Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Arysyn said:

T-Mobile has become better around here since the initial introduction of BingeOn and the all-unlimited plans. However still not excellent quite yet. I've had some issues at an outdoor mall I've gone to a few times recently, but I'm not sure its necessarily the network. I definitely need a new phone - waiting for the Sony XZ2 Premium, so it may be the limitations of the Microsoft Lumia 950xl I'm still using, grudgingly.

Well what phone do you have? If it doesn't support the latest LTE bands then you're obviously going to suffer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bottom line for me is if ALL video streaming was being throttled, why even require content providers subscribe and be approved by T-Mobile? All video that was being throttled should have counted

Legere's blog post was very misleading. He made it seem the national map was LTE coverage. Either native or through partners. We know it's not LTE coverage.   And not only is it EDGE in the Dakot

Posted Images

4 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Well what phone do you have? If it doesn't support the latest LTE bands then you're obviously going to suffer.

That is what I'm figuring it might be, but I'm not sure. I have the Microsoft Lumia 950xl, which when I bought it there were still some small chance of better support from Microsoft than what there is now. Thankfully I got it at a great price brand new around $300 from B&H, which at the time was well worth it. Now I'm not so sure its even worth $200. The Honor 7x at $200 probably is a better deal actually.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arysyn said:

That is what I'm figuring it might be, but I'm not sure. I have the Microsoft Lumia 950xl, which when I bought it there were still some small chance of better support from Microsoft than what there is now. Thankfully I got it at a great price brand new around $300 from B&H, which at the time was well worth it. Now I'm not so sure its even worth $200. The Honor 7x at $200 probably is a better deal actually.

Well get a phone that is band 12 capable

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Need help identifying this one. I’d normally assume T-Mobile but the middle panel is unfamiliar to me, not sure if that’s massive MIMO or something else.
n3dDH6Q.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gusherb said:

Need help identifying this one. I’d normally assume T-Mobile but the middle panel is unfamiliar to me, not sure if that’s massive MIMO or something else.
n3dDH6Q.jpg

It seems like it might be Verizon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

T-Mobile released RCS UP 1.0 to users of the GS7 and GS7 Edge and a lot of folks feel like they've been mislead. There is no carrier interoperability and it only works on 2 devices right now. They basically gave two devices the bare minimum so that they could meet the deadline that they set for themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

T-Mobile released RCS UP 1.0 to users of the GS7 and GS7 Edge and a lot of folks feel like they've been mislead. There is no carrier interoperability and it only works on 2 devices right now. They basically gave two devices the bare minimum so that they could meet the deadline that they set for themselves.

Meh. RCS is a pretty useless feature without iPhone support. I don't know why everyone wants it so much. So many people have iPhones and Apple will probably never support RCS.

What people should be really hyped about is Android Web Messages. It's a really awesome feature and a lot better than iMessage when it comes to computer support. With such a huge leap in messaging accessibility, I don't know why people are so hung up on RCS. 

Edited by greenbastard
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greenbastard said:

Meh. RCS is a pretty useless feature without iPhone support. Don't know why everyone likes it so much when so many people have iPhones that will probably never support RCS.

What people should be really hyped about is Android Web Messages. It's a really awesome feature and a lot better than iMessage when it comes to computer support. With such a huge leap in messaging accessibility, I don't know why people are so hung up on RCS. 

Because RCS is better than SMS in every way. Why wouldn't I be hyped about it? Super high character limit, being able to send larger files, read receipts, typing indicators, etc. Until RCS is standard across Android devices and carriers, Apple will never implement it. So it's in everyone's best interest to want RCS deployed as quick and as wide as possible.

Web Messaging is great too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Because RCS is better than SMS in every way. Why wouldn't I be hyped about it? Super high character limit, being able to send larger files, read receipts, typing indicators, etc. Until RCS is standard across Android devices and carriers, Apple will never implement it. So it's in everyone's best interest to want RCS deployed as quick and as wide as possible.

Web Messaging is great too.

