T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Works fine for me..
I guess it just varies. But I had the T-Mobile version of RCs. And my buddy who has T-Mobile says that the RCs is unreliable. I can confirm that cuz half the time I did not get notifications saying it was even delivered.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I guess it just varies. But I had the T-Mobile version of RCs. And my buddy who has T-Mobile says that the RCs is unreliable. I can confirm that cuz half the time I did not get notifications saying it was even delivered.

That's what I mentioned in my original post, T Mobile's implementation is all screwed up, and only works on galaxy devices.

That's what I mentioned in my original post, T Mobile's implementation is all screwed up, and only works on galaxy devices.
Exactly so that's why I don't use Galaxy phones anymore because RCS doesn't work right. TMobile needs to fix all of this.

1 hour ago, danlodish345 said:

The RCs doesn't work right at all. SMS actually works a lot better. Half the time I didn't even get notifications saying it was delivered.

RCS works great among my family and the people I know on Sprint. I convinced them to use Android Messages so that RCS would work between all of us.

RCS works great among my family and the people I know on Sprint. I convinced them to use Android Messages so that RCS would work between all of us.
I guess I'll try Android messages then. I'll take your word for it.

Greetings everyone. Finally reporting from the Black Hills of South Dakota and Northern Wyoming. T-Mobile has done a rock solid job in Wyoming. All mapped on Cellmapper. Only hole is at Sundance, however, a site looks like it's coming there. This gives solid T-Mobile coverage on I-90 from the South Dakota/Wyoming border through Gillette and beyond. Will map sites beyond and across to Sheridan WY after the Sturgis motorcycle rally. In South Dakota, 600mhz is here. Black Hawk SD site was upgraded yesterday. Catron Blvd site is scheduled next-LIVE date is showing 22AUG18. Keystone and Wall are also scheduled for August. Expect many more to come.  The Golden West tower in Sturgis that T-Mobile was using as a temp tower during the rally is being upgraded to a full suite permanent site. Band 2/4/12 like the other tower in Sturgis. Rapid City has been promised 4 new sites by EOY. I expect them sooner. Will advise when I know more. Things are hopping and Sprint is now in the mix as well. It's a great time for this area. 
UPDATE-Catron Blvd and Keystone sites completed. Not yet broadcasting Band 71. Assume Wall has been competed as well. Will check later this week.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Funny that when he's mentioning if you're on "X carrier you're doing it wrong" he doesn't mention Sprint. I love it!

What I don't love is I'm beginning to like John. What is happening to me??

-Anthony
You're falling under John spell.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, anthony.spina97 said:

Funny that when he's mentioning if you're on "X carrier you're doing it wrong" he doesn't mention Sprint. I love it!

What I don't love is I'm beginning to like John. What is happening to me??

-Anthony

In the video, he mentioned Boost Mobile last as if he was hesitant to mention them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carrilloevo said:

Nice to see band 71 in New Mexico, use to not have good signal on this area and now it's been sticking to it!!!! 22fe6426c538510617675f9481ed7f87.jpg22ea47e3b971b2fd19f070f8a08efdbf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice to see there is proper backhaul and not satellite backhaul like in some Wyoming sites. Unfortunately, -118 is pushing the limits of LTE. What area of New Mexico is this?

2 hours ago, greenbastard said:

Nice to see there is proper backhaul and not satellite backhaul like in some Wyoming sites. Unfortunately, -118 is pushing the limits of LTE. What area of New Mexico is this?

If he's getting 22.75Mbps with his signal at -118 he's doing great!

3 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Does a lower RSP mean as a better signal or worse

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Does a lower RSP mean as a better signal or worse

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

The lesser the magnitude the better (closer to zero). So -107dbm is generally better signal than -118dbm. But if I'm not mistaken RSRQ and SNR are the statistics to watch because they measure the quality of the signal not just how strong it is. RSSP includes noise from co and adjacent channel interference, thermal noise, etc.

The lesser the magnitude the better (closer to zero). So -107dbm is generally better signal than -118dbm. But if I'm not mistaken RSRQ and SNR are the statistics to watch because they measure the quality of the signal not just how strong it is. RSSP includes noise from co and adjacent channel interference, thermal noise, etc.
At about -118 was getting from 5 to 9 mbps. But I keep staying connected all the way to - 125... And the attachment was the area I was getting band 71 on a Note92513d254ce5991d700c32f4c198180e8.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Driving yesterday and I noticed a tower with sprint and Tmo was being upgraded. Stopped and asked.  Crew was one of several crews installing Band 71. It was pretty neat. The equipment is dual 12/17 and 71. Longer than me. Huge. Well they said all of Albuquerque will be completed by Jan 1 when clear date for stations for band 71. 

• Like 3

Driving yesterday and I noticed a tower with sprint and Tmo was being upgraded. Stopped and asked.  Crew was one of several crews installing Band 71. It was pretty neat. The equipment is dual 12/17 and 71. Longer than me. Huge. Well they said all of Albuquerque will be completed by Jan 1 when clear date for stations for band 71. 
Sometime early next year TMobile should be about ready to switch on band 71 over here.