T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

That's true...but at the same time they raised their prices...their network is no where near ATT or Verizon's network...they have a long way to go..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I agree on that right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree on that right there.

If their network was on par with at least AT&T I can see them needing to raise the price like that yes they still have to build out their Network more. And I understand that takes money. But I can definitely see them starting to lose customers besides they poached so many customers from the other three carriers that their supply of customers may slow down in terms of acquiring new customers. I got rid of T-Mobile though and I now have Verizon which I have no problems with when I leave the state I live in T-Mobile is very spotty once I leave the Maryland Delaware border. Even on the beaches in Delaware T-Mobile didn't work right. Sprint on the other hand has solid 3-g Network which worked very well when they had no LTE. So in my opinion Sprint's gotten better but T-Mobile has a very long way to go.

If their network was on par with at least AT&T I can see them needing to raise the price like that yes they still have to build out their Network more. And I understand that takes money. But I can definitely see them starting to lose customers besides they poached so many customers from the other three carriers that their supply of customers may slow down in terms of acquiring new customers. I got rid of T-Mobile though and I now have Verizon which I have no problems with when I leave the state I live in T-Mobile is very spotty once I leave the Maryland Delaware border. Even on the beaches in Delaware T-Mobile didn't work right. Sprint on the other hand has solid 3-g Network which worked very well when they had no LTE. So in my opinion Sprint's gotten better but T-Mobile has a very long way to go.

They'll be a lot of new changes being ushered in as they deploy this 600 MHz. Since iPhone season is approaching, it's going to an all out brawl with the carriers and trying to steal from each other.

I'll say this. The first carrier to cave and offer employee discounts will be the winner. I do feel it's coming back.

• Like 1

I've never had issues with band 12 on T-Mobile with the pixel XL.

T-Mobile does not support it -- the documentation is clear.  If you camped on band 12 with a Pixel XL, then that is not band 12 only coverage.  You probably do not have any band 12 only sites in New Jersey.

AJ

T-Mobile does not support it -- the documentation is clear. If you camped on band 12 with a Pixel XL, then that is not band 12 only coverage. You probably do not have any band 12 only sites in New Jersey.

AJ

You're right I have Multi Band LTE sites in New Jersey. So then this issue is unrelated to me.

I'll say this. The first carrier to cave and offer employee discounts will be the winner. I do feel it's coming back.

Hopefully you are right about this and it happens soon. It isn't fair of carriers to eliminate corporate and membership discounts just because these carriers have switched to offering Unlimited Data plans. Having unlimited data really doesn't change anything to the core service in its usability that would justify removing these discounts. Yet, its disappointing these carriers seem to think it does.

I've got to say that between more gbps fiber services rolling out and cable DOCSIS 3.1 offering gbps over cable, none of the wireless carrier average/top speeds seem all that impressive anymore.

This is partly why I agree with many here on S4GRU who rightfully put aside the importance of average/top speeds, while focusing rather on overall usability and consistent speed as more important factors in wireless. Again, I agree with this, and wireless carriers really would be better off focusing on these other aspects too, rather than fastest average/top speeds.

Hopefully you are right about this and it happens soon. It isn't fair of carriers to eliminate corporate and membership discounts just because these carriers have switched to offering Unlimited Data plans. Having unlimited data really doesn't change anything to the core service in its usability that would justify removing these discounts. Yet, its disappointing these carriers seem to think it does.

How are debt laden companies going to cut her reduce their revenue streams and manage to stay in business? More specifically how is sprint, a company that hasnt posted a profit in over 10 years?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

How are debt laden companies going to cut her reduce their revenue streams and manage to stay in business? More specifically how is sprint, a company that hasnt posted a profit in over 10 years?

Those are my sentiments exactly. I've seen Financial reports from Sprint yes they are getting better but they've got a long way to go to get rid of their debt. And as I see it their debt does not give them much of a negotiation position. But my thinking maybe completely wrong if somebody else wants to chime in to correct me if I'm mistaken please do so.

