T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Sprint customers definitely, but any customers really.

As far as nationwide B26, I think you mean sub-1 GHz greenfield spectrum. Which they have in quite a few, but far from all areas with L700A.

I think it's hard not to imagine that T-Mobile's hyper dense macro layer in major metros would perform well with a spectrum intensive high band deployment.

So I'm not disagreeing, these are all valid points. I think it's egregious how underdeployed the 2.5 GHz spectrum is personally, but that's a whole separate issue.

Yes. Legere knows this. Neville Ray knows this. At one point, DT was talking with Clearwire, and that was after Neville Ray was named CTO. Any talk about 2.5 GHz where he would scorn it, would be double talk IMO.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2011-02-04/deutsche-telekom-is-said-to-be-nearing-clearwire-deal-on-spectrum-purchase

So to say that he doesn't think T-Mobile wouldn't want 2.5? Well, that's like Verizon saying they wouldn't want it when they were Party J in the Dish/SoftBank battle, or Dish not wanting it for that matter.

Why "internalize" it? You are divorced from reality. Vociferous T-Mobile trolls have both internalized and externalized it.

Try objectively commenting on an article elsewhere about T-Mobile and/or Sprint. You can provide facts and statistics about Sprint, setting the record straight. No matter, T-Mobile trolls will overrun those comments with their anti Sprint, anti S4GRU agitprop.

AJ

Do "T-Mobile trolls" affect your Sprint service? Of course not!

I browse here to keep up with Sprint’s improvements. Unfortunately, I can't go two posts without someone bitching and complaining about those damn T-Mobile trolls. Are they delaying the NGN project? Hindering B26 deployment? No. No. No. Oh, I can't forget about that Fabian guy...let him be silly over there. Why mention him HERE????

To hell with Legere too! Just make sure my service runs great. Simple.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Edited by Houston_Texas

Do T-Mobile trolls affect your Sprint service? Of course not!

I browse here to keep up with Sprint’s improvements. Unfortunately, I can't go two posts without someone bitching and complaining about those damn T-Mobile trolls. Are they delaying the NGN project? Hindering B26 deployment? No. No. No. Oh, I can't forget about that Fabian guy...let him be silly over there. Why mention him HERE????

To hell with Legere too! Just make sure my service runs great. Simple.

Sent from my SM-N910T

You are in the T-Mobile thread of a Sprint site.  What in the hell do you think is going to be said?  Get real.  The question for you is why are you seeking Sprint information in the T-Mobile thread?  Why are you really here at all?

The best I can tell, you are here just to stick your finger in AJ's eye.  You even have bitched about AJ over at T4GRU.

• Like 3

You are in the T-Mobile thread of a Sprint site. What in the hell do you think is going to be said? Get real. The question for you is why are you seeking Sprint information in the T-Mobile thread? Why are you really here at all?

The best I can tell, you are here just to stick your finger in AJ's eye. You even have bitched about AJ over at T4GRU.

Never said I was seeking information in this particular thread. The Townhall Meeting (General Sprint) thread is where most of the new information is presented.

Made a spontaneous comment in this thread. He replied to me. I replied back.

I have no issue with the guy, for some odd reason, he always seems to find me.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Edited by Houston_Texas

Do "T-Mobile trolls" affect your Sprint service? Of course not!

You act as if we at S4GRU occupy a Moon colony or live in a Hasidic community.  Do we not also exist in and interact with the world at large?  Can we not also contribute to learning elsewhere?

My name and track record in online wireless research are well known for over 12 years.  I have written thousands of informative posts, published dozens of scholarly researched articles.  In short, I have done almost unthinkable amounts of pro bono work -- while the peanut gallery does nothing but comment.  Yet, even when I refrain from opinion, when I post something factual outside of S4GRU, the T-Mobile trolls tend to swarm on it like flies.  Anything Sprint or S4GRU related is tainted.

