T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Finally caught that one L600 Tower on the way to Fayetteville from Horry CO, SC. last week.
6knj.png
It is pretty nice to transition from band 5>71>12 these days; triband assets working in sub 1GHz along a 50 mile stretch. Wew.
TMobile is prepping to Launch L600 by early next year here in New Jersey.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 11:33 PM, bretton88 said:

How's the transition been for you from I-wireless to T?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

no issues here! the network in central iowa was already broadcasting as T-Mobile while iWireless was in control. So there weren't any transition issues or anything for me.

Saw a crew working on a site today changing out the antennas.  This site is fairly new.  Anyone know what's going on? 
If it's sight modernization my best guess is it's the deployment of the 600 megahertz Hardware. And other network upgrades.

1 minute ago, danlodish345 said:

If it's sight modernization my best guess is it's the deployment of the 600 megahertz Hardware. And other network upgrades.

Oh ok.  The current antennas are the all in one's. It looked like I saw then hoisting up another antenna.  I will look later in the day.  Wow should I switch to t mo now i wonder? 

Oh ok.  The current antennas are the all in one's. It looked like I saw then hoisting up another antenna.  I will look later in the day.  Wow should I switch to t mo now i wonder? 
My suggestion if you can get somebody that has a T-Mobile phone then ask him if he could borrow it for a day and see how the coverage is. If not then get a prepaid T-Mobile SIM card and get a cheap plan. Cheap prepaid plan I mean and see how the coverage is an overall performance. Before you switch don't switch impulsively make sure TMobile can meet your needs wherever you live and work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

My suggestion if you can get somebody that has a T-Mobile phone then ask him if he could borrow it for a day and see how the coverage is. If not then get a prepaid T-Mobile SIM card and get a cheap plan. Cheap prepaid plan I mean and see how the coverage is an overall performance. Before you switch don't switch impulsively make sure TMobile can meet your needs wherever you live and work.

My girlfriend does and I feel my coverage here in colorado is better than her t mo. I won't jump.  I am looking forward to your merger. Do you know what phones work on 600 megahertz? 

My girlfriend does and I feel my coverage here in colorado is better than her t mo. I won't jump.  I am looking forward to your merger. Do you know what phones work on 600 megahertz? 
The note 9 the Galaxy j7 Star the new iPhones which are the XR X's and xmax and many more. http://www.spectrumgateway.com/600-mhz-spectrum
Source is Spectrumgateway.com

This should help you out quite a bit my friend.

Those antennas are super WIDE. They have been upgrading my area (Western South Dakota) over the past couple months and should be fully complete by end of December. Of course I also monitor NE Wyoming which has been LIVE since the beginning of this year. The 600mhz does make a difference for sure. Also mutiple new sites going up so it's a very exciting time for T-Mo in this area. First stores opened a year ago in August.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

The note 9 the Galaxy j7 Star the new iPhones which are the XR X's and xmax and many more. http://www.spectrumgateway.com/600-mhz-spectrum
Source is Spectrumgateway.com

This should help you out quite a bit my friend.

Thank you very much

Oh that's very good then. Over here in New Jersey where I live it seems like in the next several months TMobile will launch the 600 megahertz band here. I have the Galaxy Note 9 which by far and my opinion has the fastest speeds available and the better Network Hardware.

Those antennas are super WIDE. They have been upgrading my area (Western South Dakota) over the past couple months and should be fully complete by end of December. Of course I also monitor NE Wyoming which has been LIVE since the beginning of this year. The 600mhz does make a difference for sure. Also mutiple new sites going up so it's a very exciting time for T-Mo in this area. First stores opened a year ago in August.

• Like 1

You're welcome my friend. Just please make an informed decision before doing anything. I wish you the best and I do hope everything works out for you.

Thank you very much

2 minutes ago, brockeb1 said:

Good to know.  Super curious on how 600 will be.  

Good to know.  Super curious on how 600 will be.  
And band 12 over here doesn't cut it for capacity is just good enough for phone calls. But the extra 10 megahertz here will definitely give TMobile a bit of an edge.

3 minutes ago, brockeb1 said:

So those super wide antennas being swapped out? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

You're welcome my friend. Just please make an informed decision before doing anything. I wish you the best and I do hope everything works out for you.

I'm thinking I'll stay on sprint until the merger.  No rush to switch.  I just wish sprint doing more.  

I'm thinking I'll stay on sprint until the merger.  No rush to switch.  I just wish sprint doing more.  
Oh I don't disagree with you. I wish Sprint would actually fix the roaming hole near my parents place. And actually put up a cell site. Obviously it's more complicated than that so. That is why I stick with T-Mobile there 4 by 4 Mimo and 256-qam even at the edge of the cell site really kick some serious tail.

So those super wide antennas being swapped out? 
That seems to be the case. When you see those super wide antennas, they are adding Band 71. At least that is how it has worked around here. I think you said you are in Colorado? I know they are doing work down there currently.

Would one of you mind adding a picture of the super wide antennas so I know what to look for?

That seems to be the case. When you see those super wide antennas, they are adding Band 71. At least that is how it has worked around here. I think you said you are in Colorado? I know they are doing work down there currently.

• Like 1

Would one of you mind adding a picture of the super wide antennas so I know what to look for?

I will get one for you tomorrow.

• Like 1

I will get one for you tomorrow.

I would appreciate it if you can [emoji3] because in my area it looks like it may be activated to..where in North Jersey and South Jersey it looks like they're getting ready to roll it out. It's currently being activated about an hour away from me. So it looks like it may be online here before the end of the year.

12 hours ago, brockeb1 said:

Yes I am in colorado.  I'll look at the site this afternoon and get pics.

Yes I am in colorado.  I'll look at the site this afternoon and get pics.
I would like to see us look at the panels. Cuz there's a site very close to me that I can walk to and take a look myself. But I don't know what the panels look like.

• Like 1