T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

The option is missing from my account now. So I would just chalk it up to growing pain/bugs being worked out. I seriously do not understand why you are making a huge deal out of something that isn't supposed to happen until tomorrow.

I completely understand the viewpoints of those mentioning to me to wait until the official launch, as it makes sense that the option to change binge-on from the account shouldn't really be available until then.

The thing is though on my account, the option to do so was there, just as gusherb and a few others mentioned. The reason shown when I went to try changing the option, was something to do with needing to enter the last four digits of the SSN, rather than something like a pin number, or a verified passcode like other sites such as PayPal use when you go to change a setting.

Making this matter more odd, is that I can do a number of different other security sensitive things on our T-Mobile account without needing the SSN. PayPal doesn't even require a SSN and when I spoke to a very nice and helpful PayPal representative once over the phone with concerns I had from an email I received supposedly from them, the representative told me quite seriously about how PayPal never would ask a customer for SSN on most things.

So then, why would T-Mobile ask that, even require it just to turn off binge-on, especially when I can still view plenty of other security-sensitive information on our account. Furthermore, the T-Mobile Executive Relations representatives never mentioned anything about this having to do with it not being the official release.

Again, I'm not saying that I don't believe anyone here responding to me saying to wait until then. It does make sense after all. Problem here is with T-Mobile and their dealings that is what I wanted to address, using my latest situation with them as an example. Overall though, it isn't that I'm happy with them anyways, as I haven't been. My mother typically has though until recently, and I'm happy that she is finally seeing it for what it is, so we can switch out. If it were my own account though, I would have done so a long time ago.

I completely understand the viewpoints of those mentioning to me to wait until the official launch, as it makes sense that the option to change binge-on from the account shouldn't really be available until then.

The thing is though on my account, the option to do so was there, just as gusherb and a few others mentioned. The reason shown when I went to try changing the option, was something to do with needing to enter the last four digits of the SSN, rather than something like a pin number, or a verified passcode like other sites such as PayPal use when you go to change a setting.

Making this matter more odd, is that I can do a number of different other security sensitive things on our T-Mobile account without needing the SSN. PayPal doesn't even require a SSN and when I spoke to a very nice and helpful PayPal representative once over the phone with concerns I had from an email I received supposedly from them, the representative told me quite seriously about how PayPal never would ask a customer for SSN on most things.

So then, why would T-Mobile ask that, even require it just to turn off binge-on, especially when I can still view plenty of other security-sensitive information on our account. Furthermore, the T-Mobile Executive Relations representatives never mentioned anything about this having to do with it not being the official release.

Again, I'm not saying that I don't believe anyone here responding to me saying to wait until then. It does make sense after all. Problem here is with T-Mobile and their dealings that is what I wanted to address, using my latest situation with them as an example. Overall though, it isn't that I'm happy with them anyways, as I haven't been. My mother typically has though until recently, and I'm happy that she is finally seeing it for what it is, so we can switch out. If it were my own account though, I would have done so a long time ago.

This is ridiculous. If all the problems can be solved by entering the last 4 digits of your SSN, you are asking for any problems by refusing to do so. If you don't want to provide your SSN to a carrier, use prepaid. 

• Like 3

This is ridiculous. If all the problems can be solved by entering the last 4 digits of your SSN, you are asking for any problems by refusing to do so. If you don't want to provide your SSN to a carrier, use prepaid.

The problem isn't so simple. It is my mother that doesn't want to do this. She already is upset over the Experian thing with T-Mobile, though I've told her it is Experian, not T-Mobile that is responsible for that. Although apparently, according to a manager of the local Verizon corporate retail store I spoke with awhile ago today, there are alot of people who have gone into this Verizon store complaining about the breach blaming T-Mobile, then looking at what Verizon is offering.

My gripe with this, is that T-Mobile is forcing this unneeded security step to change the binge-on setting, while much more serious settings can be changed without an SSN. Also, I've been very open about this here not trying to be unreasonable about it at all. I've been wanting to switch away from T-Mobile for awhile now, and if I had the ability to, I would have a long time ago. The SSN number of mine isn't even an issue for me personally, and if I had that information and the ability to freely choose carriers as many people here do, I would. Unfortunately though, I don't, because of my health situation and my dependence on my mother.

The problem isn't so simple. It is my mother that doesn't want to do this. She already is upset over the Experian thing with T-Mobile, though I've told her it is Experian, not T-Mobile that is responsible for that. Although apparently, according to a manager of the local Verizon corporate retail store I spoke with awhile ago today, there are alot of people who have gone into this Verizon store complaining about the breach blaming T-Mobile, then looking at what Verizon is offering.

My gripe with this, is that T-Mobile is forcing this unneeded security step to change the binge-on setting, while much more serious settings can be changed without an SSN. Also, I've been very open about this here not trying to be unreasonable about it at all. I've been wanting to switch away from T-Mobile for awhile now, and if I had the ability to, I would have a long time ago. The SSN number of mine isn't even an issue for me personally, and if I had that information and the ability to freely choose carriers as many people here do, I would. Unfortunately though, I don't, because of my health situation and my dependence on my mother.

