T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

When he says clusters, he means neighborhoods or areas. For example, you may see band 12 pop up West of the Franklin Mountains, followed by downtown/UTEP, then Fort Bliss/Airport, etc. Of course, this is just an example. Who knows where T-Mobile will start.

Nice! Will it be on most of the towers or will t mobile only add it where they need it?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

When he says clusters, he means neighborhoods or areas. For example, you may see band 12 pop up West of the Franklin Mountains, followed by downtown/UTEP, then Fort Bliss/Airport, etc. Of course, this is just an example. Who knows where T-Mobile will start.

Im guessing it would cause interference if they add it on every tower.

Im guessing it would cause interference if they add it on every tower.

Not nessessarly true. Sprint has 800 on most towers and they are fine. Tmobile has it on most towers that they can too. There are plenty of methods to deal with interference such as adjusting downtilt or power output.

Not nessessarly true. Sprint has 800 on most towers and they are fine. Tmobile has it on most towers that they can too. There are plenty of methods to deal with interference such as adjusting downtilt or power output.

Sprint has LTE800 on every because the network is spaced for PCS CDMA. They are roughly equivalent in range.

• Like 2

Do you know how long it takes for tower completition

They're in my area right now doing same-day launches. Nothing on the tower in the morning, and LTE online by the evening.

EDIT: I'm talking about new B4/B12 macro sites, not B12 overlay.

They're in my area right now doing same-day launches. Nothing on the tower in the morning, and LTE online by the evening.

Nice! Sounds promising.. i will take pictures of the tower site tonight.

Or same year launches, if you're lucky.

How long has your site sat there converted but offline?

Edited by reedacus25

Or same year launches, if you're lucky.

How long has your site sat there converted but offline?

You're talking about the one MetroPCS conversion that they never lit up? It's definitely been over a year. But I still think they're waiting to finish doing whatever they're doing to the sites around it, especially given the proximity of that recent one.

You're talking about the one MetroPCS conversion that they never lit up? It's definitely been over a year. But I still think they're waiting to finish doing whatever they're doing to the sites around it, especially given the proximity of that recent one.

band 12 in my area isn't on every tower

band 12 in my area isn't on every tower

It does not need to be. T-Mobile is using band 12 for coverage and not capacity. Sprint, up till now was using band 26 for capacity. As they continue densifying their network and releasing band 25 spectrum for second and third LTE carriers they will also start using it for coverage.

It does not need to be. T-Mobile is using band 12 for coverage and not capacity. Sprint, up till now was using band 26 for capacity. As they continue densifying their network and releasing band 25 spectrum for second and third LTE carriers they will also start using it for coverage.

what about the 600 Mhz auction....i hope they get nationwide spectrum

According to Reddit, it looks like some B2 is showing up in Southern Florida.  It's 5x5 LTE on B2, but better than nothing!  I personally haven't had any congestion issues from what I'm experiencing up here in Northern Florida on T-Mobile, but extra bandwidth wouldn't hurt. 

According to Reddit, it looks like some B2 is showing up in Southern Florida.  It's 5x5 LTE on B2, but better than nothing!  I personally haven't had any congestion issues from what I'm experiencing up here in Northern Florida on T-Mobile, but extra bandwidth wouldn't hurt. 

T-Mobile has a decent amount of B2 in Florida. In Miami they have 25x25 Mhz.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

T-Mobile has a decent amount of B2 in Florida. In Miami they have 25x25 Mhz.

Yet only 15x15 in Chicago. Great for Miami, but sad for here in Chicago.

How much other spectrum does T-Mobile have in Miami?

I'm seeing 20x20 of AWS-1 (D+E+F) to compliment the 25x25 of PCS (E+F+C) and the L700A block in both Broward and Miami-Dade Counties.

I only see 1735-1740, 2135-2140 and 1740-1745, 2140-2145 AWS-1. I'm going by what's on the FCC Dashboard. I don't see who owns 1745-1755, 2145-2145 block?

Edited by bigsnake49

Yet only 15x15 in Chicago. Great for Miami, but sad for here in Chicago.

How much other spectrum does T-Mobile have in Miami?

I'm suspecting Chicago has issues for everyone from what Gusherb has put up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It looks like in Jacksonville, FL that T-Mobile has 30Mhz of PCS.

1850 - 1865
1930 - 1945

and

1895 - 1910
1975 - 1990

But I know there is PCS spectrum swap in my area so I'd have to double check things once that's updated in the FCC dashboard.

30 MHz is just not enough. Even with decent tower density about the same as AT&T in the city. AT&T is running anywhere from 40-80 MHz on towers depending on where, closer to downtown I think most have 60-80 MHz. Big difference from T-Mobile. They would need to go way denser to survive on what they have deployed now.
  • Like 1

30 MHz is just not enough. Even with decent tower densify about the same as AT&T in the city. AT&T is running anywhere from 40-80 MHz on towers depending on where, closer to downtown I think most have 60-80 MHz. Big difference from T-Mobile. They would need to go way denser to survive on what they have deployed now.

gusherb is absolutely correct about this. Actually it is one of the issues I've talked about most with him, as we live in the same vicinity in most ways, with the slight exception of the Indiana/Illinois border issues. T-Mobile is absolutely dreadful around here regarding spectrum. AT&T and Sprint have so much more spectrum holdings. My believe is AT&T and Sprint have the minimum spectrum which all carriers should have, an issue I take against the FCC rather than the carriers, as I know the carriers want much more than what the FCC is giving.

However, T-Mobile is way under that minimum in spectrum here, which just looks so much worse when other markets they serve have much more spectrum than Chicago, these markets being quite smaller than Chicago even is. I still blame the FCC, but also cannot ignore the fact T-Mobile has been neglectful of this area. Then they add BingeOn to it, which while has been shown to slow down speeds in many markets, it is particularly hurtful here in Chicago. My mother and I never had dropped calls on T-Mobile for many years. Suddenly after BingeOn was introduced, loads of dropped calls occur regularly. Very bad service. Now I'm just waiting hoping for HTC to reveal its specifications for the Sprint model of the HTC 10, then I'm going to try getting back on Sprint with that.

30 MHz is just not enough. Even with decent tower density about the same as AT&T in the city. AT&T is running anywhere from 40-80 MHz on towers depending on where, closer to downtown I think most have 60-80 MHz. Big difference from T-Mobile. They would need to go way denser to survive on what they have deployed now.

Increasing site density is the only fix for limited spectrum, and limiting customer usage by things like Binge-On and throttling. No matter the carrier, an all-you-can-eat buffet won't be sustainable.