T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

What market are you in? Looks like second from bottom is sprint, also looks like there might be clearwire converted to sprint band 41 second from top. It's a guess on which ones are the other big 3 carrier's cause my market isn't setup like those. I can spot all 4 carrier's here in Colorado. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I'm in the central New Jersey Market.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I'm in the central New Jersey Market.

bottom rack Verizon, then at&t or t mo, then sprint, then clearwire now sprint band 41, but again they're allot of carrier's on this site.  I don't know what other major carrier'syou have over there.  

bottom rack Verizon, then at&t or t mo, then sprint, then clearwire now sprint band 41, but again they're allot of carrier's on this site.  I don't know what other major carrier'syou have over there.  
we have all four carriers T-Mobile Sprint AT&T and Verizon. I have all the for AT&T T-Mobile and Verizon have the better reception and service overall but Sprint really lacks over here with coverage.

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

we have all four carriers T-Mobile Sprint AT&T and Verizon. I have all the for AT&T T-Mobile and Verizon have the better reception and service overall but Sprint really lacks over here with coverage.

Well my best guess would be to use signal check pro so you can locate the sites you connect to. It will be a trial an error on finding which carrier is colocated with t mo. Most verizon sites here are very distinct compared to the other carriers. I know I've put pics up of all the carriers here in colorado. Here we are a samsung market for sprint. You will need to check out the equipment section so you can see what sprint equipment looks like and use process of elimination. Some at&t and T mo sites here can have different setups compared to others.    

Well my best guess would be to use signal check pro so you can locate the sites you connect to. It will be a trial an error on finding which carrier is colocated with t mo. Most verizon sites here are very distinct compared to the other carriers. I know I've put pics up of all the carriers here in colorado. Here we are a samsung market for sprint. You will need to check out the equipment section so you can see what sprint equipment looks like and use process of elimination. Some at&t and T mo sites here can have different setups compared to others.    
The site is on private property so there's not a whole lot I can do. I obviously can't trespass. Because there's a no trespassing sign near the site.

23 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

d26a94bd8ee1ea94387d0e81fea8efb1.jpg

35 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I know in my area TMobile is suing network-wide upgrades for a very strong possible 600 megahertz launch. I'm not able to tell who's who on that multi-carrier site. I appreciate if someone would help me determine who's TMobile...

The bottom rack in this photo is T-Mobile. 

1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

Those look like Nokia RAS active antennas. It’s a decaport antennas supporting 2x2 L700, 4x4 L1900 and 4x4 L2100. The AWS ports are passive, hence the RRU. 

^

Airscale B4/66 radios attached to Nokia RAS. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 7:05 PM, chris92 said:

Interesting I think I saw one of those in northern Iowa. Almost mistakened it for a Hexadecaport, but upon closer look I didnt see the right RRUs.

I would not be surprised if it was t-mobile B71 upgrades, i've found 2 towers with it live in central iowa in the past couple of weeks now.

I would not be surprised if it was t-mobile B71 upgrades, i've found 2 towers with it live in central iowa in the past couple of weeks now.
Seems like early next year TMobile will launch band 71 over here. But then again they have to swap out the gear here.

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/first-600mhz-5g-test

Bellevue, Washington — November 20, 2018 — T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) plans to bring 5G to everyone, everywhere, and together with Nokia, the Un-carrier just took a big step toward making that a reality. The companies just completed the world's first 5G data transmission on low-band spectrum (600 MHz) … and they did it on the Un-carrier’s live commercial network. Low band 600 MHz spectrum is key to building a nationwide 5G network, as it reaches much farther than other frequencies. 

That's certainly a big step forward....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm on my way to Denver and been switching on all bands even 12 too... So I guess they do have licenses there....

Does that spot New Mexico have no band 12 licenses?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...