T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

I really wonder how T-mobile has band 4 @ 20 mhz across el paso and still it has congested in most areas. Is the network not dense enough maybe?? Or is T-mobile growth in this market really just that much

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Here in Chicago. T-Mobile is quite congested, despite supposedly having plenty of towers. However, the T-Mobile has such very limited amount of spectrum around. A carrier really needs both. Sprint is the opposite with plenty of spectrum, but not enough towers. Verizon is having both issues and needs to correct this before they begin losing business their highly rated network status for this area.

Meanwhile, even though I'm unaware of how many towers AT&T has around here, the network quality is excellent. One thing is for certain, is that AT&T has plenty of spectrum here. 10x10 lowband spectrum, 10x10 AWS-1 spectrum, 10x10 AWS-3 spectrum, 10x10 PCS spectrum, and 10x10 WCS spectrum.

In pop's yes

In square miles no

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Unless there are huge areas where T-Mobile has service and Verizon does not that I'm not aware of, I don't buy it.  Most of the state of West Virginia (outside of the panhandle) has zero T-Mobile service, for example.  Where is the area of T-Mobile service without Verizon service that counter-balances that?  That's about a million by itself and doesn't include the other rural areas where Verizon has service and T-Mobile does not.

- Trip

Unless there are huge areas where T-Mobile has service and Verizon does not that I'm not aware of, I don't buy it.  Most of the state of West Virginia (outside of the panhandle) has zero T-Mobile service, for example.  Where is the area of T-Mobile service without Verizon service that counter-balances that?  That's about a million by itself and doesn't include the other rural areas where Verizon has service and T-Mobile does not.

- Trip

I think that's the .3% that no one fact-checks.

Yea thats hard to believe, central wi isnt covered at all by tmobile but blanketed by verizon.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you all are prepared for more congestion! As we all know, the holiday season is coming and it looks like in Q4 tmobile might report it's biggest growth in company history. I see a few markets already tapping out on spectrum and more markets are opening more bandwith to make up for congestion, but customer growth at this rate will be hard for tmobile to keep up with. If you guys know about anymore movement that T-Mobile is currently making in your market perhaps to lift congestion.. let us know !

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I hope you all are prepared for more congestion! As we all know, the holiday season is coming and it looks like in Q4 tmobile might report it's biggest growth in company history. I see a few markets already tapping out on spectrum and more markets are opening more bandwith to make up for congestion, but customer growth at this rate will be hard for tmobile to keep up with. If you guys know about anymore movement that T-Mobile is currently making in your market perhaps to lift congestion.. let us know !

Wide spread doom and gloom is a bit misguided. There's congestion anywhere there is a large mass of people.

In my market, they are in the throws of adding L1900 and L700 layers, and there are at least 3 new colocations in the metro in the works currently. Not to mention the current modernization is bringing AWS-3 capabilities with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wide spread doom and gloom is a bit misguided. There's congestion anywhere there is a large mass of people.

In my market, they are in the throws of adding L1900 and L700 layers, and there are at least 3 new colocations in the metro in the works currently. Not to mention the current modernization is bringing AWS-3 capabilities with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are your speeds improving? Ya, but that its usually the end result when a lot of subscriber switch in markets

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see that t-mobile deal?  two free lines for current and new customers... I know someone that was an existing t-mobile subscriber, went to the T-Mobile store and got an 18gb tablet plan and an unlimited phone plan for zero dollars.

Pretty crazy.  T-Mobile is being very aggressive with promotions.  Going to be a good Q4 for them.

Anyone see that t-mobile deal? two free lines for current and new customers... I know someone that was an existing t-mobile subscriber, went to the T-Mobile store and got an 18gb tablet plan and an unlimited phone plan for zero dollars.

Pretty crazy. T-Mobile is being very aggressive with promotions. Going to be a good Q4 for them.

How long does the promo last once you sign up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forever. Deal ends today, from what I heard the T-Mobile stores were PACKED.

That's an insane deal. Good thing there is no T-Mobile store in Pahrump, I might have been tempted to look into it. Does one of the lines have to be a phone line, or can both be tablets?

That's an insane deal. Good thing there is no T-Mobile store in Pahrump, I might have been tempted to look into it. Does one of the lines have to be a phone line, or can both be tablets?

Both lines can be tablets. It seems the max amount of data they can get on a tablet is 18gb though, not unlimited like the phone lines.  I think binge on applies to tablets as well, so tough to say how you would go over 18gb.

It really is an insane deal.  Props to t-mobile for being very aggressive with pricing this holiday season.

• Like 1

It really is an insane deal.  Props to t-mobile for being very aggressive with pricing this holiday season.

Some might call that predatory pricing.

AJ

Forever.  Deal ends today, from what I heard the T-Mobile stores were PACKED.

How is a no contract offer "forever"?  Neither side has any contractual obligations to fulfill.  The offer could be rescinded without penalty at any time.

AJ

How is a no contract offer "forever"?  Neither side has any contractual obligations to fulfill.  The offer could be rescinded without penalty at any time.

AJ

How long will promotional pricing last?

You can keep the promotional pricing as long as you maintain qualifying service and stay on your current plan. If you cancel service on any of your lines or change plans, you will lose the monthly bill credits. 

Or until T-Mobile changes its mind, goes out of business, merges with Sprint, takes over the world, etc.

• Like 1