They are not forcing you to give them the last four to turn off bingeon. Please just wait until the feature is actually enabled tomorrow before blaming T-Mobile for making things difficult.

• Like 2

I found a picture of your mother, Arysyn:

TinfoilHat.jpg

Seriously, you need to get out from under her thumb.  Have you given up power of attorney to her?  If you can type a coherent response to this post -- and I know that you can -- then you should retain your own power of attorney.

Regardless of your illness, you can control certain aspects of your life.  And wireless service is not one of those major life choices that should necessitate intervention by your mother.

AJ

• Like 7

Like we all said...just wait. Posted on Reddit today

It's working for me (confirmed that it limited Netflix resolution and didn't burn data).

There's a slider on my.t-mobile.com, in Profile-Media Settings.

A few days ago it was listed under Plan-Change Services, but that option has disappeared.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3tft51/any_existing_customers_able_to_add_bingon_yet/

EDIT: I can confirm that it works fine. No SSN needed since it isn't part of the "account changed" area of the account.

The conversation trend of trashing Sprint over this promotion is garbage. Until another carrier says "Bring me your shared data rate, I'll charge you half" it's unbeatable. What more impressive promotion could they have offered? Would anything else have mattered? For the haters, no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The conversation trend of trashing Sprint over this promotion is garbage. Until another carrier says "Bring me your shared data rate, I'll charge you half" it's unbeatable. What more impressive promotion could they have offered? Would anything else have mattered? For the haters, no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly! Sprint has effectively put itself where no one can really beat them on price. On value, sure. T-Mobile is giving away tons of things like tethering for free but for a lot of people price is the only determining factor in switching mores than what they could get if they paid more.

• Like 1

If that was the best the FCC can do, then what the hell was the point with Title II in the first place. I'd be raising hell if I were in the executive suites of AT&T and Verizon. "It's Net Neutrality for Me but not for Thee." Unbelievable.

• Like 5

If that was the best the FCC can do, then what the hell was the point with Title II in the first place. I'd be raising hell if I were in the executive suites of AT&T and Verizon. "It's Net Neutrality for Me but not for Thee." Unbelievable.

I hope Joan Marsh and VZW's equivalent trolls the hell out of this nonsense. This time the "duopolists" may have a point.  :td:

• Like 1

Band 12 typical performance for me is 10-20Mbps. Every so often I'll find an area where it is barely pulling 2Mbps, but never that slow.

Most B12 traffic comes from iPhone users, Sprint has what? B26 for the iPhone 5, 5s 5c and 6 and now 6s

That's alot of users for B26 compared to all the iPhones carried from T-Mobile with B12 (iPhone 6s).

Most T-Mobile customers are sucked in still paying their EIP for their 6 which has no B12 support. Now if John were to upgrade every single subscriber to a B12 capable phone for free or with a huge discount, Then we'll see some of that congestion hehe

• Like 1

Most B12 traffic comes from iPhone users, Sprint has what? B26 for the iPhone 5, 5s 5c and 6 and now 6s

That's alot of users for B26 compared to all the iPhones carried from T-Mobile with B12 (iPhone 6s).

Most T-Mobile customers are sucked in still paying their EIP for their 6 which has no B12 support. Now if John were to upgrade every single subscriber to a B12 capable phone for free or with a huge discount, Then we'll see some of that congestion hehe

I mean, my experience with Band 26 was pretty similar to Band 12 on T-Mobile. So I don't understand what you are saying?

Plus, I don't believe that "most" of band 12 traffic is from the iPhone. T-Mobile has the lowest "iPhone penetration" of the big 4 national carriers.

Here are all the band 12 phones:

• Like 2

Band 12 and band 26 are meant for coverage, not speed. I wouldn't expect speeds similar to band 4 or band 41.

But Sprint hasn't tuned band 26 for coverage yet. It is being used for capacity, at least in Maryland it is. It has barely better range outdoors than band 25, but it does work significantly better indoors in that area. I would expect Sprint to shift band 26 for coverage soon hopefully since 2xCA is live in my area.

But Sprint hasn't tuned band 26 for coverage yet. It is being used for capacity, at least in Maryland it is. It has barely better range outdoors than band 25, but it does work significantly better indoors in that area. I would expect Sprint to shift band 26 for coverage soon hopefully since 2xCA is live in my area.

I still haven't seen B26 tuned for coverage in my market either. Others have claimed they have in certain suburbs though.

I still haven't seen B26 tuned for coverage in my market either. Others have claimed they have in certain suburbs though.

Band 26 will be used for coverage once Band 41 2x CA and/or Band 25 CA is active and prevalent in the market. 

Band 26 will be used for coverage once Band 41 2x CA and/or Band 25 CA is active and prevalent in the market.

Again. There is no b25 CA. There are expanded 10x10 carriers or two b25 carrier (5x5+5x5 or 10x10+5x5) but no CA.
  • Like 1

We've been down this road before with every excuse in the book. They just haven't done it yet, plain and simple.

We've been down this road before with every excuse in the book. They just haven't done it yet, plain and simple.

They have not done it because they need it for capacity. When they stop needing it for capacity they will use it for coverage.

Edited by bigsnake49