T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Obviously at Magentan land they are defending their carrier, and calling this study garbage. Yup these budget Hipsters calling a study from one of the great American Universities garbage seems to be very educated.

• Like 1

Finally! Study by Stanford law school proves the obvious. Hopefully the FCC will take appropriate actions.

BingON should have been DOA, but better late than never.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/net-neutrality-expert-fcc-t-mobiles-binge-likely-illegal/2016-01-29

Yes I read that earlier today. My first reaction

FINALLY!!

Now let's see if Tom wheeler aka FCC will enforce the net neutrality rule book or continue to allow legere and t-mobile to wipe their ass with it.

Finally! Study by Stanford law school proves the obvious. Hopefully the FCC will take appropriate actions.

BingON should have been DOA, but better late than never.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/net-neutrality-expert-fcc-t-mobiles-binge-likely-illegal/2016-01-29

Obviously at Magentan land they are defending their carrier, and calling this study garbage. Yup these budget Hipsters calling a study from one of the great American Universities garbage seems to be very educated.

In typical fashion, the article comments are a hot mess of T-Mobile apologetics.  The usual suspects, unsurprisingly, have adopted the Legere EFF defense:

Who the fuck are you, anyway, Stanford lady?  Why are you stirring up so much trouble, and who pays you?

AJ

• Like 4

In typical fashion, the article comments are a hot mess of T-Mobile apologetics.  The usual suspects, unsurprisingly, have adopted the Legere EFF defense:

Who the fuck are you, anyway, Stanford lady?  Why are you stirring up so much trouble, and who pays you?

AJ

Wheeler can't be talking from both sides of his mouth about enforcing Net 

That is what happens when you give a lot of free candies away, Now Mr. Periscope has them eating from his hands. He basically built a cult. The people do speed tests getting less than one megabits down, and the excuse is: tower congested, dont worry about it will be fixed.

In the other hands, they keep talking crap about the Sprint service when in reality they don't even use it. These people are ignorants, but they are terrifying because its basically a cult.

• Like 3

T-Mobile changes the "deprioritization" threshold from 23GB to 25GB for unlimited data customers.

http://prntscr.com/9vdfih

How generous. What have they said? Like having 2x or was it 10x as many cell towers and density as everyone else?

It must be celebration, because they now cover "

" Verizon does...

LOL!

Edited by cortney

How generous. What have they said? Like having 2x or was it 10x as many cell towers and density as everyone else?

It must be celebration, because they now cover "

" Verizon does...

LOL!

What a triumph of marketing. Verizon didn't add that much LTE because they already cover most people, lol. Slight detail there.
  • Like 3

T-Mobile offering unlimited 4 lines for $150/month and 10GB each/4 lines for $120/month.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/unlimited-lte-promotion.htm

wow that's a great deal for a family/business of 4 or larger, looks like the price of unlimited is coming back down in price. considering that one line is $95 for unlimited and 4 lines is now $37.50/line that is one heck of a discount of course this promotion does not include hot spot, but that can be added if you need it.

T-Mobile offering unlimited 4 lines for $150/month and 10GB each/4 lines for $120/month.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news/unlimited-lte-promotion.htm

Also T-Mobile is doing the one thing Sprint can't quite grasp. Make it available for existing  and new customers and not play favorites. 1up for that T-Mobile. I wonder how or if Sprint will respond?

• Like 4

Also T-Mobile is doing the one thing Sprint can't quite grasp. Make it available for existing  and new customers and not play favorites. 1up for that T-Mobile. I wonder how or if Sprint will respond?

I'm sorry, but has Sprint introduced new plans that existing customers aren't allowed to switch to?

I'm sorry, but has Sprint introduced new plans that existing customers aren't allowed to switch to?

All the time. At least and keep that price. Current customers usually have to complain to get it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The only reason T-Mobile makes it available for existing customers is that 99.9999% of their base is already on an installment billing plan, separate from their account plan, so it's easier to shift customers around on their plans. That also means that legacy codes would get erased when the plans get changed, thus removing the "grandfathered benefit" concept.

• Like 1

Recently the newer promo plans have been available to switch to, but no waved access charges.

Recently the newer promo plans have been available to switch to, but no waved access charges.

My access fees were waived when I switched from ED to the 40 GB family share.

Every now and then they offer it to existing customers.

I even added an extra line for free to get up to the 4 line limit.

My access fees were waived when I switched from ED to the 40 GB family share.

Every now and then they offer it to existing customers.

I even added an extra line for free to get up to the 4 line limit.

Yep, but it's never a blanket offering, which is what the previous poster was referring to.

I guess they are getting affected by the ATT unlimited DirecTV plan of 180 dollars.

It was announced by AT&T about two weeks after this promo started that 500k people had signed up under the plan.  Includes existing and new customers.  That is a lot of potential customers that TMo could have acquired or kept.  Im sure the $30 undercutting is there to offset any savings going under a single TV+Cellular provider umbrella.

t of course this promotion does not include hot spot, but that can be added if you need it.

What makes you say that this doesn't include hotspot service? T-Mobile added that to all of the active plans last year. Did something change and I missed it?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/confirmed-t-mobile-adds-2-gb-mobile-hotspot-data-customers-unlimited-smartp/2015-06-18

"Yes, we've enabled mobile hotspot benefits on all active data plans," a T-Mobile spokesman told FierceWireless. "

• Like 1

What makes you say that this doesn't include hotspot service? T-Mobile added that to all of the active plans last year. Did something change and I missed it?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/confirmed-t-mobile-adds-2-gb-mobile-hotspot-data-customers-unlimited-smartp/2015-06-18

"Yes, we've enabled mobile hotspot benefits on all active data plans," a T-Mobile spokesman told FierceWireless. "

I apologize, i stand corrected. "Unlimited 4G LTE plan includes 14 GB Smartphone Mobile HotSpot)" no reference is made about the hotspot other than the fine print for unlimited promotion plan.

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/family-plans-with-data-per-line.html?icid=WMM_TM_Q116UNLMTD_62XY1YSYVZN3986

I find it odd that they don't advertise that prominently as it is an added value.

good call