AJ

• Like 5

You are in the T-Mobile thread of a Sprint site. What in the hell do you think is going to be said? Get real. The question for you is why are you seeking Sprint information in the T-Mobile thread? Why are you really here at all?

The best I can tell, you are here just to stick your finger in AJ's eye. You even have bitched about AJ over at T4GRU.

I honestly don't recall saying anything about him there. I hardly even visit the site.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Never said I was seeking information in this particular thread. The Townhall Meeting (General Sprint) thread is where most of the new information is presented.

Made a spontaneous comment in this thread. He replied to me. I replied back.

I have no issue with the guy, for some odd reason, he always seems to find me.

Maybe because I am the technical editor of this web site.  Part of my job is to be here, research articles, write articles, edit articles, and read as many posts as I can.  Make sense?

AJ

• Like 2

You act as if we at S4GRU occupy a Moon colony or live in a Hasidic community. Do we not also exist in and interact with the world at large? Can we not also contribute to learning elsewhere?

My name and track record in online wireless research are well known for over 12 years. I have written thousands of informative posts, published dozens of scholarly researched articles. In short, I have done almost unthinkable amounts of pro bono work -- while the peanut gallery does nothing but comment. Yet, even when I refrain from opinion, when I post something factual outside of S4GRU, the T-Mobile trolls tend to swarm on it like flies. Anything Sprint or S4GRU related is tainted.

AJ

If you know the validity of your work can not be questioned, who are mere peasants to even open their mouths to disparage S4GRU?

T-Mobile parasites should stay at Tmonews or wherever else they infest.

No need to mention them here. This is a pretty good site on its own.

Sent from my SM-N910T

If you know the validity of your work can not be questioned, who are mere peasants to even open their mouths to disparage S4GRU?

T-Mobile parasites should stay at Tmonews or wherever else they infest.

No need to mention them here. This is a pretty good site on its own.

I am not sure where you are going with this.  The quality of my longstanding work on spectrum licensing, for example, is almost beyond reproach.  It is entirely objective -- there is no room for interpretation.

But you seem to say that I should not help others learn by providing insight elsewhere.  I agree that S4GRU is a remarkable, unique web site and community.  My work here alone has been influential and leaves a lasting legacy.

However, you suggest that we should be insular.  Much of the outside world seeks education, too. Some of the outside world burns Sprint and S4GRU at the stake.  Ignoring all of that seems like proscription intended to minimize Sprint, S4GRU, and me. 

AJ

• Like 4

I am not sure where you are going with this.  The quality of my longstanding work on spectrum licensing, for example, is almost beyond reproach.  

AJ

Sorry AJ, but I cant shake the feeling this is you...

confident.jpg

AJ, you always got the "Juice" 

• Like 2

"Help, My signal's fallen and it can't get up :P "

T-Mobile fans are addicted to speed, When in reality 4-10Mbps is enough.
I'd rather have SERVICE with 4-10Mbps than NO Service T-mobile, which is why I switched to Sprint :)

However with Spark coming up with CA, Sorry T-Mobile you just got 1upped.

T-Mobile fans don't know Sprint's struggle with the iDEN Shutdown and now the WiMAX shutdown, Sprint basically had to start from Step 1. There was a period in which Sprint was terrible but that $36 Billion dollars to buy Nextel paid off.

T-Mobile is a charity, Whining and complaining to the government and FCC to spare them and "Save them" from the big guys, Sprint is the one whose actually dumped cash into the network.. NOT T-Mobile

• Like 8

Never understood why there is so much vitriol between Sprint and T-Mobile users.

Sent from my SM-N910T

Because people take this crap too seriously. If everyone realised that both companies don't care about their users as much as they claim and only cared about the $, then they would stop being fanboys. To Sprint, T-Mobile and every wireless company, we are just another dollar.

Wireless fanboys remind me a lot to NFL fans. They spend so much money and time into a team they don't own or profit from, yet take pride in that. Personally, I hold no loyalty to any wireless provider. Sprint currently gives me the most bang for my dollar, but the moment that stops, I'll move on.

