T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

It's leased to AT&T.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

No, T-Mobile has B5 deployed in Myrtle Beach. It is their only B5 market but since most T-Mobile devices support B5 for AT&T roaming, :shrug:.

No, T-Mobile has B5 deployed in Myrtle Beach. It is their only B5 market but since most T-Mobile devices support B5 for AT&T roaming, :shrug:.

Okay I'm mistaken then but that's interesting will be heading there soon

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

FYI,

My mother called T-Mobile Executive Response to inquire about the new Unlimited 55+ plan, and was told that the T-Mobile Hookup discount cannot be applied to the plan. Otherwise it would have been an excellent deal with the two line 2x $10 monthly Plus add-on taking the rate from $60 monthly to $80 monthly, minus 20% down to $64 monthly. However again, the 20% Hookup discount isn't eligible for the plan, unfortunately.

We already knew large chunks would be deployed now but those large chunks are in mostly rural areas. Over half of those 1 Million square miles is in Alaska alone. Then you have northern Maine and large (mostly uninhabited) parts of Texas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. The amount of people that will benefit from this is very low.

Most of the people who want to experience 600MHz won't be able to do so for another 2 to 3 years.

• Like 1

B5? Where are you located?

TMobile owns very little B5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Mobile only owns B5 in Myrtle Beach. The poster must be there.

Yes, that is where he is located.

-Anthony

Tmus Band 5 license stretches S from Georgetown Co, N through Horry Co to the NC State line and W through Marion Co. It is a decent size market encompassing a tourist area that swells to 300k tourists by the week along the ocean(equal to Horry Co pop) through a vast rural swath that is difficult to cover, then mostly highway, veggie stands, Cletii, and new development.

Good for capacity at 10MHz and great for coverage. Having fixed wireless internet service in a rural area, this sure makes a difference.

T-Mobile has been super serious about deploying B12 in the Chicago area, especially where I live lately. Unlike people's complaints from earlier deployments; 1. They appear to be going for having it on every site. And 2. They aren't being ultra conservative with the downtilt/power levels. For example they added it to my home site sometime in the last week or so and have it live already, and I'm seeing signal strength equal to what Verizon is pushing out from its tower on B13 in the same location - about -82 to -90 dbm.

Driving up to Michigan today I was able to test signal and found them actually blasting B12 into Michigan where USCC squats on the 700A license. I connected as far as 15 miles from the stateline. On the way back I drove down a specific stretch of Dunes Highway along the lakeshore that was a complete dead zone for T-Mobile and now has fringe B12 coverage. Back toward my house there is a county park that T-Mobile used to drop to unusable UMTS and is now -109 dbm B12.

The way B12 is fixing holes like this is what I expected Sprints B26 to do when that was first rolled out. I'm so far very impressed with T-Mobile's B12 rollout!

• Like 3

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2017/08/16/t-mobile-600mhz-lte-live/

Tmo has a 600 tower live apparently but no phones yet.

B71 still has to be officially approved by the 3GPP next month so that it can be added to smartphones.

Its a good start i guess but the 600 MHz LTE deployment available now is nothing to really rave about. The major metros wont be seeing 600 MHz LTE until 2019.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

B71 still has to be officially approved by the 3GPP next month so that it can be added to smartphones.

Its a good start i guess but the 600 MHz LTE deployment available now is nothing to really rave about. The major metros wont be seeing 600 MHz LTE until 2019.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My area isn't slated to get it for another three-years

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Greetings from Rapid City SD. Just wanted to chime in here to let you know what is happening around here with T-Mobile. T-Mobile has been lit up here since about September of 2015 and has been continuing to add coverage. They are currently in the process of opening 3 stores in Rapid City, the first of which will open this Friday, August 25th, and are working on a possible 4th location as well. They actually brought the T-Mobile Mobile Magenta truck up here from Denver, for the past 5 days, and set a record for the number of sign-ups on any truck they have operating. This is actually fairly amazing as they have trucks in LA, New York, Orlando, Dallas....you get the picture. It really is the fact that people around here are hungry for something new and more reasonable than VZW and ATT.  I have met the person that is here to set up the stores and have had several conversations with him. He told me he was having a meeting with the engineering team today and I advised him to remember 3 words....Lead, Deadwood, Spearfish. He obviously took me seriously as he sent me a text today asking me "what's those cities again", just to confirm. That is great news as we may actually get that hole filled as that leaves out about 15-20k people in this area. Also, they told me that T-Mobile currently is permitting 365 sites in Minnesota, North/South Dakota and Wyoming over the next 6-10 months. The process has already begun, they stated. If anyone knows any additional information about this or can confirm, that would be great. I will keep you posted when and if I find out additional information for the area. 

PS-they also advised that Sioux Falls, SD is slated for stores in October/November timeframe and that they are getting ready for Omaha, NE. If anyone is curious about another city in this area, please let me know and I will be happy to ask. Great to have a contact on the inside, so to speak.  

Edited by brockeb1
  • Like 5

So all that toting about 600 megahertz how great the Network's improving means absolutely nothing if T-Mobile and yes it's T-Mobile not allowing handset Developers to add capable devices to the current Network specifications. In other words T-Mobile A Carrier at Heart is micromanaging the handset makers.

Be it known this is not the first time they've done that if you would recall Motorola fiasco plus others so they have a history of this.

Well at least Sprint does have several devices capable on its network of HPUE to support its current Network.

Wait, why would you blame T-Mobile and not Samsung?

And if you're talking about the same Motorola fiasco I'm thinking of, the issue with 700MHz there was that 700MHz VoLTE hadn't been tested and certified for E911 on that handset.

• Like 3

Hey guys, I think that this answers our question about the phone that will have band 71 active. This looks an awful lot like an LG to me. This is the phone that they used to make the call and test the speed. 

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/video_display.cfm?video_id=15892

• Like 1

Okay, have to brag a bit. Here is me cutting the ribbon on the first T-Mobile store in South Dakota at the Rushmore Mall in Rapid City. 2nd pic is me with the corporate T-Mobile group that flew in for the event. Now, we are working on getting Jon Freier and John Legere here for a marketing event. Stay tuned..........9b813a9d2f479a7013645cfbb021e158.jpg1d5c9890e3f9082eb6a33c084a454d6d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Okay, have to brag a bit. Here is me cutting the ribbon on the first T-Mobile store in South Dakota at the Rushmore Mall in Rapid City. 2nd pic is me with the corporate T-Mobile group that flew in for the event. Now, we are working on getting Jon Freier and John Legere here for a marketing event. Stay tuned..........9b813a9d2f479a7013645cfbb021e158.jpg1d5c9890e3f9082eb6a33c084a454d6d.jpg

Interesting Legere shirt.

• Like 1

Interesting Legere shirt.

Thanks. I won it on Twitter. It is his 4 million followers shirt that he had made when he passed 4 million followers on Facebook. He said only 100 were made and he used them for giveaways. I won for sending in a picture of my #magentaswag.

• Like 1

LG V30 will have Band 71.

Great news!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hmm thats good and thats samsungs loss with not having band 71....they are lame....good....for lg.......lets hope tmobile leads the way with 600 mhz hardware development.

The wireless carrier already made a statement that no device will come out with band 71 600 megahertz until the fourth quarter of this year. No surprise here that falls in line with this. t-mobile dictated this.

• Like 1