Similar forum like this but for AT&T?

xmx1024

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I thought it would be good to point out that I've noticed At&t is using 15x15 for its band 2 LTE in the Baltimore and DC market. Screenshot below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzjp0bp7p2f5h3r/Screenshot_2015-11-21-23-00-46.png?dl=0

No, it's good to see. Everyone thinks they're the other Sprint. 

• Like 1

No, it's good to see. Everyone thinks they're the other Sprint.

I wouldn't say that's the problem as much as they charge rates similar to Verizon and their network isn't as highly ranked nationally. I realize there's plenty of markets, mainly in the South and the West, where AT&T is stronger than Verizon performance wise. That said, it seems like VZW is winning more of the RootMetrics tests so far for 2H 2015. AT&T is solidly second but if they would have pricing between, say, where VZW is and where T-Mobile is, that would be more attractive.

Some Samsung devices sure have regretfully ruined a provider's reputation, when really the device was at fault. The Galaxy Nexus being the absolute worst.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Allow me to introduce you to the Nexus S.

• Like 1

I recently visited Fort Lauderdale FL which is a Band 5 market for AT&T. About a year ago they were running 5x5 and it is now 10x10. I have a screenshot if anybody is interested. 

AT&T holds both Cellular 850 MHz A/B block licenses in Miami-Fort Lauderdale.  It is easy for AT&T to expand band 5 from 5 MHz FDD to 10 MHz FDD.

AJ

• Like 2

AT&T holds both Cellular 850 MHz A/B block licenses in Miami-Fort Lauderdale.  It is easy for AT&T to expand band 5 from 5 MHz FDD to 10 MHz FDD.

AJ

Question for you AJ. Before AT&T moved to 15 MHz FDD for Band 2, my phone use to use carrier aggregation with Band 17. Now this no longer occurs. Is this a limitation of aggregating with 15 MHz and 10 MHz or strictly AT&T limiting this? 

In the Los Angeles area I have seen several new AT&T macro sites go up in the last 3 months.  After a period of inactivity it seems like AT&T is trying to densify its network here.

The carriers selling off their towers has created some interesting co-location opportunities.

Question for you AJ. Before AT&T moved to 15 MHz FDD for Band 2, my phone use to use carrier aggregation with Band 17. Now this no longer occurs. Is this a limitation of aggregating with 15 MHz and 10 MHz or strictly AT&T limiting this? 

Could be either reason.

Do the RF transceiver and baseband modem in your handset support 2x CA greater than 20 MHz FDD total?  Do they support the 15 MHz FDD band 2 + 10 MHz FDD band 17 combo?

AJ

• 3 weeks later...

How has VoLTE been for everybody else? I just got my first taste of it as I moved from Gophone to Postpaid. Coverage has been solid so far and calls super clear.

I still have not experienced VoLTE on AT&T. :(

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

I still have not experienced VoLTE on AT&T. :(

It's nice when you have a call with another AT&T customer. Haven't had any fallback to HSPA during a call so i can't comment on that but part of that is because they seem to have their Band 2 LTE cranked up really high around here, a lot of times stronger than Band 17

• Like 1

Call quality on Verizon VoLTE is very good. Haven't had any HD calls yet though. Interoperability isn't enabled with other carriers yet. Should be similar to AT&T's iteration since they both use the same codec at the same bitrate.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Call quality on Verizon VoLTE is very good. Haven't had any HD calls yet though.

Too bad.  We all are looking forward to hearing your high pitched Dan voice in full fidelity.

AJ

• Like 2

I would assume you have it turned on in your settings? You may have to call and have it enabled on your account.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1874129-VoLTE-HDVoice-and-Wifi-Calling-on-Non-ATT-Sold-Phones

Seems as if VoLTE on phones not sold on AT&T is a pain in the arse to enable.

My area now shows on AT&T maps as HD voice. Just haven't experienced one yet.

You won't get it on any non branded unlocked device except for iPhone. And if you're not using an iPhone or carrier branded device don't even bother trying to get them to enable VoLTE. It will be a futile attempt...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1874129-VoLTE-HDVoice-and-Wifi-Calling-on-Non-ATT-Sold-Phones

Seems as if VoLTE on phones not sold on AT&T is a pain in the arse to enable.

You won't get it on any non branded unlocked device except for iPhone. And if you're not using an iPhone or carrier branded device don't even bother trying to get them to enable VoLTE. It will be a futile attempt...

And there's my problem.  I have never bought an AT&T branded device.  And I likely never will.  They can keep their VoLTE.  I'm churning to Tmo anyway.

• Like 1

And there's my problem. I have never bought an AT&T branded device. And I likely never will. They can keep their VoLTE. I'm churning to Tmo anyway.

Their policy is absurd. They aren't even allowing the new Nexus devices to use VoLTE or even have VVM. While T-Mobile and even Verizon of all carriers, grants them access to VoLTE.

I really hate being with at&t but I get too good of a deal to let my feelings dictate whether to stay or not, and the service works well for me. Oy.

• Like 5

Oy.

As I like to say to myself, "Oy vey.  Canta y no llores.  Porque le falta."

But that mish mash is just me.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

As I like to say to myself, "Oy vey.  Canta y no llores.  Porque le falta."

But that mish mash is just me.

:P

AJ

¿¿¿por qué???

Porque, porque, porque...

I really hate being with at&t but I get too good of a deal to let my feelings dictate whether to stay or not, and the service works well for me. Oy.

That pretty much sums up my feelings about T-Mobile since getting the new service with them a week ago. The deal they are giving my mother is just too good to pass up, especially with the LG V10 they gave my mother a $150 discount on. The plan is $45 monthly for unlimited talk & text, along with unlimited 4G LTE. Basically the same cost as the 7-10 line Sprint Framily deal, though without the worry of people leaving for another plan or carrier. Plus, T-Mobile credited much of the past few months of billing for the two line $100 deal we had before, bringing the cost of that down to around the same as we are paying now. It is an amazing arrangement I definitely acknowledge T-Mobile for doing, though I still resent the company for what I believe they are dong wrong. Nothing changes that, which I'll always point out whenever it is discussed. 

Their policy is absurd. They aren't even allowing the new Nexus devices to use VoLTE or even have VVM. While T-Mobile and even Verizon of all carriers, grants them access to VoLTE.

It doesn't bother or affect me, but that's why Sprint is the only hope for a lot of us. I have my fingers crossed for next year, especially seeing how much they've done just finishing most of NV (on time) alone this year.