T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

Yes, they will.

mormon_missionaries_door.jpg

AJ

Lol haha is that a meme

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Will they really visit your house ?

They have done it once. This will be there second time.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

A Sprint engineer visited my house when I was having coverage issues a couple months ago. Determined that an RRU was faulty and was giving me bad 800 LTE coverage. Got fixed in 3 days.

• Like 1

A Sprint engineer visited my house when I was having coverage issues a couple months ago. Determined that an RRU was faulty and was giving me bad 800 LTE coverage. Got fixed in 3 days.

Not bad at all...that's fast

How'd you get that to happen?

How'd you get that to happen?

Escalated the issue to the right people. The regional presidents and staff are making a difference.

• Like 1

Not bad at all...that's fast

That was super fast because we had to wait 45 days to get a tower fixed in Hayward, CA. Okay Sprint gave service credits but still, 45 days is really bad.

• Like 1

What happens is that 90% of the customers just accept it and keep on moving, and the 10% port out.

Risk vs Reward, and it won't stop their subscriber gains.

• Like 1

What happens is that 90% of the customers just accept it and keep on moving, and the 10% port out.

Risk vs Reward, and it won't stop their subscriber gains.

As someone affected, I don't welcome it with arms wide open, however, I'm not porting out.

Of about 29 months on my rate plan that includes 5GB of tethering, I've used 9.2 GB of that over that lifetime, 1.5GB of which was last month.

So I average ~250-300MB of tethering monthly, mostly SSH and email traffic when I'm away from my desk. For me, deprioritization should not affect my shell sessions, and if it does, then that becomes an issue, but in my use case, its a non-issue to me personally.

And if it does become an issue, I have a company issued Verizon hotspot to take my business to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got this text message from T-Mobile telling me that OnDevice is actually an improvement and that Hotspot service uses too much network resources. Just curious, I entered into an agreement with T-Mobile, okay month to month, but I an not able to alter the terms, why should T-Mobile be able to make them? I can't say: Hey I am going to optimize your bill by paying 10% less next month...

Just curious, I entered into an agreement with T-Mobile, okay month to month, but I an not able to alter the terms, why should T-Mobile be able to make them? I can't say: Hey I am going to optimize your bill by paying 10% less next month...

Yes, you can.  Contact T-Mobile, and state your terms.  T-Mobile will accept your amended terms, negotiate other terms, or decline your amended terms, potentially leading to a termination of your agreement without penalty.

AJ

• Like 2

So I average ~250-300MB of tethering monthly, mostly SSH and email traffic when I'm away from my desk. For me, deprioritization should not affect my shell sessions, and if it does, then that becomes an issue, but in my use case, its a non-issue to me personally.

Depends on how they implement deprioritization. I heard the way Sprint does it when you surpass 23GB is that they basically add latency to every packet on congested sites (ie make you wait because you're lower priority). In other words, increased ping times which would be awful for SSH.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

They have done it once. This will be there second time.

Damn.. I just want a email or twitter handle to tell my issues... 

someone better then crappy tier one canned responses

Today I have been connected to Band 2 HSPA in Jacksonville, FL. I've always connected to Band 4 HSPA+. I wonder if they're regarding for an additional B4 5mhz carrier? They already have 20x20mhz here on B4 and 10x10 on B2.

884667404a83d75930fa7be5a61257cc.jpg

• Like 2

T-Mobile announced that they have B66 on air. The question is where? Extremely vague press release.

I know of at least 1 engineering market gearing up for immediate AWS-3 rollout.

It's an antenna swap, along with a radio swap.

The nice part is that this antenna and radio swap is pretty much happening at the same time, thanks to L700 rollout.

Soon...

• Like 2

The nice part is that this antenna and radio swap is pretty much happening at the same time, thanks to L700 rollout.

Soon...

I heard antennas are up, but nothing is live yet

Soon...

Also, in markets like LA (Ericsson) has a set ul with band 66 antennas, but LA doesnt have the band 66 spectrum

Soon...

I know markets are getting new equipment for B66, namely new Ericsson AIR units. I think marketing may be jumping the gun with saying the spectrum is "on air" which is why it's intentionally vague. There's no way to fact check them because there are no handsets out in the wild that support B66.

I know markets are getting new equipment for B66, namely new Ericsson AIR units. I think marketing may be jumping the gun with saying the spectrum is "on air" which is why it's intentionally vague. There's no way to fact check them because there are no handsets out in the wild that support B66.

Correct,

Ericsson is currently seeding B66 AIR units into the wild, likely as a replacement to B4 AIR units, which is why we are likely seeing these in non-AWS-3 holding markets such as LA.

Nokia is also seeding their B66 capable RAS units (FASB) in many markets across the country, mostly those that were late L700 bloomers.

Beyond the RAS addition, the existing FRIG radio just needs to be swapped for a FRIJ that is capable of AWS-3.

I've been seeing Ericsson AIR panels being installed here in Jacksonville FL. I. Automatically assumed it was for the recently acquired Band 12 spectrum. I guess it could be for Band 12, Band 66, or Both.

I've been seeing Ericsson AIR panels being installed here in Jacksonville FL. I. Automatically assumed it was for the recently acquired Band 12 spectrum. I guess it could be for Band 12, Band 66, or Both.

I could be wrong, but I feel very confident in saying that any AIR antennas would be those of either ATT or VZW, as Jacksonville is a Nokia infrastructure market.

I would imagine since Jacksonville is a late L700 market that T-Mobile may be going straight to NSN RAS, which affords 4T4R on L2100 and L1900, and 2T2R on L700.