T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Anyone know where to find the port ratios for T-Mobile?  Legere said Sprint's went down to 2.07, which is a lot better than the previous quarter (2.45).  I'm curious about what Verizon/AT&T's port ratios are against T-Mobile.

T-Mobile is port-positive against all carriers. In Q3 2015: 2.1 to Sprint, 2.0 to AT&T and 1.3 to Verizon

The opposite ratios are easy to derive.

(0.77 T-Mobile to Verizon, 0.5 to T-Mobile to AT&T and 0.47 T-Mobile to Sprint).

• Like 3

The all new data strong network bloated with customers

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4785810300

Now John Legere can quickly scratch out whatever he had planned for Uncarrier 10, maybe even push back whatever that is for Uncarrier 11, because now for Uncarrier 10 is the new "Data Gone Wrong" Network, if he's truthful about it.

However, more likely it's be called the "Data Long Gone", Network "experiment", where T-Mobile takes customers back to experience the speeds of the early 90s. Not to worry though, John Legere likely will have someone fix it if you send an email or tweet to him.

If you tweet to him, you'll get to read all the responses Magentans will tweet in saying how great John Legere is for helping resolve a customer pain point, assuming he does respond.

Here's the rumor on T-Mobile next move.

http://bgr.com/2015/10/29/t-mobile-unlimited-video-streaming-leak-netflix-hbo/

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha. I wish. I'd love to watch their network implode, but I doubt they'd do something that crazy. At least not with equally crazy fine print.

• Like 1

Here's the rumor on T-Mobile next move.

http://bgr.com/2015/10/29/t-mobile-unlimited-video-streaming-leak-netflix-hbo/

Thoughts?

This would kill any reason to buy an unlimited data plan, in fact smart people would buy the cheapest data plan available if this truly meant fully exempted music and video streaming.
  • Like 1

If anything, I could see at best, throttled video streaming to 1mbps, so users can still stream video after reaching their limit, but not to the point where it slows their network to a crawl.

That was my thought as well.

Let's see how the fanboys spin the * found in the T&Cs.

I agree as T-Mobile boasts its network speeds and this would slow it down immensely. This is similar to what Claure tried (for a few hours) and was flamed for.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Pssh.  Legere can do things Marcelo has done and it is good.  Meanwhile, anything Sprint does, even if they succeed T-Mobile's offerings, is bad. 

• Like 2

If anything, I could see at best, throttled video streaming to 1mbps, so users can still stream video after reaching their limit, but not to the point where it slows their network to a crawl.

It'll still slow it to a crawl, Music freedom requires 2-3Mbps for bursts up to 4 seconds.

A constant 1mbps stream x 3,000 people streaming, will cause some troubles lol

John Legere Halloween Tales of the Scarriers... :mad2: Only he would do this

http://www.tmonews.com/2015/10/john-legere-celebrates-halloween-with-tales-of-the-scarriers/

With John is its a love/dislike with me. After watching these videos I thought they were funny especially the one for Sprint and the cage fight with him and Marcelo. But still shocking john didn't dog out Sprint like he use to.

• Like 2

I've already posted my opinions about this here, and it seems some of you agree with me about the throttling. Yet, here is what I think is further going to happen, which I believe I mentioned a bit about before.

John Legere likely is going to institute a speed cap for this, that'll be on all plans for anything that uses video and I assume for audio as well. My guess is the speed cap will be around 8/9 mbps, just like the one of the prepaid plan groups that use it. More later...