lilotimz

T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

Nope it's by zenobia and 10th Ave in Denver

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh yeah how's T-Mobile over there? And is this cell site in California?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Oh yeah how's T-Mobile over there? And is this cell site in California?

Denver, California.

• Haha 1

Denver, California.
So it's in Denver California?

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

So it's in Denver California?

Sure.

• Like 1

Sure.
I'm confused.

I'm confused.

Ifly danlodish

Ifly danlodish
???

I'm confused.

I was just having some fun with ya.

You quoted his post that says Denver, that state Capital of Colorado, asking about California.

1 minute ago, danlodish345 said:

???

This was me professing my love for all posts danlodish

I was just having some fun with ya.
You quoted his post that says Denver, that state Capital of Colorado, asking about California.
Oh ok

This was me professing my love for all posts danlodish
That's fine

2 hours ago, Carrilloevo said:

Nope it's by zenobia and 10th Ave in Denver

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Well they're similar one's up north off pecos from 92nd south to almost 36freeway that are t mobile

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trip said:

Good find Trip. But I will NOT be buying a new 5G handset today and maybe for years, especially on T-Mobile.   MAYBE, just MAYBE, if T-Mobile does team up with Sprint and get enough spectrum to do 5G right,  I may consider 5G.  Not now however.

16 minutes ago, chamb said:

Good find Trip. But I will NOT be buying a new 5G handset today and maybe for years, especially on T-Mobile.   MAYBE, just MAYBE, if T-Mobile does team up with Sprint and get enough spectrum to do 5G right,  I may consider 5G.  Not now however.

My own plans are to get an next generation (Mid Feb or later) unlocked 5g phone that I can select any bands else root (likely LG or Moto since not too many folks like to blow away Samsung Pay). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

My own plans are to get an next generation (Mid Feb or later) unlocked 5g phone that I can select any bands else root (likely LG or Moto since not too many folks like to blow away Samsung Pay). 

Maybe you have a NEED for 5G.  I surely do not. Just give me 4G that works well and I am happy.  Right now, I need Sprint to activate 25+41 aggregation. I have plenty of band 41 signals around here but the upload on my S9 just does not work on weaker band 41.

I do not see anybody coming up with an activation date for 25+41 but it is making life horrible without it. HPUE sure was not the answer to band 41 upload issues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chamb said:

HPUE sure was not the answer to band 41 upload issues.

Couldn't agree more with you on this.    Way over-hyped, as "old Sprint" used to do a lot.    HPUE didn't even help pull the band 41 signal in more like it was brainwashed into us at the time.   Was to make B41 signal nearly as strong/available as Band 25.    ... Never in my experiences!  

Edited by dro1984

33 minutes ago, chamb said:

Maybe you have a NEED for 5G.  I surely do not. Just give me 4G that works well and I am happy.  Right now, I need Sprint to activate 25+41 aggregation. I have plenty of band 41 signals around here but the upload on my S9 just does not work on weaker band 41.

I do not see anybody coming up with an activation date for 25+41 but it is making life horrible without it. HPUE sure was not the answer to band 41 upload issues.

So you do have a need for 5G!  Another solution that solves the UL issue B41 has. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, red_dog007 said:

So you do have a need for 5G!  Another solution that solves the UL issue B41 has. 

How does 5G fix the band 41 upload issue???  I have to see that.  The only way I can fix it is turn off Band 41. Maybe moving to another carrier where there is no band 41 would fix the issue too.   At Sprint, 5G uses band 41 for both 4G and 5G.  So 5G on Sprint probably has the same issue. Poor upload. 

Maybe MIMO on 5G helps, but the phones just can not transmit a strong enough signal on band 41.

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

HPUE didn't even help pull the band 41 signal in more like it was brainwashed into us at the time.   Was to make B41 signal nearly as strong/available as Band 25.    ... Never in my experiences!  

Can't say the same for myself. In NYC where Band 41 is deployed on nearly every site and then some, I'm either on Band 41 or Band 26. I'm virtually never on Band 25. In Boston, I'm on Band 25 more but that's because there are still plenty of cell sites without Band 41 equipment. 

I saw a few speed tests of T-Mobile's 600MHz 5G in Puerto Rico and they resemble 20x20 LTE honestly. It'll be a great 5G foundation but what T-Mobile really needs is Band 41 to complement their mmWave and low-band. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

I saw a few speed tests of T-Mobile's 600MHz 5G in Puerto Rico and they resemble 20x20 LTE honestly. It'll be a great 5G foundation but what T-Mobile really needs is Band 41 to complement their mmWave and low-band. 

Not only does Tmobile need Sprint's 2.5 GHz spectrum (Band 41) that but they badly need Sprint's PCS spectrum assets as well.  In many top metros, it can mean that they can finally launch 20x20 carriers in the PCS band as well.  In the article below it has a chart for the top metros and how the PCS holdings complement each other.  I know 20x20 carriers are sorely needed in Los Angeles.

https://www.speedtest.net/insights/blog/new-t-mobile-spectrum-coverage/

12 hours ago, chamb said:

How does 5G fix the band 41 upload issue???  I have to see that.  The only way I can fix it is turn off Band 41. Maybe moving to another carrier where there is no band 41 would fix the issue too.   At Sprint, 5G uses band 41 for both 4G and 5G.  So 5G on Sprint probably has the same issue. Poor upload. 

Maybe MIMO on 5G helps, but the phones just can not transmit a strong enough signal on band 41.

5G could fix the upload issue once it is standalone, since the full channel width will be used for upload (three times faster @ 60MHz plus 5g speed boost).  There is also the possibility that they could alter the time schedule on demand to increase the upload, but I have only seen this in papers, not mentioned by any carrier yet. Currently 5g in NSA is aggregated with other  LTE bands, thus the LTE primary does the upload.

11 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

The test I want to really see for N71 is at the cell edge.  If your were at 3Mbps with LTE and now you could get 6Mbps, that would be a noticeable improvement,