>43% of American users have an iPhone. RCS will just become another fragmented messaging solution that is hurt by the division of Android and iOS users. We're better off pushing for cross-platform messaging services such as Telegram or WhatsApp.

I'll get exited once Apple adopts RCS. Until then, big ol' meh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, greenbastard said:

>43% of American users have an iPhone. RCS will just become another fragmented messaging solution that is hurt by the division of Android and iOS users. We're better off pushing for cross-platform messaging services such as Telegram or WhatsApp.

I'll get exited once Apple adopts RCS. Until then, big ol' meh.

Apple won't adopt RCS until it become the main form of messaging in the U.S. on Android devices. RCS is not an OTT messaging platform. It, like SMS, is built into the default messenger so most people will be using it without even knowing. If OTT messaging services were the solution to the messaging problems that the U.S. has, everyone would be messaging via FB Messenger, WhatsApp, or Telegram already, but that isn't the case. What we need is better SMS.

No one is the U.S. wants to download an app to message anybody. Allo proved that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, greenbastard said:

>43% of American users have an iPhone. RCS will just become another fragmented messaging solution that is hurt by the division of Android and iOS users. We're better off pushing for cross-platform messaging services such as Telegram or WhatsApp.

I'll get exited once Apple adopts RCS. Until then, big ol' meh.

 

RCS also allows Android users and developers access to things like chat bots,  and business messaging.  As another user said, Apple won't adopt RCS until the only sms messages being sent are between Android users and Apple users.  Currently, it is supported by 55 mobile operators.  It is in everyones best interest for it be available on all carriers so it does not turn into a fragmented mess. 

I'm not sure what T-Mobile is doing but it doesn't really seem they are as actively trying to get RCS enabled for it's users as they say.  Sprint did it in 12 weeks.  T-Mobile has apparently been working on it for over a 100 weeks and can only launch on two devices so far.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, greenbastard said:

Meh. RCS is a pretty useless feature without iPhone support. I don't know why everyone wants it so much. So many people have iPhones and Apple will probably never support RCS.

What people should be really hyped about is Android Web Messages. It's a really awesome feature and a lot better than iMessage when it comes to computer support. With such a huge leap in messaging accessibility, I don't know why people are so hung up on RCS. 

Well, this is why people use programs such as Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp.  Because their friends use it gives them RCS like capabilities, while being able to import their "low class" SMS messages.  

It isn't really worthless when more than half the USA market uses Android.  iPhone has even less share around the world.  For example the Chinese market share for Android is almost 75% whose market is 3x larger than the USA. So yeah, RCS is a big deal. 
Many other apps support RCS, such as VZW messaging, but have yet to implement the universal profile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Greetings everyone. Finally reporting from the Black Hills of South Dakota and Northern Wyoming. T-Mobile has done a rock solid job in Wyoming. All mapped on Cellmapper. Only hole is at Sundance, however, a site looks like it's coming there. This gives solid T-Mobile coverage on I-90 from the South Dakota/Wyoming border through Gillette and beyond. Will map sites beyond and across to Sheridan WY after the Sturgis motorcycle rally. In South Dakota, 600mhz is here. Black Hawk SD site was upgraded yesterday. Catron Blvd site is scheduled next-LIVE date is showing 22AUG18. Keystone and Wall are also scheduled for August. Expect many more to come.  The Golden West tower in Sturgis that T-Mobile was using as a temp tower during the rally is being upgraded to a full suite permanent site. Band 2/4/12 like the other tower in Sturgis. Rapid City has been promised 4 new sites by EOY. I expect them sooner. Will advise when I know more. Things are hopping and Sprint is now in the mix as well. It's a great time for this area. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent news on coverage!   Enjoy that new availability!! Hopefully once the merger is approved, (hoping) we will all get an uptick of new coverage.      

