T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

The N41 antennas are small squares. There are few examples posted, but I'm not sure where at the moment. I'll link back to them if I come across them.
I have seen the small square antenna on sprint sites, would that be on a t mo site too

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, jthawks said:

I have seen the small square antenna on sprint sites, would that be on a t mo site too

Those are the B41 M-MIMO / 5G antennas Sprint was deploying on their sites. I've seen a few sprinkled around town, especially around down town (next to Mile High is the one I saw first). The T-Mobile N41 antennas are actually smaller than those.

• Like 1

Those are the B41 M-MIMO / 5G antennas Sprint was deploying on their sites. I've seen a few sprinkled around town, especially around down town (next to Mile High is the one I saw first). The T-Mobile N41 antennas are actually smaller than those.
I see. I'll get pics of one's i think are N41. How was your trip?

1 minute ago, jthawks said:

Great! Didn't do much in Denver for obvious reasons, but did some camping and biking in the mountains. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 8:17 AM, stlman314 said:

Found this in St. Louis yesterday

20200723_190611 resize.jpg

6 minutes ago, jthawks said:

The squarish antenna on the left is the T-Mobile N41 antenna that I'm pretty sure is being deployed in Denver.

• Like 1

The squarish antenna on the left is the T-Mobile N41 antenna that I'm pretty sure is being deployed in Denver.
Oh OK. Then I have seen those. I don't think they are live yet.
Good pics. Thank you

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

It's been a long time since I've posted here. In my market I think T-Mobile will definitely deactivate sprints Network very quickly because of the capacity constraints here. I think they want to get that band 41 spectrum up and running very quickly. In my market 600 megahertz is pretty much done being deployed.

• Like 1

Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to roam on T-Mobile's network?  I went to an area today where I usually lose Sprint coverage but roam on T-Mobile.  But today, it gave me a message that the selected network, T-Mobile, was unavailable.

Is there some code I can put in to fix that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clbowens said:

Does anyone know why I wouldn't be able to roam on T-Mobile's network?  I went to an area today where I usually lose Sprint coverage but roam on T-Mobile.  But today, it gave me a message that the selected network, T-Mobile, was unavailable.

Is there some code I can put in to fix that?

No that's on the network side...

On 8/14/2020 at 1:56 PM, dewbertdc said:

*nods* I hope T-Mobile isn't working in an "Act Now, Apologize Later" mode... I could see that biting them in the you-know-what.

So I decided to write them over the weekend, and I got a relatively generic reply, except for this one sentence:

"Please note that antenna permits are only required to be pulled if the antenna is being placed on an actual building, antennas on poles do not require permits so there may not always be a permit needed."

So that seems to explain that.  Disappointing, but at least sensible.  I might next write to Alexandria as I know I've seen the new antennas on a building without a permit I could find, but I haven't decided yet.

- Trip

On 8/15/2020 at 10:13 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

On 8/4/2020 at 4:58 PM, mdob07 said:

Haven't found any SA N71 yet in Louisville or southern Indiana. I did use the RAT menu (*#2263#) to force to N71SA but I kept getting this: (Also, the samsung band selector app doesn't seem to work for any NR bands, it does great for LTE though. For example I only enabled B2, B66 LTE and N41 in the app to search for N41 but still kept getting N71. RAT menu works for now. Hopefully they can get that working through the app too since its faster to do it that way. 

xyDWOf6l.jpg

Same spot with everything enabled:

RGonEh9l.jpg

Just wanted to say once I did the software update that enabled nr5g I've seen a few already around Denver and Thornton.  Pretty cool.  Speeds not so hot but that's ok.

I have noticed that when SA N71 works Android auto will show 5G for signal indicator. When on NSA with LTE it always reports LTE even when the phone says 5G. After another update SA seems to work more than it did, but I still get blocked from time to time. I found a reddit thread with people discussing similar issues and apparently one of them was told by T-Mobile that it was a Samsung issue not a network issue. No idea how true that is though. e8f6a1908aa5ffee758c0538499c231a.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jthawks said:

So I got almost 300 mbps on band 66. My question is this 3ca or just a great connection? Can someone break this down for me?

Your images show up extremely pixelated, but it looks like you were aggregating Band 66 with a couple of Band 46 carriers. That would explain the speeds.

Your images show up extremely pixelated, but it looks like you were aggregating Band 66 with a couple of Band 46 carriers. That would explain the speeds.
Oh OK, thank you. I thought so. But here's a better pic I hope. 3e963eccf8bf903aae02da150cc17d7a.jpgb9b94eeb22f7a18672ceeb64e6ef52c5.jpg

7 hours ago, jthawks said:

So I got almost 300 mbps on band 66. My question is this 3ca or just a great connection? Can someone break this down for me?

I can see in your picture that you're aggregating a Band 66 carrier with a 15MHz Band 2 carrier and 2 20MHz (LAA) Band 46 carriers. LAA is great where you can find it because it almost always provides insane speeds comparable to, if not slightly faster than Sprint's 3xCA Band 41. 

Here's a speed test I took in NYC. I believe this was 1 Band 66 carrier and 3 Band 46 carriers for a combined total of 80MHz of spectrum.

YkntOYp.jpg

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...