T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

But is it safe to generalize that they are not adding service, rather just upgrading existing footprints? Or are these new site builds?

I'm not generalizing. Tmo is building out some B2 as new full build. But I am referring to B2 GMO LTE locations.

But is it safe to generalize that they are not adding service, rather just upgrading existing footprints? Or are these new site builds?

Cannot generalize.  A mix of both.

In western South Dakota, for example, T-Mobile had no native footprint.  Those sites are all new builds.  In other parts of the country, T-Mobile is only overlaying on existing "2G" sites.

AJ

Cannot generalize.  A mix of both.

In western South Dakota, for example, T-Mobile had no native footprint.  Those sites are all new builds.  In other parts of the country, T-Mobile is only overlaying on existing "2G" sites.

AJ

Ok great, thanks for the clarification. 

My sarcastic dedication to today's forthcoming "Uncarrier" event :

I couldn't possibly miss Uncarrier 10 for the world or for life itself. I imagine it will be a life-changing event, which will rock the very core of what it means to be a cellular carrier. For far too long now, the wireless industry has been run by two very evil corporations (We call them "the Duopoly") that just doesn't seem to understand their customers. The Duopoly could not give a flying f*** about them, and something needed to change about this.

At T-Mobile, one man with a very Godlike presence about him decided to change all of this. He introduced this plan, called "The Uncarrier", and swept T-Mobile of everything in its past which resembled anything carrier-like, and set about not only to reform T-Mobile, but the wireless industry itself.

His first target, were contracts, which was a "pain point" for customers so painful that many of them ended up at their doctors or the emergency room begging for pain killing prescriptions whenever they went to cancel their wireless service hit with hundreds of dollars in early termination fees. That had to change, "Uncarrier-style"!

So, he got rid of contracts, allowing customers the privilege of paying the full cost of their devices through monthly installments, first at a reduced monthly plan rate for the service since their devices were no longer subsidized, but then over time, he honored his customers by raising the rate right back up to where it was when it included the subsidy. He is a generous man.

He also gave some data for throttling, but then ever so gracefully decided that some people were abusing that gift he so lovingly gave them. With his mighty wrath set upon them a stern warning not to cross the line by using bypasses to the tethering limit he had set forth. He let it be known that any further insubordination against his decree shall be deemed liable for a swift action of a damning reduction in plan privileges.

However prior to that, he had another challenge to be faced head on, in order to transform the industry, though mostly just about business at T-Mobile. For a long time spanning way before his arrival, T-Mobile had a generous subsidy like other carriers do, while also giving low rate plans towards individuals. As he proclaimed to change all that, eventually raising the plan rates on individuals and of course no longer giving those abominable subsidies that are a generous part of contracts, he noticed yet another problem. Unlimited data...

See... He likeths his unlimited data; for himself. He needs it in order to make his grandiose announcements to his people on Twitter, Periscope, etc. He knows he often uses quite a bit of data doing so and all of that, especially during his many travels between his offices in Bellevue and his new grand penthouse in New York City where once the grand hater of hemp, William Randolph Hearst use to live.

Anyways, he knew exactly what he had to do about the unlimited data offering he knew couldn't be fully eliminated, also considering giving himself free data wouldn't look so good on the books, he introduced T-Mobile customers to deprioritization. Rather than using his supposed "genius" so many credit him for, by implementing a smart throttling system which balances all users on a congested site with the same speed, he decided to punish those who would dare do as they were given permission to do by him, which was to use their data to their limitless satisfaction, just now with limits that only he could control. After all, he is dear to those who follow him and his word...

So, here we are, after several different Uncarrier moves designed to defeat the duopoly and restore the freedom to make customers pay full price for their devices at subsidy plan rates, while getting deprioritized for using too much data, even with the oh so useful to all customers, particularly to those who don't travel, Simple Global, for calling internationally for no extra charge. It is so much more of a value to customers than a device subsidy. He knows that, which is why he made it happen, again Uncarrier-style!

Yet, as we await his glorious announcement of Uncarrier 10, pondering what it could possibly be, people are speculating while wondering about this. However, whatever it is to be, he, the man, the myth, the legend, John Legere himself will only know, along with his closest cohorts and most devoted minions privileged enough to share in his wisdom prior to his global announcement today from Los Angeles, home to movie magic not subject to Canadian tax credits.

In closing, I, Arysyn, with sarcasm (As with the majority of this post, considering I really don't like John Legere and I find him to be a fraud and all the talk about him being a "genius", as nothing but ignorant observation of him and his actions), very anxiously await this announcement so badly as I want too get high off his supposed abundance of marketing brilliance.

Okay, I'm going to create a list of changes T-Mobile's announced so far today.
Good For Consumers

• Double Tethering Limit (7GB -> 14GB) on Truly Unlimited plan.
  • Double Data Allowance per line on Simple Choice Plans.
  • Video Freedom (Comes at a standard quality, compressed videos/Limited to certain services.)

Bad For Consumers

• 4 Lines for $120 @ 10GB each is now reduced to 6GB each.

<p>

Okay, I'm going to create a list of changes T-Mobile's announced so far today.

Good For Consumers

• Double Tethering Limit (7GB -> 14GB) on Truly Unlimited plan.
  • Double Data Allowance per line on Simple Choice Plans.
  • Video Freedom (Comes at a standard quality, compressed videos/Limited to certain services.)
Bad For Consumers
  • 4 Lines for $120 @ 10GB each is now reduced to 6GB each.
That's true but with binge on and music freedom combined 6gb should be plenty for 90% of people. Even power users unless hacked tethering is involved.
  • Like 1

This hole binge on thing completely limits the video quality but it helps them curtail over usage at the same time for people that use the services so this helps them maintain quality control of their network. but the way that they spin it forces people to say yes to it which is magical as it is asinine. It's not what you do but also simply just how you deliver the message and they're pretty damn good at doing that. This move should buy them more time in regards to network quality and speeds. Is simply going to be 480p video at its worst.

• Like 1