Link to post
Share on other sites
Greetings everyone. Finally reporting from the Black Hills of South Dakota and Northern Wyoming. T-Mobile has done a rock solid job in Wyoming. All mapped on Cellmapper. Only hole is at Sundance, however, a site looks like it's coming there. This gives solid T-Mobile coverage on I-90 from the South Dakota/Wyoming border through Gillette and beyond. Will map sites beyond and across to Sheridan WY after the Sturgis motorcycle rally. In South Dakota, 600mhz is here. Black Hawk SD site was upgraded yesterday. Catron Blvd site is scheduled next-LIVE date is showing 22AUG18. Keystone and Wall are also scheduled for August. Expect many more to come.  The Golden West tower in Sturgis that T-Mobile was using as a temp tower during the rally is being upgraded to a full suite permanent site. Band 2/4/12 like the other tower in Sturgis. Rapid City has been promised 4 new sites by EOY. I expect them sooner. Will advise when I know more. Things are hopping and Sprint is now in the mix as well. It's a great time for this area. 
I went through that area just a month ago and coverage wasn't that great for where I went and which was also around Sundance so I unfortunately have to switch myself out to AT&T

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
I went through that area just a month ago and coverage wasn't that great for where I went and which was also around Sundance so I unfortunately have to switch myself out to AT&T

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

In Wyoming you have to have a Band 71 phone for certain as sites are Band 4 and Band 71. Going to be similar here soon if you want the BEST experience.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
In Wyoming you have to have a Band 71 phone for certain as sites are Band 4 and Band 71. Going to be similar here soon if you want the BEST experience.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I had band 71 capable phone the Galaxy S9 Plus it's still then work out great for me. But for those that love TMobile which is fine and their continued improvements which I would like to see continued eventually I would switch back. But for now for where I go to mobile is not a suitable option but for those that love them more power to them:-)

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2018 at 7:58 PM, red_dog007 said:

Well, this is why people use programs such as Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp.  Because their friends use it gives them RCS like capabilities, while being able to import their "low class" SMS messages.  

It isn't really worthless when more than half the USA market uses Android.  iPhone has even less share around the world.  For example the Chinese market share for Android is almost 75% whose market is 3x larger than the USA. So yeah, RCS is a big deal. 
Many other apps support RCS, such as VZW messaging, but have yet to implement the universal profile.

I found rcs on t mobile to be kinda unreliable...didnt work right half of the time

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those espousing RCS. It will never supplant iMessages on the iPhone. There might be a gateway to RCS so that they can communicate with RCS users on Android but that's about it! Now I have both an iPhone and an Android phone bu that's because I am a geek and my android phone is my backup phone. 

As far as T-Mobile is concerned kudos to them for expanding coverage. I can't wait to see what they will do with Sprint's spectrum/network.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigsnake49 said:

For those espousing RCS. It will never supplant iMessages on the iPhone. There might be a gateway to RCS so that they can communicate with RCS users on Android but that's about it! Now I have both an iPhone and an Android phone bu that's because I am a geek and my android phone is my backup phone. 

As far as T-Mobile is concerned kudos to them for expanding coverage. I can't wait to see what they will do with Sprint's spectrum/network.

I don't think anyone actually expects RCS to supplant iMessage. Instead we expect it to replace SMS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

I don't think anyone actually expects RCS to supplant iMessage. Instead we expect it to replace SMS.

Why? SMS is an extremely low overhead protocol riding on top of the control channel. MMS yes, it can replace MMS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Why? SMS is an extremely low overhead protocol riding on top of the control channel. MMS yes, it can replace MMS.

The whole point of it is to replace both sms and mms, and it works pretty well on Sprint, not so much on Tmobile.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

The whole point of it is to replace both sms and mms, and it works pretty well on Sprint, not so much on Tmobile.

The RCs doesn't work right at all. SMS actually works a lot better. Half the time I didn't even get notifications saying it was delivered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

The RCs doesn't work right at all. SMS actually works a lot better. Half the time I didn't even get notifications saying it was delivered.

