T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

A few highlights from the T-Mobile Press Release regarding the OpenSignal reports :

“Better matters. But BEST sure as hell matters more,” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “I’ve always said, ‘Shut up and listen to your customers.’ Well, now, customers across all US wireless providers have spoken—through billions of their network experiences—and they’ve told us loud and clear that America’s Un-carrier has built America’s BEST unlimited network.”

In addition to the OpenSignal results, T-Mobile’s LTE network was also fastest for the 14th quarter in a row according to Ookla Speedtest.net data, which is based on millions of actual customer experiences.

“It’s a clean sweep for the Un-carrier!” said Neville Ray, Chief Technology Officer for T-Mobile. “For the past several years, T-Mobile customers have been riding on America’s fastest LTE network. But that wasn’t good enough for us. Now T-Mobile’s network is the fastest, the most responsive and has the most reliable LTE signal in the nation. That’s what I’m talkin’ about!”

Of course, crowd sourced results are never manipulated, skewed, or just flat out wrong.  See the 2016 United States presidential election:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016

But I wonder why T-Mobile cannot ever seem to get scientifically tested results to match up with crowd sourced results.

Hmm...

AJ

• Like 6

Not to get political, but perhaps this is why John Legere got into a Twitter fight with Donald Trump. They do things to get a reaction that earns them fans, then the power and influence these men seem to have over these fans cause them to do, say, and even believe in things they normally wouldn't.

So, as Trump convinces people to think and express some crazy things, Legere convinces people to believe T-Mobile is more than a wireless carrier, its the "Uncarrier", a way of life, and to the Magentans, certainly beyond scientific reasoning and rational thought.

John Legere claims T-Mobile is doing wonders in addressing consumer "pain points" and using the example of T-Mobile Tuesdays as giving back to customers, when it really just is giving away free stuff and discounts into appeasing customers into believing T-Mobile cares about them.

This apparently holds a stronger effect in certain media than science.

• Like 1

Let's try to keep politics out of the forum.

i agree with you on that ...and also...i see sprint improving their network once they sort them selves out...hopefully eventually they can catch up to tmobile eventually. ... i see tmobile needing a long way to go still to catch up to verizon....

i agree with you on that ...and also...i see sprint improving their network once they sort them selves out...hopefully eventually they can catch up to tmobile eventually. ... i see tmobile needing a long way to go still to catch up to verizon....

True. I have both a T-Mobile and Sprint line and one thing I can tell you is that my Sprint line never goes No Service. It may drop to 3G that's either beyond slow or unusable but Sprint has the reliably part down. I really boggles my mind that T-Mobile cannot get that part right and they have a way dense network compared to Sprint. T-Mobile has to work on how reliable the network is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

True. I have both a T-Mobile and Sprint line and one thing I can tell you is that my Sprint line never goes No Service. It may drop to 3G that's either beyond slow or unusable but Sprint has the reliably part down. I really boggles my mind that T-Mobile cannot get that part right and they have a way dense network compared to Sprint. T-Mobile has to work on how reliable the network is.

in my area sprint in terms of 3g is solid...lte is being worked on which is great ...tmobile lte is semi spotty but their 3g is rock solid in terms of reception...

I run into the same thing when comparing T-Mobile and Sprint. T-Mobile will show No Service while standing outside on a Sunny day.

T-Mobile will show No Service while standing outside on a Sunny day.

As the saying goes, even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days.

AJ

• Like 4

Every time I try to use OpenSignals website it always seems to be wrong or not have heck of a lot of data.

When you look at root metrics coverage map, for the number of customers ATT and VZW have, it seems like they have a lot less who care and are interested in this stuff. Lot less participation/data.

Edited by red_dog007

Every time I try to use OpenSignals website it always seems to be wrong or not have heck of a lot of data.

When you look at root metrics coverage map, for the number of customers ATT and VZW have, it seems like they have a lot less who care and are interested in this stuff. Lot less participation/data.

That's simply because they are out enjoying their cellular service and not cranking away at speed test apps all day long saying "ha ha my data is faster than yours"

• Like 2

That's simply because they are out enjoying their cellular service and not cranking away at speed test apps all day long saying "ha ha my data is faster than yours"

i m glad i have sprint and tmobile...see these two compete

Sounds like a waste of time. The typical 55+ year old isn't using significant amounts of data.

More empty marketing by T-Mobile.

Sounds like a waste of time. The typical 55+ year old isn't using significant amounts of data.

More empty marketing by T-Mobile.

I am in that over 55 class. I use a bunch of data.  I do realize the vast majority over 55 might not, but there are some that will probably jump on the plan.   I see the low price. Great if you have unlimited for that price and do not need to worry about usage.

• Like 2