like 2

T-Mobile so far has raised $4 billion out of the $10 billion they need, however.. There are even more players now in the game for the 600Mhz auction which leaves me to question.. Will T-Mobile even walk out with 10Mhz or will they be left with 5Mhz again

So far the only big players in the auction is Tmobile Att and Vzw.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

And because more people will be streaming since it doesn't account for data usage. Congestion will occur costing T-Mobile even more money to erect new sites.

If YouTube is added, why even pay more?

I can get a kid a cheapo LG Leon with the 3GB package, Give him Netflix, Hulu and Youtube (Added soon)

He uses 30Gigs from streaming cause it's free, where does T-Mobile make money from that?

The higher tier packages wouldn't even matter anymore, Music streaming is free, Video streaming is free..

And here's the kicker, Now tether your tablets and laptops for free and you can also bingeon with those additional devices, WAY to suck even more bandwidth!

As Marcelo stated, #cringeon

Might even put satellite companies out of business such as Hugesnet, Cause now you can pay $30 for a T-Mobile Hotspot and bingeon the whole household!

If too many things are free, where's the revenue?

This attitude is why sprint is 4th place now. He isn't thinking about now he thinking long term as in why Tmobile is gaining subs and increasing coverage while not being a dbag in a tight suit.

• Like 1

This attitude is why sprint is 4th place now. He isn't thinking about now he thinking long term as in why Tmobile is gaining subs and increasing coverage while not being a dbag in a tight suit.

How so? Sprint is finally seeing large increases in their capacity and speed while T-Mobile's speed and capacity early returns under BingeOn are heading south.

Long term...video usage is going to get worse. Where is T-Mo going to find the money to build out more capacity? They have to find that. They're increasing prices but if they don't have the speed or performance they didn't once have due to BingeOn their speeds will screech to a grinding halt. It's really unlimited take 2. T-Mo should be putting the brakes on any sort of unlimited usage, not encouraging it.

• Like 1

How so? Sprint is finally seeing large increases in their capacity and speed while T-Mobile's speed and capacity early returns under BingeOn are heading south.

Long term...video usage is going to get worse. Where is T-Mo going to find the money to build out more capacity? They have to find that. They're increasing prices but if they don't have the speed or performance they didn't once have due to BingeOn their speeds will screech to a grinding halt. It's really unlimited take 2. T-Mo should be putting the brakes on any sort of unlimited usage, not encouraging it.

Sprint stock has plummeted and still has debt also. My speeds haven't slowed actually it's improved in certain areas.

• Like 1

Tmobile and att is the fastest here in Chicago period. And Sprint will give up unlimited before Tmobile will.

• Like 1

Tmobile and att is the fastest here in Chicago period. And Sprint will give up unlimited before Tmobile will.

Im almost sure your statement about Tmobile being fastest in Chicago is false. I have heard that Att is working very  well with WCS deployed. 

Sprint and ATT are probably neck and neck, don't see how in any way shape or form, T-mobile (with only 15x15 Band 4 and maybe 5x5 band 12) can even come close to the other big three in chicagoland especially Sprint.

• Like 1

Lots of people on here also live in Chicago and have T-Mobile SIM's. $30 gets you 5GB and pretty much unlimited speed test IIRC. Most aren't getting what you get so maybe it's location dependent. Lots of areas I have used T-Mobile up there; and let me tell you, Loop and River North sucks.

Binge on isn't gonna do nothing to capacity. This is what I get during peak hours and tethering ps3 and laptop.

Sprint in Chicagoland...

Just from a spectrum deployed perspective, Sprint has thrown everything including the kitchen sink at Chicago.

10x10(B25) 5x5(B25) 5x5(B26) 20+20CA(B41)

a8fdb4d22204a4e64a6a18f4cd9891b6.jpg

• Like 6

Binge on isn't gonna do nothing to capacity. This is what I get during peak hours and tethering ps3 and laptop. XtAo2Ty.png

that speed tests only highlights the growing congestion, strong signal with 18 down and 26 up.. that is a perfectly acceptable and usable speed for sure, but anytime you consistently see upload faster than download it is the first stage in congestion.  also not sure if i would call 1:16 peak hours, not off hours but not peak hours either.   

• Like 1

that speed tests only highlights the growing congestion, strong signal with 18 down and 26 up.. that is a perfectly acceptable and usable speed for sure, but anytime you consistently see upload faster than download it is the first stage in congestion. also not sure if i would call 1:16 peak hours, not off hours but not peak hours either.

Yeah I was just gonna say, with full bars he's obviously next to a site and if 18 is all he's getting then that site is pretty well loaded. And peak hours are more like 4-9 PM.

T-Mobile is only running 30 MHz on LTE in Chicago, Verizon and AT&T are running 60 MHz worth, and sprint is running anywhere between 70-80 MHz worth.

T-Mobile also doesn't have much more spectrum they can refarm. The best they could do is shut down GSM, and refarm one of the DC-HSPA carriers and that would get them another 10x10 on band 2.

There is not a doubt in my mind that T-Mobile is the weakest carrier in Chicago.

• Like 6

But Sprint hasn't tuned band 26 for coverage yet. It is being used for capacity, at least in Maryland it is. It has barely better range outdoors than band 25, but it does work significantly better indoors in that area. I would expect Sprint to shift band 26 for coverage soon hopefully since 2xCA is live in my area.

I wouldn't say it's being used for capacity, so much as it is being used for in building coverage, hence why you don't see much better range. The network will move users to band 26 if band 25 gets too full, but the idea is if band 26 starts to fill up, it means you need more density.

Yeah I was just gonna say, with full bars he's obviously next to a site and if 18 is all he's getting then that site is pretty well loaded. And peak hours are more like 4-9 PM.

T-Mobile is only running 30 MHz on LTE in Chicago, Verizon and AT&T are running 60 MHz worth, and sprint is running anywhere between 70-80 MHz worth.

T-Mobile also doesn't have much more spectrum they can refarm. The best they could do is shut down GSM, and refarm one of the DC-HSPA carriers and that would get them another 10x10 on band 2.

There is not a doubt in my mind that T-Mobile is the weakest carrier in Chicago.

it is all about location location location, but sprint has an enormous amount of spectrum left to deploy on band 41, while t mobile has hit a wall with available spectrum for lte deployment.  the 600 auction will help but it wont close the gap they have with sprint. that means sprints only going to get better provided they deploy it properly and t mobile will only get worse, overall.  I don't know what the end game is for t mobile, if they continue to allow people to use and abuse their network and add subs without adding capacity at an equal clip they will only hurt them selves and the customers... i don't get it... whats the plan?

I don't know what the end game is for t mobile, if they continue to allow people to use and abuse their network and add subs without adding capacity at an equal clip they will only hurt them selves and the customers... i don't get it... whats the plan?

Give away free candy.  Win points with the FCC and the public.  Steal subs off of the other operators.  Oversubscribe its network.  Rack up massive debt on network buildout and spectrum acquisition.  Destabilize Sprint to the brink of failure.  Plead case that the two smaller operators necessarily cannot succeed on their own.  Gain merger approval with T-Mobile in control.

And, hypothetically, all of this could be in collusion with SoftBank -- even though that would be illegal.

AJ

• Like 9