• Like 9

Because people take this crap too seriously. If everyone realised that both companies don't care about their users as much as they claim and only cared about the $, then they would stop being fanboys. To Sprint, T-Mobile and every wireless company, we are just another dollar.

Wireless fanboys remind me a lot to NFL fans. They spend so much money and time into a team they don't own or profit from, yet take pride in that. Personally, I hold no loyalty to any wireless provider. Sprint currently gives me the most bang for my dollar, but the moment that stops, I'll move on.

I agree. Sprint doesn't care about us. And I sure as hell know that Legere is not my buddy either.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 2

No matter how you slice it, both Sprint and T-Mobile aren't premium carriers. They are discount carriers so your mileage may very. So the fighting between these two is pointless. How does that saying go? It must be something in the water? It must be something in the propaganda. It's almost like a local used car lot hyping up their inventory and how it is better than a nation dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My sentiments exactly.

Childish fanboys.

Sent from my SM-N910T

I wish Sprint was able to obtain more PCS spectrum in PCS starved markets.  Tmobile is doing spectrum swaps all the time to align themselves to be able to deploy wider LTE channels which to me is efficient.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobile-att-agree-swap-pcs-aws-1-airwaves-create-larger-contiguous-spectru/2015-10-08

• Like 3

I wish Sprint was able to obtain more PCS spectrum in PCS starved markets.  Tmobile is doing spectrum swaps all the time to align themselves to be able to deploy wider LTE channels which to me is efficient.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobile-att-agree-swap-pcs-aws-1-airwaves-create-larger-contiguous-spectru/2015-10-08

There isn't any real PCS left to obtain, the best they can do is horse trade, with is tough when the spectrum is in use.

"Help, My signal's fallen and it can't get up :P "

T-Mobile fans are addicted to speed, When in reality 4-10Mbps is enough.

I'd rather have SERVICE with 4-10Mbps than NO Service T-mobile, which is why I switched to Sprint :)

However with Spark coming up with CA, Sorry T-Mobile you just got 1upped.

T-Mobile fans don't know Sprint's struggle with the iDEN Shutdown and now the WiMAX shutdown, Sprint basically had to start from Step 1. There was a period in which Sprint was terrible but that $36 Billion dollars to buy Nextel paid off.

T-Mobile is a charity, Whining and complaining to the government and FCC to spare them and "Save them" from the big guys, Sprint is the one whose actually dumped cash into the network.. NOT T-Mobile

OK sweetheart!!! :P  Keep in mind the youtube video posted was back in Oct 2013 and so much as happened with Tmobile since then.  This was even prior to Tmobile purchasing 700 MHz A-block licenses and has now deployed the "Extended Range LTE" in several markets.  

Tmobile continues to do spectrum swaps with Verizon and AT&T to align themselves with bigger contiguous spectrum blocks to deploy wider LTE channels which is awesome.  Its a win-win for both companies that is how spectrum IMO should be dispersed based on which carrier can make it the most efficient.

There isn't any real PCS left to obtain, the best they can do is horse trade, with is tough when the spectrum is in use.

It sucks that Sprint is only bounded to PCS spectrum.  If they had AWS spectrum as a carrot to tangle then that would have some way to make some trades.

OK sweetheart!!! :P Keep in mind the youtube video posted was back in Oct 2013 and so much as happened with Tmobile since then. This was even prior to Tmobile purchasing 700 MHz A-block licenses and has now deployed the "Extended Range LTE" in several markets.

Tmobile continues to do spectrum swaps with Verizon and AT&T to align themselves with bigger contiguous spectrum blocks to deploy wider LTE channels which is awesome. Its a win-win for both companies that is how spectrum IMO should be dispersed based on which carrier can make it the most efficient.

It sucks that Sprint is only bounded to PCS spectrum. If they had AWS spectrum as a carrot to tangle then that would have some way to make some trades.

If only T-Mobile would spend their dam money on the squatters holding onto 700, but nah.