Works fine for me, luckily, I know a ton of folks on Sprint. So it works well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Similar Content

    • By DesignGuy
      Fierce has a poll posted... and is utilizing a bracket style contest to find out who their readers think is the most powerful person in the telecom industry. Between Marcelo and the pink clad Chihuahua of a man... I give it to Marcelo. I think the final winner should be Masa, it's is a name people know and will get to know more in the coming years worldwide. But for the current poll, it's an easy decision for me!  
       
      http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/vote-now-to-decide-who-most-powerful-person-u-s-telecom-industry
       
       
       
    • By lilotimz
      T-mobile Ericsson Cell Equipment
       
      For Ericsson markets t-mobile uses what is known as AIR antenna units which have the radio unit integrated with the antenna. This type of setup significantly reduces signal loss from the radio to the antenna since they're both practically next to each other and not sepearated by coax jumper cables like that of a remote radio unit.
       
      Basic Ericsson AIR21 setup
      (Note typically there are 2 Ericsson AIR per sector)

       

       

       
      Ericsson AIR21 + Band 12 700 mhz Equipment
       
      Note the addition of a new low band 700 mhz capable antenna + Ericsson RRUS11 B12 (remote radio units) in addition to new TMA (tower mounted amplifiers) connected to the AIR antenna. The new Ericsson RRUS11 B12 + Antenna addition is for tmobiles band 12 700mhz (L700) deployment. 

      (Credit: tmo.rocks)
       
      Credit for the photographs belong to whoever took it. You know who you are!
    • By derrph
      With the introduction of the new plans Sprint has announced. I told one of my friends about the $60 unlimited plan and she was shocked yet happy about it. She currently has T-Mobile and there has been times where my Sprint service has out performed her service even in the city with puling up information and out of town...well... you already know how that went. She was talking about switching and stuff but then she sent me a typical article bashing Sprint and I got irritated by it and I had to explain to her that Sprint is not bad at all. These articles are based on past experiences from 3+ years ago. I told her I'm pulling 60+ mbps on LTE but she's worried about Sprint being slow ( because of what she read). Guys give me some advice on persuading her to give Sprint a chance. 
       
      I feel like articles that are being posted is what keeps away customers.  It makes no sense that T-Mobiles 2g network is not spoken about when they are in the news for changes to plans and such. But good ol Sprint makes changes and articles that get posted rips Sprint apart for filth. 
    • By belusnecropolis
      http://ces.cnet.com/8301-35284_1-57616761/how-i-got-t-mobiles-ceo-kicked-out-of-at-ts-ces-party/
      Roger Cheng @cnet appears to have had the most fun out of this, it kind of wrote the story for him I guess, so there is that. Also, just noticed the extra title Q, that is gonna drive some people nuts today. Top lel.
  • Posts

    • The only thing you get with a TNX SIM is SA. Sprint-SIM phones still have TMo as the primary, with keep sites filling in just like they do on TNX, but non-keep sites are available as a fallback (high priority roaming, basically). Oh, and you get CDMA (including 1x800) as a fallback rather than H+/GSM until CDMA goes away. The benefit of a Sprint SIM will decrease over time, but for non-5G there's still a benefit. You want TNX basically for SA (if you wind up in areas where n71 can reach but B2/66 can't) and NR CA at some point where you can get n71 and n41. That's...basically it.
    • I've found a couple more recently tagged Sprint keep sites that are really close to existing T-Mobile sites. It'll be interesting to see when these get converted if they get everything or mid-band frequencies only. 
    • I would caution against making that statement for everywhere. Personally I switched my line from Sprint to T-Mobile right after the merger completed and even then it was already a better experience and has only gotten better since. Also keep in mind that T-Mobile will continue to take from the Sprint network and redeploy on its network. Here they've already trimmed both Sprint's B41 and B25 spectrum. This will vary city to city though, but even if Sprint is still the better of the two networks now it's only a matter of time before that changes. 
    • The iphones i believe will support VoLTE once they have the TNX sim.    As for getting an s21. Since it is a 5g device it will use the T-Mobile network primarily even on a sprint sim. The sprint sim will connect to non keep sites if needed. I would personally try to stay on a sprint sim on that device unless standalone 5g is important to you.
    • It belongs to ConEd for "smart" electric meter reading.
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...