There needs to be better pricing plans, in general. At the moment, none of the carriers have very good plans and pricing on them, especially considering the focus on large families with multiple lines. It really doesn't help for the individual who is paying more in a way to subsidize these cheaper additional lines given to big multi-line accounts.

This particularly doesn't necessarily affect large corporate accounts, but rather small business with individual lines to employees where their business isn't large enough to qualify for large corporate multi-line deals. That is what makes having business and membership affiliated discounts s important to the account holder in these situations and why bringing back these discounts would be helpful to them.

As I've recently written here on S4GRU, I'd really like to see an Unlimited/Per GB Data hybrid plan with 30gb full-speed (non-expiry carryover) inclusive per line, where there is a flat fee per line of $60 monthly without autopay/$55 monthly with autopay. Perhaps the business and membership discount rate could be a $10 monthly deduction per line. I like the hybrid option better than deprioritization, where customers could add carryover data for $1 per gb of full-speed data, or choose to have their overage data use speed capped at 3mbps, which still is more usable than deprioritized speeds I've heard reported on.

They'll be a lot of new changes being ushered in as they deploy this 600 MHz. Since iPhone season is approaching, it's going to an all out brawl with the carriers and trying to steal from each other.

T-Mobile picked up a 5mhz sliver of 600mhz, right? And not truly nationwide?

Thanks.

They only have 5x5 band 12 not totally nationwide. T-Mobile will be a formidable competitor to the Big 2 once the 600MHz spectrum is clear. It is already clear in rural areas.

They only have 5x5 band 12 not totally nationwide. T-Mobile will be a formidable competitor to the Big 2 once the 600MHz spectrum is clear. It is already clear in rural areas.

The only way they will be formidable is if they put 600mhz on every tower, and have enough site density to cover the folks that the big 2 do.

The only way they will be formidable is if they put 600mhz on every tower, and have enough site density to cover the folks that the big 2 do.

They already have excellent site density in urban/suburban settings. It's the exurban/rural settings where the big 2 excel. That's where the 20x20 Mhz low band comes in handy. I mean yeah it helps in urban and suburban settings for overflow, indoor coverage but it really shines in less crowded settings.

• Like 2

I wonder how T-Mobile is doing with clearing the 600 MHz block around St. Louis. It has to be a priority considering that this is the only major market left for them without 700 MHz. Right?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I wonder how T-Mobile is doing with clearing the 600 MHz block around St. Louis. It has to be a priority considering that this is the only major market left for them without 700 MHz. Right?

i would like to see tmobile clear it out quicker then it is now......and also my market is last.....round 3 or 4 market for the 600 mhz deployment....

I'll put it like this.  KEFN-CD, currently on channel 49, improperly filed a request to change channel way too early in the process.  It was "pursuant to an agreement with a wireless carrier to transition early".

Here is the filing before they corrected it to the assigned channel:  https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/public/tv/draftCopy.html?displayType=html&appKey=25076f915cef73c3015d1d9ce2c932ff&id=25076f915cef73c3015d1d9ce2c932ff&goBack=N  The PDF attachments at the bottom tell the tale; the FCC's filing system didn't let them specify an alternate channel in the form itself.

- Trip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll put it like this. KEFN-CD, currently on channel 49, improperly filed a request to change channel way too early in the process. It was "pursuant to an agreement with a wireless carrier to transition early".

Here is the filing before they corrected it to the assigned channel: https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/public/tv/draftCopy.html?displayType=html&appKey=25076f915cef73c3015d1d9ce2c932ff&id=25076f915cef73c3015d1d9ce2c932ff&goBack=N The PDF attachments at the bottom tell the tale; the FCC's filing system didn't let them specify an alternate channel in the form itself.

- Trip

so I take it that T-Mobile is already trying to clear some of the frequencies they acquired. It's going to take them a long time. I actually jumped back to Sprint from T-Mobile.
  • Like 2