T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

T-Mobile's coverage is definitely better in my market. My daughter broke her phone so I put her SIM in my Nexus 6. It was much faster and I held on the LTE in many more places than I would have with Sprint. This was before band 12 was online. Now that band 12 is online those places that T-Mobile had no service now has LTE. Looks as if TMobile is only using it for coverage only. The devices mostly sit on band 4 or band 2.

How is band 12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is band 12?

I've only used it in a location where I previously had no service. Other than that I sit on Band 4 95% of the time. My market has 20x20 band 4, 10x10 band 2 and 5x5 band 12
  • Like 1

Very intrigued about Tmobile cutting taxes and fees, or bundling them  in the plan prices. 

While this may just be my experience, ending taxes and surcharges and bs crap fees is going to leave Sprint as the most offensive "extra crap on top of the price" carrier.   The taxes  and surcharges continue to play a role every time I consider bringing lines back to sprint.   I have never comprehended how 3 carriers I've had (sprint, att, verizon) can have such different % of taxes of surcharges on top of the price for the same billing address. 

• Like 3

Very intrigued about Tmobile cutting taxes and fees, or bundling them in the plan prices.

While this may just be my experience, ending taxes and surcharges and bs crap fees is going to leave Sprint as the most offensive "extra crap on top of the price" carrier. The taxes and surcharges continue to play a role every time I consider bringing lines back to sprint. I have never comprehended how 3 carriers I've had (sprint, att, verizon) can have such different % of taxes of surcharges on top of the price for the same billing address.

This is what I've always liked about MetroPCS pricing.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I've always liked about MetroPCS pricing.

tmobiles lte speeds have jumped here....but carrier aggregation isnt deployed completely in my market....its on a tower to far but tmobile is amazing in my area... the unlimited tethering is amazing i hardly use more then 3 gigs.....but it works well when i need it :)

• Like 3

Can anyone tell me if its true that Tmobile uses Band 5 for LTE in Myrtle Beach NC. Someone on Howard Forums claims they do?

it's the only place in the country where T-Mobile has a slice of 10x10 MHz and I do think it's on band 5

it's the only place in the country where T-Mobile has a slice of 10x10 MHz and I do think it's on band 5

Wow cool. Here's is there pics.1ec26c01587af01e2a43e8ea349057bf.jpge62c0e180b3090beaa8145b5a7fbe956.jpg

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Is that your home area

No. I just got them from the Howard forum where it posted

Its true.

10x10 L850, plus GSM in 850.

Is that cause there's no B12 or they just wanted to block att?

I get 25/15 on an 850 GMO through the woods, to my cat6 router. No carrier aggregation network side here yet, but it sure is nice as the band 4 I receive sits at 10MHz FDD as well so this provides much better signal strength.

All the talk of low band being worthless baffles me. Folks who say that do not have one intermittent band 25 slice to work with, I am guessing.

• Like 2

Sprint acquired some AWS spectrum in western Virginia and a 700mhz A block license in Memphis last year. If I were them, I would try to work out a trade with T-Mobile for that 10x10 800 block in Myrtle Beach and/or some PCS spectrum in spectrum constrained markets. The 800 spectrum T-Mobile holds in Myrtle beach is contiguous with Sprint's 800mhz so Sprint could run a 15x15 band 26 carrier (they would need to get equipment recertified) if they were to acquire it.

Sprint acquired some AWS spectrum in western Virginia and a 700mhz A block license in Memphis last year. If I were them, I would try to work out a trade with T-Mobile for that 10x10 800 block in Myrtle Beach and/or some PCS spectrum in spectrum constrained markets. The 800 spectrum T-Mobile holds in Myrtle beach is contiguous with Sprint's 800mhz so Sprint could run a 15x15 band 26 carrier (they would need to get equipment recertified) if they were to acquire it.

That Memphis 700a block was only a lease and it fell through at the end. Cellular South still owns it.

Don't count on it.

700a in Memphis is encumbered by Ch51.

Also, I believe that was a short term lease from CSpire. Still in their hands as far as I can see.

And T-Mobile's interest in West Virginia is roughly zero. They might consider a ROB project if they held 700.

But with USCC roaming supposedly looming on the horizon, likely no interest at all.

Don't get your hopes up.

• Like 1

The nTelos AWS spectrum has already been traded away, I believe to US Cellular.

- Trip

Tmobile announces no taxes on phones.  Don't know the details of how long this promo will last (perhaps until Tax Day [4/18]) but essentially Tmobile will issue you a prepaid rebate card of 11.2% of the phone's costs to cover your phone taxes if you sign up for the EIP.  

I think for most states if not all, the sales tax rate is less than 11.2% so you will probably come out on top.  Hopefully this deal sticks around in time of the GS8 release date.

It would be nice if Sprint offered the same promo.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/tax-holiday.htm

• Like 1

It would be nice if Sprint offered the same promo.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/tax-holiday.htm

It would be nice if Sprint also didn't charge a little premium on their phones.  Sprint vs TMobile, Sprint S7 costs $25 more. The V20 is $23 more.  The G5 is $65 more.

• Like 1