It sucks that Sprint is only bounded to PCS spectrum.  If they had AWS spectrum as a carrot to tangle then that would have some way to make some trades.

You are disregarding BRS/EBS spectrum.  That is where Sprint will have its large contiguous bandwidth 20 MHz TDD carriers -- 2x, 3x, or greater in most markets.  And PCS eventually will have 10-15 MHz FDD carriers in most markets, too.

AJ

I wish Sprint was able to obtain more PCS spectrum in PCS starved markets. Tmobile is doing spectrum swaps all the time to align themselves to be able to deploy wider LTE channels which to me is efficient.

Even though I've made it known I'm not a fan of Sprint's PCS spectrum holdings, it isn't because of anything I have against mid band, but only because of the current amount. However, if Sprint could gain more, and aggregate it, that would be great. I'd like to see it offer service like one big pipe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. As of now, I'm aware that in the Chicago market, Sprint has two sets of 5x5 PCS for LTE and another 5x5 PCS for Voice, etc. If Sprint could get more PCS spectrum since they are not getting rid of that 5x5 PCS for Voice anytime soon, another 5x5 PCS, when aggregated with the others on LTE, would make it similar to 15x15. Am I correct?

• Like 1

If only T-Mobile would spend their dam money on the squatters holding onto 700, but nah.

Ehhh I think Tmobile will pick and choose the 700 MHz-A licenses to buy when its appropriate.  Currently there are no other interested parties in the 700 MHz-A licenses nationwide so Tmobile doesn't feel threatened and can hold out until the squatters run up against the build out requirements of which they would need to sell or lose it.  

Now the game will change if for some reason some other carrier is interested in buying the remaining 700 MHz-A licenses.  Then Tmobile would feel pressured to spend the money to gobble up the major 700 MHz-A licenses it can't afford to lose. I can't really blame Tmobile since Sprint did the same exact thing against its 800 MHz spectrum squatters which included some squatters being taken to court.  As long as Tmobile is going full speed on its 700 MHz deployment in the markets that have spectrum they should be fine.  Believe me, I want Tmobile to gobble up all the remaining 700 MHz-A licenses as much as you do because I know given Tmobile's track record that they will deploy and make use of the spectrum.

• Like 2

Ehhh I think Tmobile will pick and choose the 700 MHz-A licenses to buy when its appropriate. Currently there are no other interested parties in the 700 MHz-A licenses nationwide so Tmobile doesn't feel threatened and can hold out until the squatters run up against the build out requirements of which they would need to sell or lose it.

That may not be the case with U.S. Cellular and C-Spire. They definitely aren't boarding licenses (with a few exceptions in which they'll probably end up selling instead of expanding). Count Nashvile, Birmingham, and Memphis as some of the markets where T-Mobkle will probably miss out on block A 700 Mhz spectrum.

That may not be the case with U.S. Cellular and C-Spire. They definitely aren't boarding licenses (with a few exceptions in which they'll probably end up selling instead of expanding). Count Nashvile, Birmingham, and Memphis as some of the markets where T-Mobkle will probably miss out on block A 700 Mhz spectrum.

I never said anything about US Cellular and C-spire markets giving up their 700 MHz block A licenses and them squatting on their spectrum.  They will or have been deploying its 700 MHz block A licenses and are off limits.

However if you look at the spectrum map in the link below there are still a ton of 700 MHz block A licenses up for grabs and I don't see US Cellular and C-spire snapping them up since it is not part of their target markets which they provide service.  So my point is Tmobile doesn't really feel threatened to need to overpay for the 700 MHz block A licenses from the spectrum squatters at this point.

Other than in most of the midwest where US Celluar and C-Spire currently have the 700 MHz block A licenses, if Tmobile can pick up all the remaining 700 MHz block A licenses (in brown color) in the rest of the country, they will be in a good shape especially if they can get that Chicago license from Laser, Inc.

http://specmap.sequence-omega.net/